MOT Day !

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

MOT Day !

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi chaps,

As title I had MOT today. Just got back home....B112 Passed with no advisories...phew ! :xd:

Image20170316_152023 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

While we were down under the car we adjusted the handbrake cable, and I got the chance to have a good look underneath to see what me and John have done over the year, and also to see what I need to be addressing this coming year. Tell you what it don't look too bad at all so was well pleased. Amazing how much easier jobs seem to be when you can stand in a pit to do it. I want a pit for Christmas !

So a very good afternoon then after a very tiring early start at 0315am :sleepy:

MOT sorted for another year !!

All the best

Nick

PS. Could not resist taking this picture before tucking B112 into the garage...
Image20170316_162538 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: MOT Day !

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:As title I had MOT today. Just got back home....B112 Passed with no advisories...phew !
Hi Nick,
Nice one! :D
I'm not surprised though. There's no reason why a well maintained car like B112 shouldn't pass. A credit to it's owner!

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Fordoholic Nick wrote:As title I had MOT today. Just got back home....B112 Passed with no advisories...phew !
Hi Nick,
I'm not surprised though. There's no reason why a well maintained car like B112 shouldn't pass. A credit to it's owner!

Andrew.
:agree: And glad it stayed dry for you :D
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote: There's no reason why a well maintained car like B112 shouldn't pass. A credit to it's owner!
Thanks very much Andrew. Thats very kind of you fella. Its always a massive relief ! Its great to get underneath B112 in a well lit pit mate and have a good nose around. Has given me some ideas too so looking forward to the summer jobs :)

I did 1018 miles last year mate :shock: Thats the most in one year since I owned B112 ! This forum has a lot to answer to :lol:

Thanks again Andrew

Nick
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

andyd wrote:
Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Hi Nick,

Andrew.
:agree: And glad it stayed dry for you :D
Cheers Andy :)

I been was looking at the cloud formations all morning at work mate. The later it got the more menancing they got but by mot time they lost their angry look and I got away scott free ! Surely not twice in a week I was thinking... and so soon after taking an age to dry it off from Sunday :shock: :lol:

As said fella always a great relief to get the ticket. Now I can enjoy my dinner tonight !

All the best mate

Nick
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Well done on the new MOT but that would have been a foregone conclusion I would have thought!

How the hell do you get that car so shiny though, mine's going to look like a dull sack of poop next to it even though it will be mainly original paint done with a polishing mop and autoglym?

I agree about pits being useful, I've got a 6 foot deep, 3 foot wide and nine foot long one although mine is full of parts and crap at the minute!
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

I'd be surprised if it didn't pass Nick, must be one of the cleanest / best kept Capris on the forum. Enjoy the next year of :ford: motoring :applaud:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Paul G wrote:Well done on the new MOT but that would have been a foregone conclusion I would have thought
Thanks Paul. Nice one mate :)

Paul, I assume lots but presume nothing fella :lol:
Paul G wrote:How the hell do you get that car so shiny though, mine's going to look like a dull sack of poop next to it
:lol: Mate I just wax it with Autoglym Super Resin Polish and am blessed with this deep shine ! Takes an age to do it though ! Think I am just lucky it comes up with a bit of a shine to it. Paul be great to be lined up with your Capri some time. Always a pleasure to meet the cars and most importantly their owners too :)

And Paul....I am bleedin jealous as hell of you. You got a 6x3x9ft pit :mrgreen: Thats brilliant fella. I would love to get a pit like that. Must make working on the so much easier than lying underneath axle stands. Nice one !
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Freelanderfan wrote:I'd be surprised if it didn't pass Nick, must be one of the cleanest / best kept Capris on the forum. Enjoy the next year of :ford: motoring :applaud:
Thanks very much indeed Rob for your kind words. Much appreciated ! As said its always a big relief to get the ticket as these cars are getting on a bit so it really does make all the work and obsessive behaviour during the year worth it :lol:

The mot is a great chance for me to have a good look underneath too as I been going to him for years so he lets me walk around with him while he does it and always says "ok Nick I know you cant wait to go down the pit now"....with that I am down there in a flash :lol: Got some great pointers of what I want to be getting on with this summer.

Thanks again Rob and yep am really looking forward to the upcoming year. Hopefully 2017 is when we finally get to meet :D
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Paul G wrote:I agree about pits being useful, I've got a 6 foot deep, 3 foot wide and nine foot long one
At your house? Fantastic!
Fordoholic Nick wrote: Thats brilliant fella. I would love to get a pit like that.
Me too. Just think how much easier it would be to do even the simplest jobs underneath the car.
Paul G wrote:mine is full of parts and crap at the minute!
I've got a pit full of crap in the garden too............

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:

Andrew.
Me too......It's called a Septic Tank :lol:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Me too......It's called a Septic Tank :lol:
Exactly. I wouldn't want to go fishing around for any parts that might have found their way in there though.........

Andrew.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

I'm pleased for you Nick :) And, like the others, I'm not surprised, good one.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

andyd wrote:
Andrew 2.8i wrote:

Andrew.
Me too......It's called a Septic Tank :lol:
Not that kind of crap!!!!!!!!! There' s a set of 5 Sierra Ghia/XR4i wheels that i had blasted and etch primed for my kit car then changed my mind, 2 VW polo bumpers, various lengths of wood and a few large tools. All will be coming out soon!

I also have an H-beam running across the garage above the pit so it's useful in pulling out engines. The largest I ever pulled out in there was a Rover 2600 SD1 straight six engine and automatic box together. That was a heavy old lump.

The pity is that it's still a single garage and when working on a car it's one side at a time and squeezing my 20 stone bulk around the sides can be a tight fit. Need to get on a diet a bit quick!
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

pbar wrote:I'm pleased for you Nick :) And, like the others, I'm not surprised, good one.
Thank you Paul. Nice one :)
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Fordoholic Nick wrote: I had MOT today. Just got back home....B112 Passed with no advisories...phew ! :xd:
Andrew 2.8i wrote:I've got a pit full of crap in the garden too
andyd wrote:Me too......It's called a Septic Tank :lol:
Jeepers guys, I am all for threads taking a bit of a 'diversion' en route this is a hard one to take on the chin :crying: :lol:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Like these Paul? http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/HA4AAOSwn ... s-l300.jpg

If you ever decide to get rid of them, I will put them on the XROC Forum if you like :)