DO NOT SHOP WITH OPONEO!!

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

DO NOT SHOP WITH OPONEO!!

Post by Arya2.0S »

Seriously, these people are utter fucking clowns!
I ordered tyres off of them nearly a month ago now, now granted i made a mistake and ordered the wrong ones, so i had to return them. No big deal right? WRONG!

Its now nearly a MONTH later and i only just managed to get the last two tyres sent off today! These people are beyond incompetent! They dont communicate with you, they tell you they'll get back to you over the phone yet never ever do, ive had to follow up every time because they simply refuse to have the basic decency to communicate properly! Its taken at least 15+ phone calls just to get the ball rolling and get accurate information!

They tell me one thing and then do something else, they have lied to my face (promising to give me a refund as soon as they have tracking confirmation from DPD - who are also useless btw - yet now they're telling me i have to wait until the tyres arrive back in their warehouse someplace in Scandinavia or some shit!), they've expected me to know how their returns process works better than they do when it comes to repackaging the tyres for collection, which they could have clarified how things worked if they just knew how to communicate, ya know like most competant companies do!

Its an utter nightmare AND im not going to get a full refund still as they require a restocking fee after all of this!

They are beyond unable to do anything as far as after care/customer support is concerned. Just because i made one mistake and had to return something doesn't mean the process after that should be such a complete and total, drawn-out, cluster-fuck nightmare!

I'm temped to go to trading standards about these morons, this is beyond asinine at this point and i STILL dont have the tyres that i so desperately need, and cant buy the ones i actually need until i get my refund for these!

AVOID AT ALL COSTS! If this was the USA i'd be suing them about now.

:swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :banghead: :banghead:
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Re: DO NOT SHOP WITH OPONEO!!

Post by stevemarl »

Arya2.0S wrote: cluster-fuck nightmare!
:lol: :lol: :lol: That`s a cracker!

Sorry about your hassle, at least (again) you`ve plumbed the depths so others won`t have to!
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Arya2.0S wrote: promising to give me a refund as soon as they have tracking confirmation from DPD
Hi,
Sorry to hear of your experiences.
To be fair to them, their terms and conditions clearly state that a refund could take up to 14 days after they've received the final collection. Although they shouldn't have made promises they weren't going to obey.
They've got an 8.9 out of 10 rating from 2089 reviews on Trustpilot, so looking at it objectively they can't be all bad.

Andrew.
Arya2.0S

Post by Arya2.0S »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Arya2.0S wrote: promising to give me a refund as soon as they have tracking confirmation from DPD
Hi,
Sorry to hear of your experiences.
To be fair to them, their terms and conditions clearly state that a refund could take up to 14 days after they've received the final collection. Although they shouldn't have made promises they weren't going to obey.
They've got an 8.9 out of 10 rating from 2089 reviews on Trustpilot, so looking at it objectively they can't be all bad.

Andrew.
That doesn't explain the hassle I have had, and i certainly wont be leaving a positive review thats for certain!
Sure, getting the tyres from them was fine, that service was flawless (after they have your money of course), its everything after that if something goes wrong thats the problem!
And yeah i know their t&c's state 14 days blah blah blah, but they promised me on the phone they'd make an exception to expedite the process (was even told i'd receive a call from someone informing me of what they were going to do, but of course never received any such call, or have received any sort of phone calls from them period, despite being told countless times "someone will be in touch") because this has taken so long to get sorted due to mistakes or lack of care/follow up on their employees part, and now they are trying to go back on it so they're just lying toerags who dont know what their left hand is doing from their right.

Seriously ive never dealt with such a bunch of screw ups in my life, and thats saying something from the king of screw ups himself!

This could have all been avoided if they just communicated, its easy and its so simple yet even that is beyond these people's comprehension level it seems.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
If I had a pound for every time I've been told "we'll call you back"............. :lol:
Sadly, companies don't seem to like using the phone to talk to customers these days. Perhaps it's easier to lie to them by e-mail!

Andrew.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

You do certainly seem to have lots of troubles with sellers and buying stuff. No disrespect intended but do you think it might be the way you go about it at all? For example if someone gets angry and/or shouting and swearing then a positive outcome is usually very difficult to achieve.
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

My penny worth. Send them a link to this thread and advise them that you would very much like your next post to say that they had been in touch, provided a refund and reached an agreement. Remind them of the importance of reputation and it is now up to them how this plays out. :wave:
Arya2.0S

Post by Arya2.0S »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi,
If I had a pound for every time I've been told "we'll call you back"............. :lol:
Sadly, companies don't seem to like using the phone to talk to customers these days. Perhaps it's easier to lie to them by e-mail!

Andrew.
lol, that would be fine if they actually ever got back via email as well, which tbh i prefer as i hate talking to people on phones but 9 times out of 10 they never did that either and i had to contact them again first before i had any chance of a response!
pbar wrote:You do certainly seem to have lots of troubles with sellers and buying stuff. No disrespect intended but do you think it might be the way you go about it at all? For example if someone gets angry and/or shouting and swearing then a positive outcome is usually very difficult to achieve.
To be fair, my wife has been dealing with this almost exclusively, for that very reason :lol: , and shes the calmest and nicest person on this earth so thats no excuse. (no offence taken btw, i know i'm a short-fused hot head, hence why my wife has been dealing with this situation, but even she has had enough at this point!)
Plus, i mean if i had been dealing with them its not like i would have been angry from the start, ya know? Its taken a lot to get me/us this angry about something, so if i were dealing with them its more than justified at this point considering all the aggro we've had, theres only so much one can take ya know? And obviously "being nice" doesn't get you anywhere with these people either.

Besides, i'm of the opinion that they should be able to do their damned jobs competently from square one (same goes for any major business), especially since they still have all my money and i have jack all to show for it so the only one who should be kissing ass and going out of their way to be "pleasant" is them.

Yeah i made the initial screw up and ive owned up to that multiple times but that doesnt mean i deserve this level of (or lack thereof) service and hassle and arse ache just to get a refund, thats not how businesses are supposed to work in this country.

And sorry if i sound snappy to anyone about this whole thing, its not personal im just at my wits end with this whole thing and just thinking about it puts me in a rage. Honestly i haven't done this situation justice just by explaining it, its 10x worse in real life but i cant think straight enough to articulate the whole thing well enough without just typing swear words hundreds of times over, similar to Jack Nicholson in The Shining.

I'll certainly want to "redrum" these people if this goes on any longer.
Arya2.0S

Post by Arya2.0S »

Ahh, the drama continues. One of the tyres that was picked up last Tuesday for return has been sent back to me. Why? Because these Oponeo morons are too incompetent to send out TWO return labels for the TWO remaining tyres that have to go back (which they knew totally knew about), so on Tuesday the DPD driver only had one sticker. I wrapped both tyres up so they could go as one package to get around this, but low and behold it didn't work and they've sent one of them back to me.

So Oponeo cant communicate, cant do their jobs properly AND they cant count!

So, its gonna be yet ANOTHER week before this remaining tyre gets picked up again more than likely, as Oponeo take forever to contact DPD and wont continue to try and contact them if they cant get through the first time, and then however long they decide to take to come to my door to pick up the tyre, and then however that process takes to transport it back to their warehouse!

So im looking at another fortnight at least i think, maybe three weeks before i get my refund. THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR 4 WEEKS ALREADY!!!!!

I feel like i should contact trading standards or watchdog or some shit with these imbeciles.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear:
Arya2.0S

Post by Arya2.0S »

Wow...calling these people "idiots" does not express fully just how utterly, hopelessly, moronically incompetent these people are!

After sending an email to these people this morning informing them that one tyre had been brought back, i received another email after that stating they were (finally) issuing my refund, i responded to confirm that its gonna be for all 5 tyres, despite one still being in my presence due to the DPD driver bringing it back to me, and i also asked when they were going to be picking this one up.

I just received a response to that email stating:

"Dear Customer,
What do you mean by „remaining tyre”.
You informed us earlier that you gave both tyre to the courier: “I made the driver wait and I wrapped both tyres up so it could leave as one package”.
On the basis of your confirmation we have provided you with the refund."

Can we all agree these people are beyond useless at this point?

I just sent a response telling them that i had already explained all this, copied and pasted the original message i sent this morning that explained everything, and asked if they even know how emails work.

HO. LY. SHIT!
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
What a farce!
I thought I read in the T & Cs that two tyres can be returned if they were tied together?
It sound as though the fault lies with DPD and not Oponeo for this latest error, as Oponeo were clearly not aware of the returned tyre until you informed them.

Andrew.
Arya2.0S

Post by Arya2.0S »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi,
What a farce!
I thought I read in the T & Cs that two tyres can be returned if they were tied together?
It sound as though the fault lies with DPD and not Oponeo for this latest error, as Oponeo were clearly not aware of the returned tyre until you informed them.

Andrew.
Evidently, but the rest is still Oponeos fault re. the not reading emails that i sent just that same morning. Plus they knew i had two tyres remaining, so why they didn't inform DPD of this so the driver could come with two labels is beyond me.

TBH, this DPD driver who comes is utterly clueless as well.

I have left signs on my door, with HUGE black letters stating "DPD DRIVER: PLEASE KNOCK LOUDLY!!" because this guy literally knocks on the door like a mouse.
I'm not even "exaggerating" on that one, he literally knocks like a nun with brittle bone disease in a church library.
Other people, Royal Mail, Hermes and UPS and others who have delivered stuff to my door during this time period and whilst this sign was in place knocked loudly even though it read it didnt apply to them, yet this DPD guy STILL knocked like the door was made out of Japanese rice paper booby trapped with dynamite!

I need people to knock on the door like reasonable human beings because i dont own a door bell, and im usually asleep when most people call in the morning (i'm a night owl).
Usually just a flap of the mail slot would suffice, i wake very easily but this DPD driver refused to do any of that, despite there being clear instructions taped on the door.

Only reason i even had to put the sign up was because we were supposed to have something picked up from DPD (im thinking its the same driver) a while ago, way before this current tyre calamity started, and they never ever showed up.
When we queried it, the company whose product we was returning kept saying "DPD tried to collect but there was no answer", which is utter bollocks because someone is always home, be it myself or my wife and i have a feeling it was because this dude refused to actually knock on the door properly so i couldn't ever hear him!

Urgh, so yeah, pair that with Oponeos hatted cock of idiocy and you have one heck of good time!
Arya2.0S

Post by Arya2.0S »

Finally got my refund, (minus the £45 they took for themselves) a grand total of 1 month and a few days after making the initial mistake of purchasing the wrong tyre sizes.

1 month...........

One.........clitting.........MONTH!

:doh:

Glad i wasn't planning on going on any road trips or long journeys during that month.

Oh and the 5th tyre still hasn't been picked up. Yeah.