No More Haynes As We Know It

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

No More Haynes As We Know It

Post by pbar »

Some may already know this (but I didn't), that Haynes manuals are not being produced as hardbacks any more. Paperback only now. I guess that they won't last too well after you've been lying on your back under a car whilst thumbing through it to find that all conquering paragraph or pic to finish the job and such like.

Any hardback ones you find are old stock, so if you need one for a particular vehicle, might be best to get a move on if you don't want a paperback.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Re: No More Haynes As We Know It

Post by Paul G »

Probably won't get the paperback ones for long either before it all goes on bloody computers!
-JC-
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser
2004 Mazda RX8

Post by -JC- »

Paul G wrote:Probably won't get the paperback ones for long either before it all goes on bloody computers!

At least then the pages won't blow about in the wind!

I'm a big proponent of technology and progress etc; but for things like that, a book does have its advantages. (Except for the above).
"Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."
ollyw
Car(s): 1984 B Reg 2.8i rebored to 2922cc near concours condition. Restored from near scrap condition.
1983 A Reg 2.8i Caspian Blue over Silver. Ongoing now roadworthy project from scrap condition

Post by ollyw »

"Refitting is reversal of removal" - thanks Haynes! My favourite line from their manuals!