HVLP spray gun

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
sheff
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Re: HVLP spray gun

Post by sheff »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:[
Hi Neil,
What a superb finish, those wheels look like they are brand new.
The more photos I see of your work, the more tempted I am to buy a sprayer for myself.

Andrew.
Cheers Andrew..... Its a good tool to have and saves a fortune getting these jobs done professionally!
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

A spray gun is only as good as the person pulling the trigger but with the wheels and what you've done on the car you obviously have the knack. Some people spray a fence with Cuprinol then think they can paint a car!

Those steels will look good on the Gti, it's a pity that everyone junked them and fitted Carlos Fandango alloys back in the day. The only good alloys on a MK2 were the Pirellis or the BBS ones. Have you got the centre caps for the steels?
sheff
Donator
Donator

Post by sheff »

Paul G wrote:A spray gun is only as good as the person pulling the trigger but with the wheels and what you've done on the car you obviously have the knack. Some people spray a fence with Cuprinol then think they can paint a car!

Those steels will look good on the Gti, it's a pity that everyone junked them and fitted Carlos Fandango alloys back in the day. The only good alloys on a MK2 were the Pirellis or the BBS ones. Have you got the centre caps for the steels?

Cheers Paul, my first few attempts with the spray gun was not as successful as I got a few runs, but once you get used to how much paint to apply you can get good results.

The P slots look good on the early Mk2's, but mines a late car so it has to be BBS wheels. Its a bit like fitting Pepper pots on a 280 :lol: 2 minds about what centre caps to fit if any?? I'll probably buy some of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-VW-Re ... xyA4ZRUWxS I'll know better when the wheels are fitted.

All the best
Neil
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Hi Neil,
The more photos I see of your work, the more tempted I am to buy a sprayer for myself.

Andrew.
The ore photos I see, the more I want Neil to do all my spray work for me!! :lol:
Awesome work, fingers crossed I can do something half as good when I can finally get round to the wheels on the GL!
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
sheff
Donator
Donator

Post by sheff »

D366Y wrote:
Hi Neil,

Andrew.
The ore photos I see, the more I want Neil to do all my spray work for me!! :lol:
Awesome work, fingers crossed I can do something half as good when I can finally get round to the wheels on the GL!
Cheers Danny..... Not sure I'm up for doing a full respray yet, not unless I do one panel at a time :lol:

You got those brakes fitted yet?

All the best
Neil
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

sheff wrote:Another little job with the HVLP sprayer.

My winter wheels for the Golf
Cracking job Neil, as Andrew said, they look like brand new. Bet that golf is happy to get you as its owner, nice work. :applaud:
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

sheff wrote:
D366Y wrote:
Hi Neil,

Andrew.
Cheers Danny..... Not sure I'm up for doing a full respray yet, not unless I do one panel at a time :lol:

You got those brakes fitted yet?

All the best
Neil
Unfortunately not, not had enough time to actually sit down and do it when it isn't hammering down with rain! Love the British summertime...

As soon as I get a dry day off it is top of my list of things to do :) Can't thank you enough for those!

Cheers
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
sheff
Donator
Donator

Post by sheff »

D366Y wrote: You got those brakes fitted yet?

All the best
Neil
Unfortunately not, not had enough time to actually sit down and do it when it isn't hammering down with rain! Love the British summertime...

As soon as I get a dry day off it is top of my list of things to do :) Can't thank you enough for those!

Cheers[/quote]

Yeah the weather is very unpredictable at the moment, hopefully we'll have a good sept/oct.
Glad the brakes have gone to someone who can use them. I would have just ended up storing them forever and never needing them.
sheff
Donator
Donator

Post by sheff »

Caprifan Rob wrote:
sheff wrote:Another little job with the HVLP sprayer.

My winter wheels for the Golf
Cracking job Neil, as Andrew said, they look like brand new. Bet that golf is happy to get you as its owner, nice work. :applaud:
Thanks Rob, Its certainly getting some time and money spent on it now. Trying to work to a budget on this one though, got to keep reminding myself its just a daily driver and it doesn't need to be too good.

All the best
Neil