Ford Capri on Travel Channel

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 9838
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion

Ford Capri on Travel Channel

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:40 am

Hi,
I hope that everybody is well.
I saw this little ident on the Travel Channel this morning. I've posted a link here because it features a Ford Capri 2.8 (of sorts) and thought some of you may enjoy it.
https://vimeo.com/177252330

Andrew.
Last edited by Andrew 2.8i on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 3730
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Ford Capri on Travel Channel

Postby andyd » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:18 am

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi,
I hope that everybody is well.
I saw this little ident on the Travel Channel this morning. I've posted a link here because it features a Ford Capri (of sorts) and thought some of you may enjoy it.
https://vimeo.com/177252330

Andrew.

:applaud: Great

I watch Shed and Buried on that channel.

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 9838
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion

Re: Ford Capri on Travel Channel

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:32 am

andyd wrote:I watch Shed and Buried on that channel.

Hi Andy,
Yep, I love Shed and Buried! 8-) Although Henry Cole can be very slightly annoying at times.....

I saw the short film with the Capri for the first time today, although I have seen the similar one featuring the Transit loads of times.

Andrew.
Image

Caprifan Rob
Posts: 1044
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Ford Capri on Travel Channel

Postby Caprifan Rob » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:35 am

Andrew 2.8i wrote: I've posted a link here because it features a Ford Capri

Great donut, I guess Fords Do Spin :D

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 9838
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion

Re: Ford Capri on Travel Channel

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:58 am

Caprifan Rob wrote:Great donut, I guess Fords Do Spin :D

:lol:
It's lucky the rozzers in the Range Rover didn't see that!

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 3173
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Re: Ford Capri on Travel Channel

Postby Fordoholic Nick » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:57 am

Andrew 2.8i wrote:I've posted a link here because it features a Ford Capri 2.8


Brilliant Andrew :applaud:

The Capri certainly leads the way in this video. Nice one !
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 3730
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Ford Capri on Travel Channel

Postby andyd » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:24 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:I watch Shed and Buried on that channel.

Hi Andy,
Yep, I love Shed and Buried! 8-) Although Henry Cole can be very slightly annoying at times.....



Andrew.

I know what you mean Andrew, but there are alot worse on the T/V.

It's a bit depressing seeing some of the cars and motorcycles kept outside or poorly stored indoors just rotting away :(
Why keep things if you can't or won't look after them :doh: Especially when he offers them money and they give the old "I'm going to do that one".

There is a red Capri in one of the later episodes in series 2 when they go to Ireland.....They didn't get it, either too much money or he wanted to keep it iirc :headscratch:

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 9838
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion

Re: Ford Capri on Travel Channel

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:11 pm

andyd wrote:There is a red Capri in one of the later episodes in series 2 when they go to Ireland.....They didn't get it, either too much money or he wanted to keep it iirc :headscratch:

Hi Andy,
I doubt whether Sam's heart would be in it anyway. I seem to recall in an early episode Sam mentioned that the Consul Capri is the only Capri he'd ever own..... :swear: I lost a lot of respect for him the day I watched that episode! :lol:

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 9838
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion

Re: Ford Capri on Travel Channel

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:12 pm

Fordoholic Nick wrote:The Capri certainly leads the way in this video. Nice one !

Just as it does in real life, Nick! :)

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 3730
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Ford Capri on Travel Channel

Postby andyd » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:46 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:There is a red Capri in one of the later episodes in series 2 when they go to Ireland.....They didn't get it, either too much money or he wanted to keep it iirc :headscratch:

Hi Andy,
I doubt whether Sam's heart would be in it anyway. I seem to recall in an early episode Sam mentioned that the Consul Capri is the only Capri he'd ever own..... :swear: I lost a lot of respect for him the day I watched that episode! :lol:

Andrew.

I remember that well....Cornish Idiot :lol:

Think he quite liked the red one :?

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 9838
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion

Re: Ford Capri on Travel Channel

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Tue May 02, 2017 3:29 pm

andyd wrote:It's a bit depressing seeing some of the cars and motorcycles kept outside or poorly stored indoors just rotting away :(
Why keep things if you can't or won't look after them :doh: Especially when he offers them money and they give the old "I'm going to do that one".

Hi Andy,
There is a whole thread on the Retrorides forum about abandoned vehicles. It's amazing to see so many cars fall into disrepair. The reason is usually along the lines of "I'll restore it one day". Of course, that day never comes....

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 9838
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion

Re: Ford Capri on Travel Channel

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Mon May 08, 2017 2:57 pm

andyd wrote:I remember that well....Cornish Idiot :lol:

Think he quite liked the red one :?

Hi Andy,
I've just this minute watched this very episode for the first time.
It's true, SL now thinks that the Capri is "Cool" ! Henry Cole really seemed to like the car too.
In the end they bought a penny farthing with lots of bits missing. This programme seems like a good way for sellers to get rid of their old tat that wouldn't sell, so they stuck it in a shed out the way! :lol:

Andrew.
Image


Return to “Rant and Rave”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Peter-S and 14 guests