Re: Capri Party & Rally Weekend 2017 (30 June, 1/2 July)

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
nigecapri
Car(s): Black 2.0S with supercharged bike carbs.

Post by nigecapri »

Quote:
Post by Admin » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:44 pm

Just re-confirmed the booking with the site owner so this is happening as planned. Several members have confirmed they are going so should be a good relaxing weekend. More always welcome. Any questions just ask. Only just over three weeks now :D

Don't forget your sunblock !

Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

nigecapri wrote: Don't forget your sunblock !

And the Hobnobs, don't forget the Hobnobs :lol:
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
340truck
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Rat - GONE
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE
Only 2 Zetec SE Fezzas left now, 1.6 ghia gone. Mk 1 Focus replaces, sticking with 1.6 Zetec SE

Post by 340truck »

Counting the days.......
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

340truck wrote:Counting the days.......

BBQ and Gazebo close to hand Dave?
340truck
Donator
Donator
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE
Only 2 Zetec SE Fezzas left now, 1.6 ghia gone. Mk 1 Focus replaces, sticking with 1.6 Zetec SE

Post by 340truck »

It's all planned Peter....staying Thurs night at my Sis so I can pick up the tranny in the morning, get them from the lock up, go home, load the rest of my stuff (cue!) and meet Tom at Cambridge services and get there as soon as I can, the earlier the better :D
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

340truck wrote:meet Tom at Cambridge services
Sounds good my man! Where is 'yours' these days? You said you weren't in Haverhill anymore?
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
340truck
Donator
Donator
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE

Post by 340truck »

Gosfield near Braintree
mjcapri
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Diamond White Granada 24v

Caspian Blue Sierra XR4i

Stealth Grey Focus RS

Storm Grey Fiesta ST200 (actually belongs to the missus!)

Mean Green Fiesta ST-3

Post by mjcapri »

I think I'm going to invest in a new tent. A pop up one because I really can't be arsed with the annual tent torture! And the seats in my RS won't make a good bed!
Ghia15
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1981 3.0 Ghia (Restoration Project), 1982 2.0's (Long term project), 1993 BMW E34 520i, 1999 Volvo V70 (Sold to the Parents)

Post by Ghia15 »

Getting ready.

Might not get the cappa there this year. MOT might be a bit of an issue with a non working speedo and the handbrake travel with the sierra cable.

If I can get a spacer pipe made up to shorten the effective travel then I might be able to get her ready.

Although have lost my evenings now as my work are moving me to a twilight shift and I might be moving branch again.

Will see what happens.
dan the capri fan
Car(s): Black 1986 Ford Capri 1.6 Laser.
Imperial Red 1983 Ford Capri 2.0S (concors winner).
Silver 2002 Ford Mondeo 1.8 Zetec, daily driver.

Post by dan the capri fan »

Hi everyone long time no see me and mum will be coming to this fantastic weekend as usual. Can never miss it as its a good laugh with lots of drink nice capris and good company. Is it at that lovely site at the cross keys pub in molesworth near Huntingdon again? Like previous years. I can't wait I've also booked that week off work from the 30th of June to the 7th of July so it will be my holiday. It will be great to see everyone old and new. :D
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

dan the capri fan wrote:Hi everyone long time no see me and mum will be coming to this fantastic weekend as usual. Can never miss it as its a good laugh with lots of drink nice capris and good company. Is it at that lovely site at the cross keys pub in molesworth near Huntingdon again? Like previous years. I can't wait I've also booked that week off work from the 30th of June to the 7th of July so it will be my holiday. It will be great to see everyone old and new. :D
Hi Dan,

Yep, same place as last couple of years

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=50682#p343988

See you in just over a week :)
340truck
Donator
Donator
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE

Post by 340truck »

dan the capri fan wrote:Hi everyone long time no see me and mum will be coming to this fantastic weekend as usual. Can never miss it as its a good laugh with lots of drink nice capris and good company. Is it at that lovely site at the cross keys pub in molesworth near Huntingdon again? Like previous years. I can't wait I've also booked that week off work from the 30th of June to the 7th of July so it will be my holiday. It will be great to see everyone old and new. :D
Tell your mum we'd like a cake/some cakes this year please! Be good to see you both
mjcapri
Donator
Donator

Caspian Blue Sierra XR4i

Stealth Grey Focus RS

Mean Green Fiesta ST-3

Post by mjcapri »

Looks like the rain is heading down from Newcastle with me on Friday.... I'll have to try and outrun it and at least get the tent up!
dan the capri fan

Hi i was wondering how people felt if i advertised this great weekend on Facebook e.g on a great capri group on there called capri world? As it would be great to get some more capri enthusiasts onto this forum and get them to come to this great weekend even if it was just for a day. :D
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi all,

Just wanted to say have a fantastic CRaP this weekend :) Truely gutted I cant camp over with you all this year as meeting you all last year was brilliant, albeit just for a few hours. Great bunch of ladies and gents and dogs indeed :D

I am still down in Doniford Bay, Somerset in a caravan this week then a bit of a drive on Sat up to my parents in West Yorkshire for their 50th Anniversary.

Enjoy your weekend :)

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
dan the capri fan

I'm looking forward to this great weekend see you's all later today also this will be the first time driving the capri to CRaP myself. :D
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Everyone,
I hope you've all had a safe journey and are enjoying better weather than we've got here (rain, rain, wind and a bit more rain for good measure!).
Hopefully, we'll get a report and some good pics of the weekend upon your return.

Andrew.
nigecapri
Car(s): Black 2.0S with supercharged bike carbs.

Post by nigecapri »

I got there on friday before dark ahead of a few showers & put my tent up as the landlord was pouring me a drink. Most of the crew were already there. We didn't bother about rain as we all went in the pub for tea & a few frames of pool. A fine weekend sat under the shade of a stand of trees (very useful things) with fine company & food as always. Terrorists being arrested on the A1 as we drove down with 4 1/2 mile tailbacks northbound :-), hot air balloons crashing in the field behind us, a tie between our two teams at pub-skittles and the Sally-B Fortress over RAF Molesworth just as we left today. A more entertaining weekend could never be imagined. Roll on next year.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

nigecapri wrote:I got there on friday before dark ahead of a few showers & put my tent up as the landlord was pouring me a drink. Most of the crew were already there. We didn't bother about rain as we all went in the pub for tea & a few frames of pool. A fine weekend sat under the shade of a stand of trees (very useful things) with fine company & food as always. Terrorists being arrested on the A1 as we drove down with 4 1/2 mile tailbacks northbound :-), hot air balloons crashing in the field behind us, a tie between our two teams at pub-skittles and the Sally-B Fortress over RAF Molesworth just as we left today. A more entertaining weekend could never be imagined. Roll on next year.
That's where Sally B was. I called in to Duxford briefly on the way home and she was 'missing'!

Yes a great weekend as ever. Glyn will probably be surprised that the car made it there and back although if I'd been a couple of minutes earlier on Friday I could have been a bit too close to the pick up that ended on its roof on the A14 :shock:
Certainly roll on next year its always summer high light :D
mjcapri
Donator
Donator

Caspian Blue Sierra XR4i

Stealth Grey Focus RS

Mean Green Fiesta ST-3

Post by mjcapri »

It was a fantastic weekend as ever! I had a leisurely drive up as far as Lincolnshire with Nige and then got my foot down a bit until the fuel light came on.... ;)

If you like Capris, a barbecue, a few (dozen) beers and Geordie humour you really should come along!