Crime and Punishment

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Crime and Punishment

Post by stevemarl »

Hello everyone. Merry Christmas to you all!!!

I`ll probably be shot down for this but anyway.... A guy goes to Wayne Rooney`s mansion equipped to burgle. Wanders around trying doors et cetera, triggers alarm, police arrive within minutes. Short chase and he`s caught, without gaining entry. Ex army with documented mental health issues (no excuse, but mitigating?) He`s got 2 years and 8 months in prison.
(N.B. - he never actually gained access, so that`s 2 years 8 months for `going equipped`.

Point 1 : in Old Trafford (the area) if you ring the police to report a prowler you`ll be lucky to get a turn out within hours, if at all.

Point 2 : If you`re actually burgled you`ll prob get a crime number at best. Fingerprints off the bathroom mirror? No chance! (personal experience)

Point 3 : the scrotes who ACTUALLY get INTO a house and steal stuff (often while on bail already for previous offences, again personal experience) even if caught will need to have comitted 40 or 50 previous offences to face jail.

Crime is crime. Rooney`s millions are no more important than a pension book and i`m just totally gobsmacked by the double standards the police and courts apply.
Rooney deserves the same protection as anyone else, no more no less. Burgling a mansion is no more serious than an old lady`s terraced flat. It`s about the effect on lives not just money.
End of rant.

(By police I don`t mean individual officers, but the system)
Oh, and apologies to anyone expecting a critique of Dostoyevsky`s work....
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Re: Crime and Punishment

Post by Peter-S »

A few years ago I was rear ended whilst stationary at traffic lights at Clapham Common. The car that hit me had been shunted from behind with sufficient force that his seat mountings broke and he was off to hospital with chest pains. The guy who caused it was on his mobile so quick after the accident that I suspect that he was on the phone when he crashed. The old bill on the scene told me has would be prosecuted for driving without due care. He was in a hire car with a fake insurance certificate. A while later when trying to sort out the insurance claim the Clapham police told me they were not prosecuting this guy as it was not in the public interest. He was of vaguely Arab appearance.
I've often wondered how I would have fared had I caused the accident in similar circumstances. Caused a four car shunt? we all make mistakes sir On the phone? no problem sir it was probably important. Falsified your insurance? never mind, simple over sight I dare say. Have a nice day.
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

Peter-S wrote: it was not in the public interest.
That covers a multitude of sins doesn`t it.
Stish704
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 injection special. Weekends only!
Sierra Sapphire- rolling restoration.
Vauxhall Movano- the company vehicle.
Vauxhall Mokka. The wife’s!

Post by Stish704 »

Does make you sick. This countries fucked. Been like it for years. Too many pussies in charge! Bring back Enoch.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Stish704 wrote:Does make you sick. This countries fucked. Been like it for years. Too many pussies in charge! Bring back Enoch.
Everyone has rights now :banghead: That along with the PC Brigade :doh:
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

This all reminds me of that story a few months back, whereby the police in Leicestershire, due to cost cutting, will only investigate burglaries to even numbered houses. What an absolutely absurd idea, and silly thing to disclose, as obviously the thieves will be targeting odd numbered houses then.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-le ... e-33788264
timfromull
Car(s): 1985 Capri Laser (project) Mitsubishi Shogun Warrior and Vauxhall Vivaro van

Post by timfromull »

I would say a pensioners pension book was MORE important than Shreks millions ...
Makes my F******G blood boil :banghead:
atomic4
Car(s): Ford Capri V8 Twin turbo.
W reg black 3ltr S

Post by atomic4 »

Stish704 wrote:Does make you sick. This countries fucked. Been like it for years. Too many pussies in charge! Bring back Enoch.

:agree:
Iwan22

Post by Iwan22 »

I have to say, having moved to the US 6 months ago, that I'm not missing the UK apart from family of course. This place is far from perfect (look who just got elected!) but I certainly feel happier here in many aspects. Discounting the weather naturally being better, I enjoy not being in a traffic jam all the time and as per this thread, the Uk is in the stone ages when it comes to dealing out fair or equal punishments. There are probably some people in the UK who have gotten less for murder than that guy got for "intent" to steal.
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

andyd wrote:
Everyone has rights now :banghead: That along with the PC Brigade :doh:
Yeah, damn those pesky "rights" that prevent people from just suddenly "disappearing" or being put away for crimes they didn't commit and or blamed for someone elses and or being persecuted for their gender, sexual preferences, or the colour of their skin.
Yeah lets regress back to an ideology we fought a world war for and hypocritically hold a minute of silence for every year and patriotically preach "we will never forget" as we wear our poppies as a sign of support, yet a minute later totally forget what rights and freedoms our ancestors died and fought for in the first place.

Yes, damn those rights indeed!

:doh: