Hi folks. Newbie saying hello & asking for help to find my dads Capri: UHM 215 S

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
nomoregt4
Car(s): Dad owned a blue Capri 2.0 S
Reg: UHM 215 S

Hi folks. Newbie saying hello & asking for help to find my dads Capri: UHM 215 S

Post by nomoregt4 »

Afternoon folks,

Just thought I'd introduce myself as I'm a newbie to the forum. Couldn't see anywhere else to post, so thought this was the best place to say hello, so, hello :D

My dad owned a blue 2.0 S reg Capri mk II and I'm just curious to find if it's on the road, owned by an enthusiast, or tucked up in a garage somewhere.

Long story short:

Dad owned Capri from new, dad got terminally I'll in late 90's & car went into storage where he used to work, but then we had to move the car due to owners needing the space.

I remember my mum giving the car away to someone from the Surrey area and he said he was a member of a Capri club and an enthusiast of the model.

I've done a dvla check and the colour seems to have been changed from original blue to yellow, but it seems it's not been MOT'd for some time as there was no MOT record held on the history check.

The reg plate was UHM 215 S

If anyone can help and put the feelers out there Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I'll try and get some piccys up of the ol' girl when I'm home at the weekend.

Many many thanks for any help anyone can give

Cheers,

Rich
nomoregt4

Re: Hi folks. Newbie saying hello & asking for help to find my dads Capri: UHM 215 S

Post by nomoregt4 »

Maybe my post needs to be put in the wanted sanction? :oops:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Hi folks. Newbie saying hello & asking for help to find my dads Capri: UHM 215 S

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Rich,
Welcome to the forum. :welcome:
A good place to start your search would be to contact the Surrey Capri Club, as the Capri world is a small one, somebody in that area may know of the car.

Good luck with your search, I hope you are able to trace the car.

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

:welcome:
Tax last due 1/12/2013....
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

I'm a member of Surrey and going to the meeting tonight. I will ask Kris and the others if they know the car and get back to you. I haven't been a member long enough to have seen it or know who owns it.

Would really like to buy a MK2 S myself too!
nomoregt4

Post by nomoregt4 »

Many thanks for your helpful replies. Andrew, I'll have a look on the Surrey clubs website, many thanks.

And Paul G, that would be smashing if you could ask around. I'll look forward to hearing back from you. I'll do my best to get to the next meet up 8-)
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Hi "Nomore"

I went to the meeting last night and asked everyone including Kris and Calvin who are the co chairmen of the club and no one really knew of this car. They said the names of one or two people who are not regular attendees of the club who may have it or know something but they were far from sure.

I don't know where you live but it certainly would perhaps be an idea to come to the next meeting to speak to them and you most certainly would be made welcome. The next meeting is 14th March, 7pm onwards at the Shy Horse, Chessington, KT9 2NQ.

Are you thinking of buying a Capri?

I'm sorry I can't be a lot more help than that, it may be an idea to ask on Capri World on Facebook as well if you, unlike me, know how to work that!

Keep on trying, it may turn up.

Regards

Paul. :goodluck:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi Rich,

As already has been said welcome to the forum mate :)

That was very good of Paul to take the time to talk with the Surrey Capri chaps. Kris and Calvin certainly are the best guys to talk to as usually not a lot gets past them two on the Capri scene where they are based. Likewise this forum has plenty of folk who don't miss much either and we are spread throughout this great land...and further ! so hopefully between everyone you may hopefully get some news.

I can certainly put in a word over on Capri World on Facebook and see if anyone there knows of the whereabouts of your Dad's previous 2.0 S that he owned before sadly falling ill. I will do this today and wait and see if there are any responses or leads regarding UHM 215 S. Any news I will report back asap.

All the best

Nick

EDIT: I have just posted up on Capri World and waiting to see if anyone can help :)
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Pas28i
Car(s): 06 Polo 1.4s (new daily driver), mk2 Golf Gti (was my daily), and 2.8injection Special (awaiting recommissioning)

Post by Pas28i »

Hi,

You could try the Capri mk2 register;

http://www.capri2register.co.uk/

they might have a record of it, past and present cars, best of luck
nomoregt4

Post by nomoregt4 »

Guys,

Thank you all so much for your warm welcomes and replies.

Paul G; Im down in east grinstead, so not too far from Chessington. I'm not looking to buy a Capri, just interested to see if my dads car can be located and to go and see it really. But if it's for sale, who knows, I'd certainly consider buying it if it were.

Thanks for taking the time to ask around at the last meet up. I'd love to attend the next one, but think I may well be working overseas again when the next one is due.

Nick,

Thanks for doing that, I'll do my best to try to navigate around Facebook :D

I'll also have a gander on the Capri register as well.

I'll try to look through some old piccys and post them up to see if that jogs anyone's memories. :D

Thanks again guys for all your help

Rich.