Had to smile

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Had to smile

Post by Peter-S »

Although it turned out to be nothing too serious one of Mum's carers called an ambulance this afternoon as Mum banged her head and it was bleeding so I went over to see what was what. No major drama fortunately so I was talking to the ambulance guy as his colleague form filled and he remarked that I had a small cut on my head too. I explained it was from working on an old car which interested him. Once it was apparent that I had come over in a Capri and it was parked across the road I had to take him out for a look see, not at all what I had been expecting when I set off!
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Re: Had to smile

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Glad your Mum was ok Peter. Your journey over to see her must have been a tad worrying not knowing what was what as you said.
Peter-S wrote: Once it was apparent that I had come over in a Capri and it was parked across the road I had to take him out for a look see, not at all what I had been expecting when I set off!
:lol: Can always count on The Capri to raise interest and a smile even at the most unexpected times. Did you give him the full tour, including engine bay, or was he pushing his luck by popping over to see it while 'on duty' :)

What a lovely "happy ending" story Peter on both counts as glad all was ok with your Mum and glad you got to show off your great Capri too :)

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
What a lovely "happy ending" story Peter on both counts as glad all was ok with your Mum and glad you got to show off your great Capri too :)

All the best

Nick
:agree:
And an old Ford is usually a good conversation starter :)
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:Glad your Mum was ok Peter. Your journey over to see her must have been a tad worrying not knowing what was what as you said.
Peter-S wrote: Once it was apparent that I had come over in a Capri and it was parked across the road I had to take him out for a look see, not at all what I had been expecting when I set off!
:lol: Can always count on The Capri to raise interest and a smile even at the most unexpected times. Did you give him the full tour, including engine bay, or was he pushing his luck by popping over to see it while 'on duty' :)

Nick
A quickish tour Nick. I opened the door so he could look inside. Wandered around the car and chatted about a MkII he owned many years ago then he was 'back on duty'. When he first said he wanted a look I thought he was kidding but he asked again a few minutes late so obviously keen

The best bit was telling the wife when I got back home. It was an eyes to the heaven and shake of the head moment - she doesn't fully get the interest :lol:
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Peter,
Glad to hear that your Mum is OK.
It just goes to show that you can come across a Capri fan in the most unexpected situations.
Not when you're at home though, by the sound of it! :lol:

Andrew.