Page 1 of 1

Martin Shaw Advertising Capri

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:33 am
by pbar
This has been mentioned before, but I came across it again recently and thought it's worth another mention, as it is such a curiosity. Martin Shaw advertising the new Capri. Just so bizarre that this was three years before the Professionals -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-ZCj4T_064

Re: Martin Shaw Advertising Capri

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:00 am
by andyd
And this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLFWfRjkvps
Think I remember it :headscratch:

Re: Martin Shaw Advertising Capri

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:23 pm
by Major_Tom
:lol: :lol:

That' is hilarious!

I love how that crap "sexy music" tune is actually playing on the radio, and the wierd banter.. "my feet got all wet" "do you want a cigar?" and then turning off the main road driving through some deserted woodland in a foreign country with a total stranger and then "oh, let me look at your eye". Brilliant male fantasy stuff.. priceless find nice one!

Love the Cavalier one too... he neglects to mention that that car will be in its running in phase so he'd have to drive along like an old lady for like 1000 miles.

Re: Martin Shaw Advertising Capri

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:26 pm
by Arya2.0S
pbar wrote:This has been mentioned before, but I came across it again recently and thought it's worth another mention, as it is such a curiosity. Martin Shaw advertising the new Capri. Just so bizarre that this was three years before the Professionals -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-ZCj4T_064



11 years before i was born :xd:

Re: Martin Shaw Advertising Capri

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:40 pm
by andyd
Arya2.0S wrote:
pbar wrote:This has been mentioned before, but I came across it again recently and thought it's worth another mention, as it is such a curiosity. Martin Shaw advertising the new Capri. Just so bizarre that this was three years before the Professionals -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-ZCj4T_064



11 years before i was born :xd:

I might be older, but look what you missed :lol:

Re: Martin Shaw Advertising Capri

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:42 pm
by Arya2.0S
andyd wrote:
Arya2.0S wrote:
pbar wrote:This has been mentioned before, but I came across it again recently and thought it's worth another mention, as it is such a curiosity. Martin Shaw advertising the new Capri. Just so bizarre that this was three years before the Professionals -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-ZCj4T_064



11 years before i was born :xd:

I might be older, but look what you missed :lol:


Why does everything from that era sound like a porno? :xd:

Re: Martin Shaw Advertising Capri

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:51 pm
by andyd
A very 'Seedy' time the 70's...... :D

Re: Martin Shaw Advertising Capri

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:51 pm
by Caprifan Rob
andyd wrote:A very 'Seedy' time the 70's...... :D

:agree: It was an age when this was considered 'normal attire' :lol: ;

http://s2.dmcdn.net/JJ6RJ.jpg

Re: Martin Shaw Advertising Capri

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:46 pm
by andyd
Caprifan Rob wrote:
andyd wrote:A very 'Seedy' time the 70's...... :D

:agree: It was an age when this was considered 'normal attire' :lol: ;

http://s2.dmcdn.net/JJ6RJ.jpg

:lol:
Which one were you Rob ? :xd: :lol:

Re: Martin Shaw Advertising Capri

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:42 pm
by pbar
Caprifan Rob wrote: It was an age when this was considered 'normal attire' :lol: ;



What do you mean 'was' considered normal attire Rob, are we not supposed to dress like that then now :oops:

Re: Martin Shaw Advertising Capri

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:23 am
by Caprifan Rob
pbar wrote:
Caprifan Rob wrote: It was an age when this was considered 'normal attire' :lol: ;



What do you mean 'was' considered normal attire Rob, are we not supposed to dress like that then now :oops:

Ah, as Andy said, which one are you then ? :lol:

Re: Martin Shaw Advertising Capri

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:50 pm
by Arya2.0S
Caprifan Rob wrote:
pbar wrote:
Caprifan Rob wrote: It was an age when this was considered 'normal attire' :lol: ;



What do you mean 'was' considered normal attire Rob, are we not supposed to dress like that then now :oops:

Ah, as Andy said, which one are you then ? :lol:


Oh damn son you just got roasted! :lol:





AAaand now i have the YMCA song stuck in my head.....and so do you now. :P

Re: Martin Shaw Advertising Capri

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:47 pm
by Caprifan Rob
Arya2.0S wrote:AAaand now i have the YMCA song stuck in my head.....and so do you now. :P

Great video, 70's :cheese: at its best :lol:

Re: Martin Shaw Advertising Capri

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:52 pm
by andyd
Caprifan Rob wrote:
Arya2.0S wrote:AAaand now i have the YMCA song stuck in my head.....and so do you now. :P

Great video, 70's :cheese: at its best :lol:

It's fun to stay at the YM :sorry: I don't speak from experience either :whistle:

I see YOPA (some property selling thing), had a VP clone on their advert recently.....Maybe the 70's are gradually on the way back :woot:


From Martin Shaw to the Village People.....That's quite a sidetrack :lol:

Re: Martin Shaw Advertising Capri

Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:15 am
by pbar
Caprifan Rob wrote:
pbar wrote:
Caprifan Rob wrote: It was an age when this was considered 'normal attire' :lol: ;



What do you mean 'was' considered normal attire Rob, are we not supposed to dress like that then now :oops:

Ah, as Andy said, which one are you then ? :lol:


Depends where I'm going on that particular day :)

Re: Martin Shaw Advertising Capri

Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:17 am
by pbar
andyd wrote:
I see YOPA (some property selling thing), had a VP clone on their advert recently.


Actually Andy, I believe that a couple of those are original from back in the day (Felipe and Alex, the Indian and the army guy), and that happens to be the official current touring lineup also.

Re: Martin Shaw Advertising Capri

Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:27 am
by andyd
pbar wrote:
andyd wrote:
I see YOPA (some property selling thing), had a VP clone on their advert recently.


Actually Andy, I believe that a couple of those are original from back in the day (Felipe and Alex, the Indian and the army guy), and that happens to be the official current touring lineup also.

Really :shock: Didn't know they were still around tbh. Not the sort of music scene I followed, so no surprise there :lol:

The 'bad' music of the 70's was still far superior to todays crap......

Re: Martin Shaw Advertising Capri

Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:09 pm
by Major_Tom
andyd wrote:
Caprifan Rob wrote:
andyd wrote:A very 'Seedy' time the 70's...... :D

:agree: It was an age when this was considered 'normal attire' :lol: ;

http://s2.dmcdn.net/JJ6RJ.jpg

:lol:
Which one were you Rob ? :xd: :lol:


:lol: very good