Ebay Ultrasonic cleaner

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Vermilion
Car(s): Ford Capri MK1 Facelift 3000GT - Now 2.8 Turbo EFI

Ebay Ultrasonic cleaner

Post by Vermilion »

I have long time wondering if those ultrasonic cleaners would make life easier
when cleaner car parts. Atleast some companies use ultrasonic cleaners to clean engine blocks
and cylinder heads, carburators and lots of mechanical items.

Does anyone have experience with those ebay models, I am thinking of buying 20l model.
I could wash 1 head at time with that size and inlet manifold should fit also to gasket.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-6-10-15-20- ... a9FgYtuhEQ

20L
Trough Size L*W*H (mm) 530*325*150

I wonder if someone here have experience about these does ultrasonic cleaner remove following
- Burned oil (oil that has been breathed to inlet manifold)
- Surface rust? (with detergent as Vinegar)
- Fuel injetors ? (Or do you need other type of ultrasonic cleaner to clean these)
- Paint (How does paint react to ultrasonic cleaner, nothing or does it wear off?)
-Rubber items (are they forbidden?, o-rings, valve stem seals, carburator gaskets etc)

What kind of cheap good detergent you could use in this process, or is it necessary to buy
those special detergents for this process.
sheff
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Re: Ebay Ultrasonic cleaner

Post by sheff »

I think you are asking too much from one of these ultrasonic tanks....
Get your self some Autoglym engine cleaner and various rotary wire brush drill attachments would be my advise. Or possibly find a firm who can clean it for you.

Fuel injectors don't clean up in ultrasonic tanks, I've tried it. Chances are they are worn out anyway and the best option would be to replace with new whilst they are still available.

All the best
Neil
Vermilion
Car(s): Ford Capri MK1 Facelift 3000GT - Now 2.8 Turbo EFI

Re: Ebay Ultrasonic cleaner

Post by Vermilion »

sheff wrote:I think you are asking too much from one of these ultrasonic tanks....
Get your self some Autoglym engine cleaner and various rotary wire brush drill attachments would be my advise. Or possibly find a firm who can clean it for you.

Fuel injectors don't clean up in ultrasonic tanks, I've tried it. Chances are they are worn out anyway and the best option would be to replace with new whilst they are still available.

All the best
Neil
I was just wondering what that machine is capable, I have 830cc/3bar fuel injectors that have been driven 10.000km.
Just wanted to know if is possible to clean them with ultrasonic cleaner.
(atleast here they use ultrasonic cleaner to service fuel injectors: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUyK-iBZ7b0)

And I am not hoping ultrasonic cleaner would remove totally mechanical cleaning. If mechanical cleaning has
cleaned 85% and 15% is left is places that are really hard to clean, that part is for ultrasonic cleaner.
Youtube is full of videos, where ultrasonic removes following, rust, paint, oil, ink, but it looks too good
to be true.