Capri stolen Manchester

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
capri_sam
Posts: 1273
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:08 am
Car(s): Cosworth BOA, big exhaust, little bitty axle, bright yellow interior. Not exactly subtle.
Location: South, Midlands, and North. :D

Capri stolen Manchester

Postby capri_sam » Tue May 16, 2017 10:41 am

Hi all, long time no post!

My car was stolen last night (Monday 15th May) from the Worsley area of Salford.

Very distinctive car - Black with white stripes, 15" revolution 5-spokes (on new uniroyal tyres I only had fitted on Friday), big bore exhaust, no badges on the back, yellow recaro front seats and yellow GL back seats and cards. 2.9 cossie BOA under the bonnet, you'll hear it a mile off (see pics).

If anyone offers you any spares or a black non-v6 shell in generally decent condition (bit of bubbling by the rear arches), please let me know!

Crime reference number is 122347h/17.

Edit: Images aren't working, see imgur gallery here! http://imgur.com/a/1GWdV

Image

Image

Image
Total number of friends who have so far managed to open the passenger door first time: 1.
Image

Caprifan Rob
Posts: 1021
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Capri stolen Manchester

Postby Caprifan Rob » Tue May 16, 2017 11:30 am

capri_sam wrote:My car was stolen last night (Monday 15th May) from the Worsley area of Salford.

I'm absolutely gutted for you mate. Theiving :wank: ers. As you say, keep an eye out on ebay / gumtree & the like, you never know your luck.
The car is very distinctive which may help in it being spotted somewhere, you've done the right thing getting it out there quickly.
Best of luck with getting it back or at the very least a prosecution.

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 3684
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Capri stolen Manchester

Postby andyd » Tue May 16, 2017 11:37 am

Caprifan Rob wrote:
capri_sam wrote:My car was stolen last night (Monday 15th May) from the Worsley area of Salford.

I'm absolutely gutted for you mate. Theiving :wank: ers. As you say, keep an eye out on ebay / gumtree & the like, you never know your luck.
The car is very distinctive which may help in it being spotted somewhere, you've done the right thing getting it out there quickly.
Best of luck with getting it back or at the very least a prosecution.

:agree: with Rob,and hope you get it back unharmed.

Was it garaged or secured in anyway i.e, Disklok, wheel clamp or alarm etc??

:goodluck:

User avatar
pbar
Posts: 4604
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:29 pm
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.
Location: North-West

Re: Capri stolen Manchester

Postby pbar » Tue May 16, 2017 12:05 pm

Sorry to hear this.

As Andy says, please let us know how they took it, and what they did, as it will help others.

I'm not that far from you, a couple of other forum members are close by too, will alert them.

Paul G
Posts: 617
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:21 pm
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Fiesta mK2 pop plus, Skoda Octavia VRS, Rover SD1 Vitesse.
Location: High Wycombe

Re: Capri stolen Manchester

Postby Paul G » Tue May 16, 2017 12:20 pm

So sorry to hear this, theiving :wank: as someone else said.

Hope the Police find who did it and actually punish them rather than slapping their wrists. It also illustrates why ebay should clamp down on people selling old V5s and chassis plates.

I'll keep my eyes peeled on all the forums for any clues towards what has happened to it.

User avatar
Arya2.0S
Posts: 1085
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:23 pm
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Re: Capri stolen Manchester

Postby Arya2.0S » Tue May 16, 2017 1:09 pm

Sorry to hear about this. Hope you get it back and the thieving scum get testicular cancer.

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 3684
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Capri stolen Manchester

Postby andyd » Tue May 16, 2017 1:15 pm

Paul G wrote:So sorry to hear this, theiving :wank: as someone else said.

Hope the Police find who did it and actually punish them rather than slapping their wrists. It also illustrates why ebay should clamp down on people selling old V5s and chassis plates.

I'll keep my eyes peeled on all the forums for any clues towards what has happened to it.


He has a crime number and that's probably all the Police will do :banghead:

Scum pinches your property and wrecks it, you claim on your insurance and that's it! That's my experience.......COMPLETE BOLLOCKS :!:

I have put it on the XR Owners Club Forum, and hopefully the XROC Facebook page too.

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 9753
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion

Re: Capri stolen Manchester

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Tue May 16, 2017 1:42 pm

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your car, I hope you get it back unharmed.
I've posted your pictures here so they are easy for people to see.

Image
Image

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
Major_Tom
Posts: 6958
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:21 am
Car(s): Hot 2.0S
Location: Cambridge

Re: Capri stolen Manchester

Postby Major_Tom » Tue May 16, 2017 4:30 pm

capri_sam wrote:Hi all, long time no post!

My car was stolen last night (Monday 15th May)


Whaaat?! Jesus Sam mate I'm sorry to hear this, first I've heard of it. Any updates?!
My car isn't stupid.... it's MENTAL.

Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:54 pm
Car(s): 2.8 Injection 1983 weekend use. Restoring:1980 MGB GT + 1964 Honda 250 bike. Previously owned 2 Capris.

Re: Capri stolen Manchester

Postby Not_Anumber » Wed May 17, 2017 10:18 am

Im very sorry to this Sam. I do hope you get a good outcome.

MS Injection
Donator
Donator
Posts: 818
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 1:03 am
Car(s): 1985 Ford Capri 2.8 Injection Special

Re: Capri stolen Manchester

Postby MS Injection » Wed May 17, 2017 6:25 pm

I'm also really sorry to hear that Sam, and hope you get it back. As Paul posted, any info on how it went might help us be more vigilant. I'll be rooting for you on this.

Mike

atomic4
Posts: 975
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:38 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri V8 Twin turbo.
W reg black 3ltr S
Location: Melbourne Australia

Re: Capri stolen Manchester

Postby atomic4 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:55 pm

My condolences to you for your loss. I know how it feels to have a motor stolen.

Hopefully you can have a quick conclusion & get it back asap.

:goodluck:

capri_sam
Posts: 1273
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:08 am
Car(s): Cosworth BOA, big exhaust, little bitty axle, bright yellow interior. Not exactly subtle.
Location: South, Midlands, and North. :D

Re: Capri stolen Manchester

Postby capri_sam » Thu May 18, 2017 7:38 am

Hi everyone,

Cheers for the support! Got a message on Facebook last night from someone who spotted the car on Tuesday morning driving towards Ormskirk. Not much to go on but means it's probably in the Southport area.

Does anyone know if the coastal Capri club is still going? Their old site is archived... Thought they might be able to keep an ear out.

In terms of security, car was parked on the road, standard security although the steering lock was on. So not that great. Looking for tips on keeping your car secure? Don't be a Sam, get an immobiliser.


Just as an aside because I'm probably going to have to go through this with the insurers and fight my case, what would a good (non V6 shell but strengthened) car with a BOA be worth? Professionally set up emerald k6 ECU, running 201bhp at the wheels when RR'd in November. Type 9 gearbox, recovered recaro front seats and tan GL interior. Tiny bit of bubbling on the rear sill but otherwise rock solid shell, resprayed in 2010 ish, still generally very good with a scuff or two. Got through the last MOT with no advisories...
Total number of friends who have so far managed to open the passenger door first time: 1.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 3684
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Capri stolen Manchester

Postby andyd » Thu May 18, 2017 8:11 am

capri_sam wrote:Hi everyone,

Cheers for the support! Got a message on Facebook last night from someone who spotted the car on Tuesday morning driving towards Ormskirk. Not much to go on but means it's probably in the Southport area.

Does anyone know if the coastal Capri club is still going? Their old site is archived... Thought they might be able to keep an ear out.

In terms of security, car was parked on the road, standard security although the steering lock was on. So not that great. Looking for tips on keeping your car secure? Don't be a Sam, get an immobiliser.


Just as an aside because I'm probably going to have to go through this with the insurers and fight my case, what would a good (non V6 shell but strengthened) car with a BOA be worth? Professionally set up emerald k6 ECU, running 201bhp at the wheels when RR'd in November. Type 9 gearbox, recovered recaro front seats and tan GL interior. Tiny bit of bubbling on the rear sill but otherwise rock solid shell, resprayed in 2010 ish, still generally very good with a scuff or two. Got through the last MOT with no advisories...

At least it's been seen :)

The days of leaving classic cars on the road without an alarm/immobiliser or a plain wheel clamp and disklok are long gone.....
Still no excuse to have your car stolen, but make it as difficult as possible for the Ba*****s.

:goodluck:

User avatar
Major_Tom
Posts: 6958
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:21 am
Car(s): Hot 2.0S
Location: Cambridge

Re: Capri stolen Manchester

Postby Major_Tom » Thu May 18, 2017 8:17 am

Seeing it being driven is a good surprise actually.. I assumed they would be loaded into a curtain sider never to be seen again.

I suppose that means its just some opportunist in this case and not always an organised group as we get led to believe.
My car isn't stupid.... it's MENTAL.

capri_sam
Posts: 1273
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:08 am
Car(s): Cosworth BOA, big exhaust, little bitty axle, bright yellow interior. Not exactly subtle.
Location: South, Midlands, and North. :D

Re: Capri stolen Manchester

Postby capri_sam » Thu May 18, 2017 8:32 am

andyd wrote:
The days of leaving classic cars on the road without an alarm/immobiliser or a plain wheel clamp and disklok are long gone.....
Still no excuse to have your car stolen, but make it as difficult as possible for the Ba*****s.

:goodluck:


Yeah, lesson learned. It's been garaged in a secure lockup for the last few years so I never felt the need, was always at the bottom of the list. :crying:
Total number of friends who have so far managed to open the passenger door first time: 1.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 3684
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Capri stolen Manchester

Postby andyd » Thu May 18, 2017 9:51 am

capri_sam wrote:
andyd wrote:
The days of leaving classic cars on the road without an alarm/immobiliser or a plain wheel clamp and disklok are long gone.....
Still no excuse to have your car stolen, but make it as difficult as possible for the Ba*****s.

:goodluck:


Yeah, lesson learned. It's been garaged in a secure lockup for the last few years so I never felt the need, was always at the bottom of the list. :crying:

Security is often way down on many peoples lists, but until someone like yourself is on the end of a theft it is a big wake up call.....
Even disconnecting the battery will add to their time when trying to steal it.

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 3684
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Capri stolen Manchester

Postby andyd » Thu May 18, 2017 4:38 pm

Did anyone talk to you or take an interest in the car when you had the tyres fitted last week?

tejb1
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:12 pm
Car(s): none yet

Re: Capri stolen Manchester

Postby tejb1 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:18 pm

Sorry to hear that some scrote nicked it but 'at least' it's being driven not wheeled onto a low loader. Fingers crossed that it gets found and returned to you.

I get ridiculously anal with myself about putting the disklock on the steering wheel - even parked for 5 minutes whilst I pop into the shops, or locked away in the garage, I nag myself to put it on... sadly there are gits out there who will seize any opportunity.

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Admin Member for 11 years on the smaxownersclub
Location: Kent

Re: Capri stolen Manchester

Postby Jasonmarie » Thu May 18, 2017 11:59 pm

Now I was warned from a friend who works for the police that a common trick is to find a car that they want at classic car shows and stick a tracker to it under the car then they have time to watch the car and grab the car at th right time . Mk1 Escorts are very much on top of there lists .

I do hope you find it .


Return to “Rant and Rave”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests