Who Remembers?

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Re: Who Remembers?

Postby pbar » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:01 pm

Those collector's cards were brilliant! They really had that something about them which just made you want them. As well as those cigarette sweets ones, you had the bubblegum ones of course, and the ones that came in packs of tea bags.

andyd
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4

Postby andyd » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:58 pm

pbar wrote:Those collector's cards were brilliant! They really had that something about them which just made you want them. As well as those cigarette sweets ones, you had the bubblegum ones of course, and the ones that came in packs of tea bags.

I have one of these too https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/pict ... -medal.jpg

pbar

Postby pbar » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:06 pm

Oh yes, I remember those :)

Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Fiesta mK2 pop plus, Skoda Octavia VRS, Robin Hood Kit car, Rover SD1 Vitesse.

Postby Paul G » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:51 pm

pbar wrote:Those collector's cards were brilliant! They really had that something about them which just made you want them. As well as those cigarette sweets ones, you had the bubblegum ones of course, and the ones that came in packs of tea bags.

My old mum's got a complete set of the PG Tips cards somewhere, I'll try and look them out. I only remember the Bazooka Joe bubblegum with the stick- on tattoos that used to come in the packet.

My memories of sweets were fruit salads and black jacks. They were 1d each. Mum used to give us sixpence now and again to get some at the local shop on the way home from school. When decimalisation came they became 1/2p each and sixpence was 2 1/2p. Went in the shop after decimalisation (15th Feb 1971 if I remember right!) and my 2 1/2 p would only buy 5 black jacks. Was really upset - 20% inflation over night. Getting ready to join the bloody EU caused that!

Doubt if prices will go down 20% when we leave it though!

Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Postby Peter-S » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:58 pm

Paul G wrote:[
My old mum's got a complete set of the PG Tips cards somewhere, I'll try and look them out.

I have a couple or three I believe - History of Aviation, Saga of Ships and a Prehistoric animals one. I'm sure they are still around. The aviation one I can remember trading cards at school with other kids a bit like Americans and baseball cards I suppose but on a smaller scale!
ImageImageImage

pbar

Postby pbar » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:10 am

Paul G wrote:
My memories of sweets were fruit salads and black jacks!

Legendary sweets those :)

Return to “Rant and Rave”