PDF Forms online

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

PDF Forms online

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi chaps?

Just wondered if anyone can help please. I am trying to order a coil ht lead from Magnecor. They have an online order form that I have to open as pdf. I can open the form but cannot enter any text on the form. Does anyone know how I get around this please ?

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: PDF Forms online

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Nick,
Fordoholic Nick wrote:They have an online order form that I have to open as pdf
I hear the police are cracking down on PDF files (say it quickly) on the internet! :sorry:

I've had a very quick look, but can't find an order form on the Magneco site, just a catalogue.

Andrew
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

One way around it Nick, would be to print the form off, fill it in then scan it back in. If you don't have as scanner then you can take a picture.

Alternatively you could open it graphics software and edit it with your info then save it.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote:I hear the police are cracking down on PDF files (say it quickly) on the internet! :sorry:
Bleedin Hell mate. Thats scary. Did not even see this ! :shock:
Andrew 2.8i wrote:I've had a very quick look, but can't find an order form on the Magneco site, just a catalogue
Andrew, along the top menu where you seen 'catalogue' there is also 'custom sets'. Click this then scroll down to the online form for 'coli lead only'

Cheers mate

Nick
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

pbar wrote:One way around it Nick, would be to print the form off, fill it in then scan it back in. If you don't have as scanner then you can take a picture.

Alternatively you could open it graphics software and edit it with your info then save it.
Hi Paul.

Thanks mate. Dont have a scanner mate so printing and taking a picture then sending it to them is a great idea. Only thing they want their order form converted to a pdf attachment when emailing back to them :? :?

Have emailed them to ask if I can just print it off, fill it in with real ink and send it to them by real post, just like you said fella. Hopefully a real world still exists :)

Thanks for your advice mate
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

If it helps Nick, you can always e-mail the pic you take to me, and I shall convert to PDF and send it back to you. Just PM me if you wish to do so.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
pbar wrote:. Only thing they want their order form converted to a pdf attachment when emailing back to them :? :?
Nick, there are free converters out there. I've used this without problems

https://docupub.com/pdfconvert/
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
-JC-
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser
2004 Mazda RX8

Post by -JC- »

Try it in a different PDF viewer or borwser. If you're viewing it in a browser try downloading the form then opening it. Printing and scanning things makes me :evil:
"Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

pbar wrote:If it helps Nick, you can always e-mail the pic you take to me, and I shall convert to PDF and send it back to you. Just PM me if you wish to do so.
Paul as ever you are very kind mate. Thanks very much for the offer. Will give it a go myself with that pdf convertor thing that Peter linked to so I might actually learn something myself ! But if I cant be doing with it I will definately take you up on your offer of help. Nice one :)
Why cant I just bleedind email it back ? What is the reason they want a pdf do you know ?

Cheers Paul !
Peter-S wrote:Nick, there are free converters out there. I've used this without problems

https://docupub.com/pdfconvert/
Hey Peter. Thank you fella. Yep as I said to Paul who kindly offered to help I will try using this to see how I get on. Presuming I need to print out the form, fill it in, take a pic of it then save it, then open up this convertor tool and select it. What do I do then ? Save it again or email it direct to Magnecor ?
Sorry to bother you guys with this !

All I want is one coil lead !! But as I am getting it made to measure they need a few measurements so always best to have it all written down than try to do it on the phone !

STOP PRESS - Just seen a message come through from Magnecor. I asked if I could send the form. Will check it now and let you know...... :drama:

Thanks guys !

All the best

Nick
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Hi chaps,

Well.... :drama: builds .... :lol: ......just had a look at the email I got from the MD of Magnecor Europe - Phil de Wit ! This is the transcript.....

"Hello Nicholas,

Yes please print the form out and fill it out and them either take a photograph of the form and send it to us as a .jpeg attachment in a reasonable reolution or post it to us as you suggested.

Kind regards

Phil de Wit

Managing Director

Magnecor Europe Limited

Email: [email protected]
http://www.magnecor.co.uk"

So I can just take a decent pic and attach this to an email, or I can use good old royal mail post and send it to them.

Paul, Peter, thanks for your advice/help. Much appreciated indeed.

All the best

Nick
-JC-
2004 Mazda RX8

Post by -JC- »

Wow, I'd just email them back and tell them to stop being so technotarded and just fix the bleeding form. I checked it out on two devices after I posted yesterday, and it is just a problem with the form - the user editable elements aren't working.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

-JC- wrote:Wow, I'd just email them back and tell them to stop being so technotarded and just fix the bleeding form. I checked it out on two devices after I posted yesterday, and it is just a problem with the form - the user editable elements aren't working.
Thanks JC. Good of you to check it out too mate. For a min I thought it was me doing something wrong but you obviously know computers and you could not use it either !

What a bleedin pain eh ! All I want to order is a 37cm Coil Lead from them :lol: but it does need a bespoke boot end at the coil !

Magnecor say all their bespoke ht lead sets have to be filled out on their 'online order guide' so if anything goes wrong with the order its written down in black and white as proof. Makes good sense but at least make the bleedin process easier :)

Tried Peters link to pdf converter and got lost ! :lol:

BUT I stuck with it and somehow stumbled around and finally got it sorted on my Samsung S5 !! I installed an app called "fill out any form" or something like that then when opened up I could select the form from a pic I saved and then it let me position a box where I wanted and add text. I even worked out how to 'tick' the boxes too :D Mind you it was a bit fiddly on the phone but an hour later it was done and looked very professional if I may say so myself :wave:

But what a long winded way to order a 37cm coil lead !

Thanks for all your helps

Cheers, Nick
-JC-
2004 Mazda RX8

Post by -JC- »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:I installed an app called "fill out any form" or something like that
Great solution! Thinking outside the box ftw! Still can't get over how backwards magnecor are though lol!