Bluetooth that works

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Bluetooth that works

Post by Not_Anumber »

I was looking for a bluetooth kit for when I'm driving the Capri. I wanted to avoid one with an FM transmitter as Id had one of those before and just got irritated at having to move frequency to avoid conflict with radio stations in different towns. As I had a 3.5mm aux in on my stereo I went for a VTIN as I'd read good reviews.
Im impressed, it works really well, doesnt look cheap and was very easy to setup. All for less than a tenner.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162426940291? ... EBIDX%3AIT

The next step is to hardwire it in using the ignition switched live for the radio to avoid visible cables.
Chris
SmokeEm
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 14.0 1/4 mile with a 'few' bits missing

Re: Bluetooth that works

Post by SmokeEm »

my wife has one that clips on her sunvisor - cost a tenner and works perfectly. Bonus is, if she uses my car, she just unclips it and puts it in mine - battery lasts weeks on standby. Me? I'm a miserable old git so no-one rings me so I haven't got one :lol:
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Re: Bluetooth that works

Post by Major_Tom »

Be sure to get the special uprated version that enables pedestrians and motorists to hear the dial tone from halfway down the road!
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.