we buy any car

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: we buy any car

Post by andyd »

Paul G wrote:
Andrew 2.8i wrote:On the subject of irritating car adverts, now the rental people are getting in on the act. As if Enterprise weren't bad enough with their supposedly amusing interplay between the American and British reps, now Sixt have taken advertising annoyance to the next level. So what if you can rent a BMW for £49 a day? :roll:

Andrew.
It's probably £49 a day as there is a risk that they may break down. Both my nephews own fairly recent BMWs, one a 1 series and the other a 3 series. Both have had no end of expensive and serious trouble with them. They're not the car that they used to be or that their inflated image pretends that they are. I'll stick to my 10 year old, 100,000 mile Skoda Octavia VRS which, apart from some recent seized rear caliper trouble and a new battery, I've never had anything go wrong with it in the seven years I've owned it.
Never been a huge BMW fan, my Dad had a 55 plate 320d, I sold it as soon as he died as I couldn't get on with it.....
I prefer the E30/36 if I had to have one.

My mate loves them and has a '98' M3, '96' 328 Track Car, '95' 325 Pick up, and several E36's scattered around for breaking.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

.[/quote]
Never been a huge BMW fan, my Dad had a 55 plate 320d, I sold it as soon as he died as I couldn't get on with it.....
I prefer the E30/36 if I had to have one.

My mate loves them and has a '98' M3, '96' 328 Track Car, '95' 325 Pick up, and several E36's scattered around for breaking.[/quote]

I ve had several early BMW's through my hands, I restored a 2002 about 20 years ago, had a couple of E30's, a 316i and a 325i (flying machine) and also had an E28 M535i which was mint and I sold for £2300. Oh I wish I had a couple of them now - the 2002 went through Anglia car auctions about 18 months ago and made £9000!

These cars were proper BM's, the modern stuff the accountants have got at and it's built to a price not a standard. I think they're preferable to a French car, but only just.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:My mate loves them and has a '98' M3, '96' 328 Track Car
If I remember correctly Rob and his sons bought an E36 of some sort to use as a trackday car. It was perfect for track use, being rear wheel drive and very cheap to buy. I think they used it to rant around Llandow for a bit and even managed to sell it on for a profit!

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:My mate loves them and has a '98' M3, '96' 328 Track Car
If I remember correctly Rob and his sons bought an E36 of some sort to use as a trackday car. It was perfect for track use, being rear wheel drive and very cheap to buy. I think they used it to rant around Llandow for a bit and even managed to sell it on for a profit!

Andrew.
Yes i recall seeing a picture of their track car on here.
Steve has been to Llandow and is going again soon, after spending £££ on Carbon Fibre parts and lighter wheels etc...
1 accident and it's all gone :( Not my idea of fun but each to their own :)

He should be getting his Capri back on the road imo :doh:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Not my idea of fun but each to their own :)
He should be getting his Capri back on the road imo :doh:
Hi Andy,
I agree he should spend the pounds on the Capri, then hire a BMW for £49 a to go on a trackday!

Andrew.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: I agree he should spend the pounds on the Capri, then hire a BMW for £49 a to go on a trackday!
Now that's an idea :D I really enjoy track days, they're great fun, but for now I'll hire someone else's. The 328i we used last was starting to cost too much so it went. On the subject of BMW's, I have to agree, they've lost their way of late. I ran a used E46 323ci as a daily for 7.5 years & it never once let me down, wish I still had it, bought an E92 coupe to replace it & it was useless, cost a fortune to fix & went after 1.5 years. I'll never own another, as I can't afford new, which is the only way to go with them. My son has already had new headlights under warranty on a 3 month old car! Its fantastic to drive though, want one but it's just a dream :cry:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Caprifan Rob wrote:My son has already had new headlights under warranty on a 3 month old car!
Hi Rob,
That's a shocker! Out of curiosity, what went wrong with the headlights necessitating replacement on such a new car?
Hopefully the dealer didn't quibble over the warranty work.

Andrew.
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Caprifan Rob wrote:My son has already had new headlights under warranty on a 3 month old car!
Hi Rob,
That's a shocker! Out of curiosity, what went wrong with the headlights necessitating replacement on such a new car?
Hopefully the dealer didn't quibble over the warranty work.
They were steaming up, it was common knowledge to the dealer (a supplier issue) & there was no hassle. I hate to think what they'd charge otherwise :o
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Caprifan Rob wrote:They were steaming up
Hi Rob,
Didn't he fancy doing the time-honoured Capri trick of putting them on the radiator? :lol:

Andrew.
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Caprifan Rob wrote:They were steaming up
Hi Rob,
Didn't he fancy doing the time-honoured Capri trick of putting them on the radiator?
:D