Who Remembers?

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Paul G
Posts: 1193
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:21 pm
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Fiesta mK2 pop plus, Skoda Octavia VRS, Rover SD1 Vitesse.
Location: High Wycombe

Re: Who Remembers?

Postby Paul G » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:29 pm

Not a lot of good with my weight!

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5402
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Who Remembers?

Postby andyd » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:23 pm

pbar wrote:With this 1970's type heatwave we are having I bet some of these still remain in use. Back in the day they would have been everywhere in this nice weather. I still have a couple of the similar type single chairs :) Nice and bright 70's colours. Stay happy.

Image

Remember them well :D Along with Ambre Solaire Suntan Oil :shock:

User avatar
pbar
Posts: 5188
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:29 pm
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.
Location: North-West

Re: Who Remembers?

Postby pbar » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:42 pm

Ermmm.... Not much you can say really. But there was a time when these were the norm!

Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5402
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Who Remembers?

Postby andyd » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:38 pm

pbar wrote:Ermmm.... Not much you can say really. But there was a time when these were the norm!

Image

Y fronts :o
But the wife beaters are ok :cheers:

Paul G
Posts: 1193
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:21 pm
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Fiesta mK2 pop plus, Skoda Octavia VRS, Rover SD1 Vitesse.
Location: High Wycombe

Re: Who Remembers?

Postby Paul G » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:14 pm

Oh dear, they're a bit "pants" these days aren't they!

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1815
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Who Remembers?

Postby Jasonmarie » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:00 pm

“Think we need to get back to Sam fox not 3 men in Y Fronts “ that’s using my Tough Mans voice .

Bloody funny I think we had Y fronts and T shirts in the 7Os also what about string vests ?
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5402
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Who Remembers?

Postby andyd » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:15 pm

Jasonmarie wrote:“Think we need to get back to Sam fox not 3 men in Y Fronts “ that’s using my Tough Mans voice .

Bloody funny I think we had Y fronts and T shirts in the 7Os also what about string vests ?

How about Sam Fox in a string vest :cheers:

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1815
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Who Remembers?

Postby Jasonmarie » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:24 pm

Now there’s a thought :xd: :heart:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
pbar
Posts: 5188
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:29 pm
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.
Location: North-West

Re: Who Remembers?

Postby pbar » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:58 am

Paul G wrote:Oh dear, they're a bit "pants" these days aren't they!


Can't help but laugh at that :D

But come on, own up, who's still wearing these?!

User avatar
pbar
Posts: 5188
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:29 pm
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.
Location: North-West

Re: Who Remembers?

Postby pbar » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:35 am

This is from 1977, didn't realise they used to have take away and eat in prices. They looked liked cardboard burgers even back then :)

Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5402
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Who Remembers?

Postby andyd » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:26 am

pbar wrote:This is from 1977, didn't realise they used to have take away and eat in prices. They looked liked cardboard burgers even back then :)

Image

Quarter Pounder with Cheese 97p :o That was nearly a weeks wages in 1977 :)

Paul G
Posts: 1193
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:21 pm
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Fiesta mK2 pop plus, Skoda Octavia VRS, Rover SD1 Vitesse.
Location: High Wycombe

Re: Who Remembers?

Postby Paul G » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:49 am

When you open the box or wrapping they never seem to look anything like the pictures in their display. A big Mac is about a fiver now I think, I won't pay it, just get a savers menu double cheeseburger for £1.49.

They're all crap though, Burger King is much better.

User avatar
pbar
Posts: 5188
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:29 pm
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.
Location: North-West

Re: Who Remembers?

Postby pbar » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:07 am

Paul G wrote:Burger King is much better.


Very true that is Paul, hard to find one in my area though, but yes far better.

Caprifan Rob
Posts: 1389
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Who Remembers?

Postby Caprifan Rob » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:46 am

pbar wrote:
Paul G wrote:Burger King is much better.


Very true that is Paul, hard to find one in my area though, but yes far better.

I used to like these, apparently making a big comeback :applaud:

Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5402
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Who Remembers?

Postby andyd » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:11 pm

Caprifan Rob wrote:
pbar wrote:
Paul G wrote:Burger King is much better.


Very true that is Paul, hard to find one in my area though, but yes far better.

I used to like these, apparently making a big comeback :applaud:

Image

Been along time since I had any of these....

I'm waiting for the feminists to demand it be called Burger Queen, and Wimpy :shock: To the PC Brigade that's plain offensive :sarcasmalert:

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1815
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Who Remembers?

Postby Jasonmarie » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:37 pm

Never new mc Donald’s was around then I can remember the Wimpy in London as a kid .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5402
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Who Remembers?

Postby andyd » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:10 pm

Jasonmarie wrote:Never new mc Donald’s was around then I can remember the Wimpy in London as a kid .

I don't remember them either, only Wimpy

Good old Google :D The UK's first McDonald's opened in November 1974 in Woolwich, London

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1815
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Who Remembers?

Postby Jasonmarie » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:29 pm

Funny I asked the wife early and she said she remembers going to one with her Nan in Lewisham in the 70s I would have got that question well wrong because I thought they were a late 80s thing .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
pbar
Posts: 5188
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:29 pm
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.
Location: North-West

Re: Who Remembers?

Postby pbar » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:55 pm

andyd wrote:The UK's first McDonald's opened in November 1974


You beat me to it there Andy. I do know that 1974 was actually a very profound year, as most were in the 70's. For example as well as the first UK McDonalds, we saw the first VW Golf and it was the birth of Happy Days and the Fonz. Mud were the best selling group of the year and Tiger Feet the best selling song. All of those things became massive permanent fixtures in the UK public psyche.

Sunday, Monday, Happy Days....

Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5402
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Who Remembers?

Postby andyd » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:15 am

pbar wrote:
andyd wrote:The UK's first McDonald's opened in November 1974


You beat me to it there Andy. I do know that 1974 was actually a very profound year, as most were in the 70's. For example as well as the first UK McDonalds, we saw the first VW Golf and it was the birth of Happy Days and the Fonz. Mud were the best selling group of the year and Tiger Feet the best selling song. All of those things became massive permanent fixtures in the UK public psyche.

Sunday, Monday, Happy Days....

Image

:sorry: Paul :wave:
I had Tiger Feet on 45, and watched Happy Days too :) You seen this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kemivUKb4f4

Quo released Down Down that year too :guitar: :guitar: :cheers: