Photobucket requiring charges?

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Will01
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6GL 1981 (Track Project) & 2.0 GL 1979(Gone to Capri Heaven)
Alfa 156 GTA (Daily Driver)
Alfa 2.4JTD Sportwagon
Mini Cooper S (Wife's)
Old Jags & Riley's for fun

Re: Photobucket requiring charges?

Post by Will01 »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Out of curiosity, are the Photobucket accounts locked completely or is it simply the third party website hosting feature that is denied?

Andrew.
Still able to access and upload photos, but it means anytime i am on a forum or page where someone is posting a picture from Photobucket all i get is a crappy looking tacho thing with update your hosting p500 thingy and the photo is not visible.
i am getting started to remove photos and shutdown my photobucket since it doesn't work :(
Plans have changed to just make a good fun Track Car :)
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

You may have already seen this Will, but if not it's worth a look, an excellent alternative to Photobucket -

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=51474

Kudos to Paul G for finding it.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Paul, I didn't actually find the postimage, I nicked the idea off another forum where people had suggested it.
pbar

Post by pbar »

You're still the one who brought it here Paul, you are the discoverer, the founder, the adventurer, the explorer, the man!
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

pbar wrote:You're still the one who brought it here Paul, you are the discoverer, the founder, the adventurer, the explorer, the man!
Saint Paul (G)!

patron Saint of Pictures! (on Capri Laser Forum)
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Let's make him Pope!
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

I don't think me as Pope or Prime Minister would be a very good idea. Adventurer - well I'm going to Majorca for a week in September, first holiday for 14 years. (Mind you I have been all round the world in my younger days). Founder is another word for sinking and I'm no saint believe me!

Now we have mastered postimage I will soon start a thread about my Capri's, including my newly bought 2.0S which I've kept quietish about so far!

Oh well, off to get my Robin Hood kit car MOT'd this afternoon, it's got to be sold as has the Rover Sd1 Vitesse and the Fiesta as I need more Capri room now!
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

Paul G wrote:(Mind you I have been all round the world in my younger days)
Where have you been?
Travelling can be fun so long as its you deciding where to go, before i was 10 i had ended up circumnavigating the globe at least twice i reckon, at least if you clock all the miles up in total i reckon. All thanks to the old folks who couldn't decide where the f#*k they wanted to live! lol
Been to Australia (was nearly born there infact) by way of Perth, stopped off in Bali on the way there, then the states in the very early 90's, Miami, San Fran, then back and fourth to Spain several times for the majority of my childhood, been through France a few times, then back to the states to meet my wife when i was in my late teens and been living here since '05.
Now the most i manage is to Southampton and back these days lol.

Looking forward to seeing this new Capri of yours.

(sorry, off topic)
Paul G

Post by Paul G »

Arya, I've sent you a PM as it would take up too much space on here!
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

Paul G, seeing your mention of a Robin Hood, did you used to be on the Haynes and or Locost forum by any chance ?
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

Paul G wrote:Arya, I've sent you a PM as it would take up too much space on here!
Sorry man, I don't seem to have received it.
I'll see you in a couple of weeks anyways so we can chat about then. :-)
Paul G

Post by Paul G »

Not_Anumber wrote:Paul G, seeing your mention of a Robin Hood, did you used to be on the Haynes and or Locost forum by any chance ?
No, I did sign up for the RHOCAR one when I was in the Robin Hood owner's club, mainly for technical info when I built the car, but I never actually posted on it. Capri Power and this forum are the only forums regarding anything I've ever been active on.

Car passed it's MOT then broke down on the way home with a blocked fuel pick up pipe due to cruddy stale petrol. All cleaned out and fixed now. I will post some pics of it tomorrow.
Paul G

Post by Paul G »

Arya2.0S wrote:
Paul G wrote:Arya, I've sent you a PM as it would take up too much space on here!
Sorry man, I don't seem to have received it.
I'll see you in a couple of weeks anyways so we can chat about then. :-)
It was an email in the end.
ollyw
Car(s): 1984 B Reg 2.8i rebored to 2922cc near concours condition. Restored from near scrap condition.
1983 A Reg 2.8i Caspian Blue over Silver. Ongoing now roadworthy project from scrap condition

Post by ollyw »

Ironically all the posts in this thread saying look it still works have come up as please upgrade your account blah blah!
pbar

Post by pbar »

ollyw wrote:Ironically all the posts in this thread saying look it still works have come up as please upgrade your account blah blah!
I don't know what you mean olly, it still works, look :P

ollyw
Car(s): 1984 B Reg 2.8i rebored to 2922cc near concours condition. Restored from near scrap condition.
1983 A Reg 2.8i Caspian Blue over Silver. Ongoing now roadworthy project from scrap condition

Post by ollyw »

:lol:

Oh I stand corrected! But how?!
pbar

Post by pbar »

ollyw wrote::lol:

Oh I stand corrected! But how?!
It's a kind of magic :)

(Or rather, it's Postimage)