Another stunning building in Kent...

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Another stunning building in Kent...

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

This beauty is right on the seafront in Deal, Kent...as title absolutely stunning !

Image20170207_112043 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20170207_112028 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

But...yep, ANOTHER bleeding knob parked up right bang in my way :banghead:

Andrew, this time I was fuming and did go and fucking scratch "move" onto his/her bonnet. Not sure which of the two standing in the entrance it belonged too cause they were very rude and just ignored me to Mrs Fordoholic Nick's amusement :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nevertheless a stunning picture of a gorgeous building I was now unfortunately told is up for sale to be ...yep...knocked down and replaced with apartments. Was told this by a Deal resident (my sister in laws husband), who says Deal could do with a Cinema so why not return this iconic building to all its glory. Very sad to see these disappearing :crying:

Sorry I usually end with "all the best" but cant bring myself this time as so upset by it all,

All the best :oops:

Nick

Disclaimer: My remark I made in the heat of the moment suggesting that I did indeed actually scratch "move" onto the bonnet was only said in jest...honest :twisted:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Another stunning building in Kent...

Post by Caprifan Rob »

A real shame if this building is lost, especially if it's replaced by a boring square apartment block :(
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Freelanderfan wrote:A real shame if this building is lost, especially if it's replaced by a boring square apartment block :(
Rob this building front was truely stunning mate. My sister in laws husband told me of the potential sale of it to be replaced by apartments. And its not even for "required housing" but more "holiday homes" methinks. Shame.....
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Freelanderfan wrote:A real shame if this building is lost, especially if it's replaced by a boring square apartment block :(
Rob this building front was truely stunning mate. My sister in laws husband told me of the potential sale of it to be replaced by apartments. And its not even for "required housing" but more "holiday homes" methinks. Shame.....
They did this in Cardiff Nick, kept the original old college facade as the entrance & built an apartment block behind it. Would work with this old building too, if they had the foresight.

http://media.rightmove.co.uk/dir/91k/90 ... 56x437.JPG