Whoops !

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Whoops !

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Seen this on Facebook and thought it was rather funny...

Image2017-05-30_11-38-34 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Whoops !

Post by andyd »

:doh: Even I know better than that :)
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

For a second I thought you was talking about your car ... :P that's a good find LOL
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

The chap must have felt like a right banana after the mistake was pointed out.

Andrew.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

He's not the only one who has senior moments. I hate to admit that I changed the rear pads on my Octavia daily a couple of months ago. Finished then took it round the block to check all's Ok and there was a horrendous grinding from the rear. Jacked it up and bollock brain here had got one of the pads in back to front! :doh:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Paul G wrote: and bollock brain here had got one of the pads in back to front! :doh:
:oops: :lol: :lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

That reminds me when i couldn't find any spare money to replace the very worn front brake pads on a car I had some years ago, so had to leave buying a set until the end of the month despite knowing they were worn far too thin. After a while the brakes started to sound terrible which told me that one of the brake pads was now worn right through the friction material and down to the metal on it's leading edge. It struggled on for a couple more days but when I had to hit the brakes to avoid someone pulling out of a side road there was an almighty bang, the pedal went soft but oddly started working again after i had pumped the pedal twice. The car had stopped and all seemed ok but when i got out to examine the source of the bang I found the remains of a brake pad embedded vertically in the road behind the car. Due to the design of the callipers plus my foolishness the knackered brake pad was too thin for the retainer and the force of braking threw it out of the calliper at force. What had actually stopped the car quite well was the action of the brake piston itself on the disk.