Gorgeous cars.

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Gorgeous cars.

Post by Arya2.0S »

But i think the yellow Corvette ruined his clutch, so awkward!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4ZE5Z8Ocnk
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Gorgeous cars.

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
There are some stunning cars on that video.
There's something compulsive about watching these films of cars leaving car shows. I love 'em!

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Looks like a good meet with some great V8's and a few nice Fords......Still not a huge fan of the Skylines and BMW's though.
Arya2.0S

Post by Arya2.0S »

andyd wrote:Looks like a good meet with some great V8's and a few nice Fords......Still not a huge fan of the Skylines and BMW's though.
Oh i love Skylines! Couldnt care less about most BMW's (dont see the appeal of cars that dont have working indicators :P), but anything JDM and with street/drift cred gets my juices flowing. I'd consider swapping my Capri for an AE86 Toyota or a MK4 Supra or a Skyline, but seeing how all three are worth around 3 times as much individually that wont likely happen lol.

I'd turn them all down for a '68 Mustang Fastback or a Dodge Challenger though.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Arya2.0S wrote:
andyd wrote:Looks like a good meet with some great V8's and a few nice Fords......Still not a huge fan of the Skylines and BMW's though.
Oh i love Skylines! Couldnt care less about most BMW's (dont see the appeal of cars that dont have working indicators :P), but anything JDM and with street/drift cred gets my juices flowing. I'd consider swapping my Capri for an AE86 Toyota or a MK4 Supra or a Skyline, but seeing how all three are worth around 3 times as much individually that wont likely happen lol.

I have had several Japanese cars over the years, fast and slow and can't complain about any of them.
The high powered ones like the Imprezas and Skylines are great cars, but I think it's some owners that have put me off them.....
That said a few owners of any make of car/bike can give a bad impression :?

Defiantly an American Muscle Car fan too :D
Arya2.0S

Post by Arya2.0S »

andyd wrote:
Arya2.0S wrote:

I have had several Japanese cars over the years, fast and slow and can't complain about any of them.
The high powered ones like the Imprezas and Skylines are great cars, but I think it's some owners that have put me off them.....
That said a few owners of any make of car/bike can give a bad impression :?

Defiantly an American Muscle Car fan too :D
Ohh yeah you cant beat some old American iron. Big, slow, lazy V8's with masses of torque and that sound....oh gets my heart fluttering.

My obsession with Japanese cars is relatively new. I've always admired JDM cars but ive only taken a keen interest in them in the last 5 years or so.

I would kill for one of these for example:

Toyota Corolla Sprinter Trueno AE86. A drift legend!
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Defiantly an American Muscle Car fan too :D
Yep, I can see the appeal!
There was a '68 Charger for sale at one of the Queen Square meets last year, the seller was asking £70K for it. Obviously it was way too much money for me to afford, but once I heard it running and revving, I was straight on the internet to see how much I could sell a kidney or lung for! :)

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Arya2.0S wrote:
Ohh yeah you cant beat some old American iron. Big, slow, lazy V8's with masses of torque and that sound....oh gets my heart fluttering.

My obsession with Japanese cars is relatively new. I've always admired JDM cars but ive only taken a keen interest in them in the last 5 years or so.

I would kill for one of these for example:

Toyota Corolla Sprinter Trueno AE86. A drift legend!
Yep nice car.
Always liked the Twin Cam too https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 759018.jpg

Fast cars back in the mid 80's with a 7000/7200 rpm redline, which was a big talking point back then.....
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:Defiantly an American Muscle Car fan too :D
Yep, I can see the appeal!
There was a '68 Charger for sale at one of the Queen Square meets last year, the seller was asking £70K for it. Obviously it was way too much money for me to afford, but once I heard it running and revving, I was straight on the internet to see how much I could sell a kidney or lung for! :)

Andrew.
I would sell more than that :lol:
Great cars but serious money, probably best to buy from the states and save some £££'s as shown on Wheeler Dealers, if to be believed.....
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

andyd wrote:
Andrew 2.8i wrote: There was a '68 Charger for sale at one of the Queen Square meets last year, the seller was asking £70K, I was straight on the internet to see how much I could sell a kidney or lung for! :)

Andrew.
I would sell more than that :lol:
Great cars but serious money, probably best to buy from the states and save some £££'s as shown on Wheeler Dealers
You could always get Ed China to do the work too, I've heard he's not busy at the moment ..