Temp gauge

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Alanb67
Car(s): Ford capri 1.6L

Temp gauge

Post by Alanb67 »

Hi all
When your capri is up to full driving temperature where roughly does your needle sit in the dial

Thanks.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Temp gauge

Post by Jasonmarie »

I was looking at this yesterday as the temp was very hot so normal driving just under the half way mark , that's driving along the motorway and when in traffic it got up to 3/4 then come down a bit and was doing that for sometime as I was stuck in traffic .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

I was having problems with my car once the temp gauge got to around half way. It would run like utter ass and want to conk out. I replaced the rad with an uprated aluminium race-spec one and now the temp gauge never goes above a quarter once its at operating temperature, even in this heat and sitting in traffic! Car runs like a dream now.
On the motorway at speed the temp gauge goes down so far its almost on cold, thats how efficient a good rad can be.
Alanb67

Post by Alanb67 »

I'm still having problems with my fuel and temp gauge. I fitted a new regulator. When I'm driving at a steady pace, around 40mph the gauges seem to work but when i put the foot on the accelerator they just shoot back up to the top, then back down again when i drive steady again......
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

Alanb67 wrote:I'm still having problems with my fuel and temp gauge. I fitted a new regulator. When I'm driving at a steady pace, around 40mph the gauges seem to work but when i put the foot on the accelerator they just shoot back up to the top, then back down again when i drive steady again......
Do they do that when you rev the engine while it's stationery or does it only do it while you're moving?
Alanb67

Post by Alanb67 »

It does it whether im moving or staitionary. Ive changed the regulator twice and the earth seems ok. I think it could possibly be the connection between the box holding the regulator and the back of the clocks. The funny thing is i don't get anything from the gauges at all when i turn the ignition on without the engine running.....driving me nuts.