Capri Mk1 on The Bay

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Capri Mk1 on The Bay

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
Are there some illicit substances in the water in Nuneaton?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Capri-1- ... SwmmxW4u8m

"NEEDS WINGS AND FRONT PANEL AND CAR IS READY FOR PAINT", but at least it will be "WORTH A FORTUNE WHEN DONE , BARGAIN"

Righto! :lol:

Andrew.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Re: Capri Mk1 on The Bay

Post by D366Y »

Maybe an overly optimistic salesman?? :lol:

Thing looks more like a rusty Frankenstein's monster at the moment haha
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

To be fair I was expecting worse. I've seen far worse for much much more. This is at least workable, and mostly there, unlike many you see claiming the same thing.
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

That car must have been for sale for around a year now. It started at around £8.5k. another seller with inflated ideas of what the car is worth- a "bargain", I think not.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Caprigear wrote:That car must have been for sale for around a year now. It started at around £8.5k. another seller with inflated ideas of what the car is worth- a "bargain", I think not.
:shock: £8.5k is crazy money!! Would certainly explain why it's still been around for a year!

I don't think 3k is out of the question if the bidding started at like £500 and someone really wants it but to start that high is a tad mad :lol:

Danny
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi All,
Thanks for all the replies. Yes, I've seen much worse cars for sale too, however, what annoys me about this listing are the wild claims from the seller about how little work is needed to make the car "worth a fortune". :roll:
As I don't often check Ebay for car sales, I had no idea that this one has been for sale for a while. If the seller was initially asking for £8500, I'm not surprised though. Even when fully restored, a 1600 auto is not the most desirable model, in my opinion, and that will effect it's value.

Andrew.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi All,
Thanks for all the replies. Yes, I've seen much worse cars for sale too, however, what annoys me about this listing are the wild claims from the seller about how little work is needed to make the car "worth a fortune". :roll:
As I don't often check Ebay for car sales, I had no idea that this one has been for sale for a while. If the seller was initially asking for £8500, I'm not surprised though. Even when fully restored, a 1600 auto is not the most desirable model, in my opinion, and that will effect it's value.

Andrew.
I check it quite frequently as there seem to be a few capris and it's interesting to see how much they go for and also what modifications people make to their cars, there have been all sorts on there over the years!

Couldn't agree more about the price, there is currently a lovely yellow number (link below) which isn't perfect but still in good order for £10k

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1972-MK1-Ford ... SwB-1YqHvr

This little white one also looks pretty nice and will be interesting to see if it sells and what price it achieves

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Capri-Mk ... Sw4CFYpzXd

All the best
Danny
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

I'm checking E Bay, pistonheads, carandclassic every day trying to find suitable cars for breaking. There are lots of these piles of what are basically scrap cars but the prices are too crazy to even consider.
As for "easy" restoration and "worth a fortune when finished" these people are quite simply not on this planet.
atomic4
Car(s): Ford Capri V8 Twin turbo.
W reg black 3ltr S

Post by atomic4 »

Caprigear wrote:I'm checking E Bay, pistonheads, carandclassic every day trying to find suitable cars for breaking. There are lots of these piles of what are basically scrap cars but the prices are too crazy to even consider.
As for "easy" restoration and "worth a fortune when finished" these people are quite simply not on this planet.

EXACTLY!!!! :applaud: