Executive decision made

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
B7ADA
Car(s): 1979 Mk 3 T Reg Gold Capri

Executive decision made

Post by B7ADA »

after many weeks of deliberation i have decided to keep the 'Golden Lady' on original wheels and tyres, i will not be putting her on any kind of alloys totally original is the way to i think !

Your thoughts appreciated!

Thank you.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Re: Executive decision made

Post by Paul G »

B7ADA wrote:after many weeks of deliberation i have decided to keep the 'Golden Lady' on original wheels and tyres, i will not be putting her on any kind of alloys totally original is the way to i think !

Your thoughts appreciated!

Thank you.
Keep it absolutely original - even get genuine Ford service parts if you can.

The only things you could fit are anything that was on the official Ford options list at the time the car was new.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
I agree, keeping the original wheels is the way to go.

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi,
I agree, keeping the original wheels is the way to go.

Andrew.
Me too.......
But I would be tempted to put some new tyres on her for safety reasons, and keep the originals in the garage :)
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

Might as well, if theres nothing wrong with them and more importantly you like how they look then why mess with them?

Its a very slippery, and massively costly slope to go down chasing factory originality, but if you've got the patience and more importantly the means to pay for it, go for it.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Arya2.0S wrote:Its a very slippery, and massively costly slope to go down chasing factory originality
Not with that car, it looks to be totally original as it is.

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

iam with everybody on here , it should be kept the way ford wanted it to come out the showroom .

She is mint also are you going to drive her or transport her around ? As if transport around keep the tyres on .

But in truth I have to drive mine as that smile on my face is worth the risk also I don't know if it's just me when you get a flash or honk from the car going past also I had a car pull me over last weekend just to say how much he loved the car and all his happy memories from when he was a child .

If I had a lot of money to burn I would keep that golden lady for shows and buy a driver (capri) to tow her to shows .

Now that would look the dogs xxxxxxx

As they say we don't own our capris we are just looking after them for that next lucky person . :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

Jasonmarie wrote:iam with everybody on here , it should be kept the way ford wanted it to come out the showroom .

She is mint also are you going to drive her or transport her around ? As if transport around keep the tyres on .

But in truth I have to drive mine as that smile on my face is worth the risk also I don't know if it's just me when you get a flash or honk from the car going past also I had a car pull me over last weekend just to say how much he loved the car and all his happy memories from when he was a child .

If I had a lot of money to burn I would keep that golden lady for shows and buy a driver (capri) to tow her to shows .

Now that would look the dogs xxxxxxx

As they say we don't own our capris we are just looking after them for that next lucky person . :beer:
Had a guy in a brand new big Audi say "nice car" to me while sitting in traffic the other day. Must have been a £80k+ car and he's giving me compliments! Crazy how much admiration these old cars get, especially considering they used to be a bit of a laughing stock not too long ago.