What kind of spoiler is this?

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
-JC-
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser
2004 Mazda RX8

What kind of spoiler is this?

Post by -JC- »

Found it on a google image search, and it was from a thread on here! This one, by Peter S :

viewtopic.php?t=50900%20
"Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Re: What kind of spoiler is this?

Post by Arya2.0S »

Thats the RGA one. Thinking of getting one myself but they are mega expensive as the only place that does them is CCI and they only sell them to you in 3 separate parts at great cost per section to maximise how much they can milk you for.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

It is an RGA one, how do I know? I bought that exact one from Peter earlier this year! Decided not to fit it though so it may be up for sale.

JC - The head I bought from you is finally going to get used. I'm going to rebuild it and have hardened valve seats fitted then it's getting fitted on a top secret 2.0S that I've just bought!
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
Back in the day, every single car magazine had an advert for RGA bodykits, but I bet the stuff is hard to find these days.

Andrew.
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi,
Back in the day, every single car magazine had an advert for RGA bodykits, but I bet the stuff is hard to find these days.

Andrew.
Capri club do the whole kit, at a hefty price tag i might add. So do tickover, they can do the front part alone for half the price of what CCI are charging for the exact same thing BUT theres an 8 week wait time. :roll:
-JC-
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser
2004 Mazda RX8

Post by -JC- »

Ah ok, yeah I've seen those. Looked different somehow in that picture. Maybe I should get one to g with my rga rear spoiler!
Paul G wrote:It is an RGA one, how do I know? I bought that exact one from Peter earlier this year! Decided not to fit it though so it may be up for sale.

JC - The head I bought from you is finally going to get used. I'm going to rebuild it and have hardened valve seats fitted then it's getting fitted on a top secret 2.0S that I've just bought!
Heh, was actually wondering about that the other day! Glad it's gone to a good home!
"Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

-JC- wrote:Image

Found it on a google image search, and it was from a thread on here! This one, by Peter S :

viewtopic.php?t=50900%20
Yeah, I bought it as the front valance on the 2.8 looked a bit ropey when I bought the car

ImageDSCF1908 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

but in the end the valence straightened out more than I thought and I was reasonably happy so the spoiler just sat in the shed until Paul bought it.
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
timfromull
Car(s): 1985 Capri Laser (project) Mitsubishi Shogun Warrior and Vauxhall Vivaro van

Post by timfromull »

-JC- wrote:Image

viewtopic.php?t=50900%20
A front one :whistle: