Drink????

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Drink????

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi All,

As some of you might have caught on from my Posts just now, I've been out for a Drink!!! I Love it!!! Sorry, this is who I am, it gets me chatting and wanting to learn other peoples opinions!!!

Why can't the Youth just get on and Enjoy themselves with out a Barney when there's no School tomorrow after a Drink???? Have a great chat, explore the differences of opinion AND MOVE ON!!! Stood at the Bar in a Local Boozer waiting to be served, I got knocked flying!!! (And this is NO SMALL FEET, those of you who have met me!!!! 26'ish Stone!!!!)

Even the Lass behind the Bar was shocked I let it go and just wanted to get the Round in.... Anyhow, I got said Drinks and re-joined my friends, just to have the Local Fuzz turn up and (Just doing their Job.... (No Malice towards them!!!)) turn a relaxing night into a Night you want to forget!!!

Sorry, not too sure what my point was going to be now... :xd: :xd: :xd: :lol: :lol: :lol: :xd: :xd: :xd: The Demon Drink!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope you all have a Very relaxing Week End with NO NUTTERS wanting to spoil it.... Happy June!!! Cheers,

John...
Image20170610_003340 by John Taylor, on Flickr
Image20170610_003343 by John Taylor, on Flickr
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Drink????

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi John,
That sounds like a lively night out!
It's right what you say though, the young people can't seem to go out out for a drink and just enjoy themselves. What's going on there?

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

The good thing about it is I guess some would say it makes you feel young again ..

The last time I was pulled was in my Capri back in the early 90s also they must have loads of money in your area as you have two cars ...
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

6 years tomorrow since I last drank alcohol.....Not always easy, but cant say I miss it or the crap that often comes with it.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

I very rarely drink these days although I still enjoy a pint or several of decent real ale now and again.

When I was younger, I would go out with my mates to the local pub several nights a week and probably consume 6 or more pints each time, have a laugh and then make my way home peacefully.

I feel the problem with some (but not all) youth behaviour these days is that they get pre loaded on high alcohol content drinks, bought from a supermarket at 30p per gallon and often turn up at a pub or bar already half cut, then they proceed to drink various other drinks throughout the evening, often mixed with other inhaled or ingested substances, and then after all this everyone seems surprised that they get rather lairy.

Back in my day the supermarkets didn't sell booze;- you had to go to a proper off - licence to get it and there weren't all these "legal highs" available and people generally did conduct them selves better and weren't ususally as drunk as some get today. Sure, there were punch ups but most times it was one on one and done in the car park rather than the bar itself.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

I like a drink, but only drinking at the weekends now.. well most times ;)

The link between drink and ballbag behavior (BBB) is that where you might be able to restrain yourself or check your behaviour sober, nobody can hide what's underneath the skin for long after a few pints.... it shows through. I lived with a few men who, after literally 2 pints, would start arguing, desperate to fight (actually to be beaten up is what a lot of them want). People who "knew" them used to say, "oh, he changes with a drink inside him". But that's not true. It was just their true selves coming out, which were hidden otherwise. I don't know if it was the drink lowering their inhibitions, or them using the drink as an excuse for bad behaviour.. probably a bit of both.

Some people are intent on self destruction, but are not honest enough to admit it. Just anothe, more socially acceptable, form of self-harm with some people. Not the alcohol's fault though ... most people enjoy the nice fuzzy feeling of having a few drinks and the fun times that not being all there provides. To those people... cheers! :beer:

Some people also just simply don't get on with it.. it doesn't agree with them. Hard when loads of their mates are quaffing away merrily every weekend though.. that's the hardest part of not drinking. It's available everywhere, socially acceptable and the majority of people do it to relax. If you dont' want to have a drink its easy to feel left out.. or switch to smoking or something else, maybe something not yet legal :cigar: . Not fair really since alcohol would be a class A if invented today.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

Paul G wrote:I very rarely drink these days although I still enjoy a pint or several of decent real ale now and again.

When I was younger, I would go out with my mates to the local pub several nights a week and probably consume 6 or more pints each time, have a laugh and then make my way home peacefully.

I feel the problem with some (but not all) youth behaviour these days is that they get pre loaded on high alcohol content drinks, bought from a supermarket at 30p per gallon and often turn up at a pub or bar already half cut, then they proceed to drink various other drinks throughout the evening, often mixed with other inhaled or ingested substances, and then after all this everyone seems surprised that they get rather lairy.

Back in my day the supermarkets didn't sell booze;- you had to go to a proper off - licence to get it and there weren't all these "legal highs" available and people generally did conduct them selves better and weren't ususally as drunk as some get today. Sure, there were punch ups but most times it was one on one and done in the car park rather than the bar itself.
What supermarket are you shopping at?! I want to go there! 30p per gallon! :P

Im not sure if its that, as these alcopops arent exactly cheap from the supermarkets either, at least not where im from. I think its just because young people tend to have a point to prove, or at the very least think like they do, its all youthful male bravado bullshit basically, which is fine its natural we're only mammals after all but yeah i think its that.
The older generation are "wiser" (some of them :P) and know that shit is stupid so for the most part dont get involved whereas the younger boys are all about waving their dicks around to prove who is the best Alpha.

I got properly drunk for the first time last night (im 32), at home with my wife and some video games and friends online and it was brilliant, until i attempted to go to bed where i proceeded to vom for the rest of the night, only just got up at 4pm about an hour ago, no hang over though so silver linings etc etc lol.
timfromull
Car(s): 1985 Capri Laser (project) Mitsubishi Shogun Warrior and Vauxhall Vivaro van

Post by timfromull »

18 months ago, alcohol (or the abuse of) killed my daughters mum.
Only 38.........It's not easy picking your 9 year old from school to tell them their mum's dead.....
There isn't anything wrong with alcohol, it's the abuse that's wrong.
Alcohol dependency wrecks families, relationships and children's lives.

Anyway, on a lighter note, I'm off for a couple of flaggans of my favourite craft ale :cheers:
tejb1
Car(s): -V Capri 1.6L (under restoration)
W- Mondeo 2.0 Ghia Estate
03 Focus 1.6

Post by tejb1 »

In defence of the youngsters, I've read several studies which suggest that under-30s drink less and cause less trouble by doing so than was the case 20,30 years ago - the problem drinkers are no longer teenagers but middle aged!
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

It's an achievement when there is a evening at my local where the police don't turn up :D
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

Round my way its

Real ale pubs = a variety of ages, types. A mixture of occasional, regular and a few heavier drinkers. = No trouble ever

Fiz beer pubs = largely younger drinkers, all driving Saxos and looking like they came out of the same cloning process. Binge drinkers = Often trouble at closing time if not before.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Not_Anumber wrote:all driving Saxos and looking like they came out of the same cloning process.
:lol: Very good.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
dan the capri fan
Car(s): Black 1986 Ford Capri 1.6 Laser.
Imperial Red 1983 Ford Capri 2.0S (concors winner).
Silver 2002 Ford Mondeo 1.8 Zetec, daily driver.

Post by dan the capri fan »

"Feck, arse, girls" I thought I would finish that quote off lol. :D
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

dan the capri fan wrote:"Feck, arse, girls" I thought I would finish that quote off lol. :D
:lol: Good one!
-JC-
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser
2004 Mazda RX8

Post by -JC- »

dan the capri fan wrote:"Feck, arse, girls" I thought I would finish that quote off lol. :D
Someone had to!
Major_Tom wrote: arguing, desperate to fight (actually to be beaten up is what a lot of them want). People who "knew" them used to say, "oh, he changes with a drink inside him". But that's not true. It was just their true selves coming out, which were hidden otherwise. I don't know if it was the drink lowering their inhibitions, or them using the drink as an excuse for bad behaviour.. probably a bit of both.
Some people are just "aunts" - as my autocorrect likes to put it ;)

I'm glad I'm not like that, the warm fuzzy feeling is way too nice
"Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."