help for a modeller

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
-JC-
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser
2004 Mazda RX8

Re: help for a modeller

Post by -JC- »

Jasonmarie wrote:Guess what you have hit the nail on the head as I have bought some transparency printer paper and thought i would try my self and there on that listing is a picture of the stripes and laser I can copy and paste on to the computer ...

I don’t know why they don’t do laser 1/18 stickers as I have found 2.8 injection and the S model that are the water airfix type

Cheers Andrew .
Not sure what precisely transparency paper is, but you can buy waterslide transfer printer paper. I've used it before and it works really well. As mentioned above though you might need a laser printer to get it detailed enough.

*OR* you could take the decals off your actual capri? :lol:
"Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Pbar yes would love his details as it’s only the side stripe and laser badge I need , also yes I use transparency paper for large clocks but never new they did the soak in water type so may have a look .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Jasonmarie wrote:Pbar yes would love his details
No problem, will PM you later tonight :)
-JC-
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser
2004 Mazda RX8

Post by -JC- »

Jasonmarie wrote:Pbar yes would love his details as it’s only the side stripe and laser badge I need , also yes I use transparency paper for large clocks but never new they did the soak in water type so may have a look .
Yeah, I got it off ebay. You print on it, then add a few coats of lacquer, wait for it to dry, then just use it like regular waterslide transfers. Very pleased with the results; considering I'm impatient and cack handed it came out great!
"Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."