Aldi Stuff

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Aldi Stuff

Post by pbar »

Just in case anyone is interested, Aldi currently have stocks again of -

Castrol GTX 10/40 oil, only the one litre size, but at £3.99 it's still cheaper per litre than almost anywhere else.

Digital vernier caliper, around eight pounds. I got one of these previously from there, excellent.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Re: Aldi Stuff

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

pbar wrote:Just in case anyone is interested, Aldi currently have stocks again of -

Castrol GTX 10/40 oil, only the one litre size, but at £3.99 it's still cheaper per litre than almost anywhere else
Thats a very good price Paul.

I now use this in my Pinto after reading a couple of you chaps recomnending it a while ago. Very good stuff. Car is running great so will stick with good old Castrol GTX 10/40.

Good tip off fella :)

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

pbar wrote:Digital vernier caliper, around eight pounds. I got one of these previously from there, excellent.
I`ve had 2 of these for ages and they`re really good quality. Very, very useful tool; if anyone hasn`t got one, these are a cracking price!
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

pbar wrote:Digital vernier caliper, around eight pounds. I got one of these previously from there, excellent.
stevemarl wrote: I`ve had 2 of these for ages and they`re really good quality. Very, very useful tool; if anyone hasn`t got one, these are a cracking price!
Hi,
Thanks chaps, I'm going to buy one on your recommendations.

Andrew.
pbar

Post by pbar »

I don't think you'll be disappointed, £7.99 to be exact, here's a link -

https://www.aldi.co.uk/digital-caliper/ ... 0020524000
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

It may be worth mentioning that B&Q have had a range of `stubby` tools, ratchet screwdriver (with 4 bits in handle!), ratchet handle (3/8 +1/4), hammer, in a bargain basket near exits for a couple of weeks, still plenty at the TP store wednesday. Obviously not `last a lifetime` quality - but by no means rubbish & for occasional use in (literally) a tight corner they`re actually pretty decent. £2.50 each.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Good one Steve. It's amazing how often stubby tools come in handy. At that price, I might go and have a look for those.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

pbar wrote:At that price, I might go and have a look for those.
Me too ! :)

I am popping up to my local B&Q after work this afternoon so will have a look for them. Hope they have some. Very handy are these stubby tools

Yep, Nice one Steve

All the best

Nick
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

stevemarl wrote:It may be worth mentioning that B&Q have had a range of `stubby` tools, ratchet screwdriver (with 4 bits in handle!), ratchet handle (3/8 +1/4), hammer, in a bargain basket near exits for a couple of weeks
pbar wrote:Good one Steve. It's amazing how often stubby tools come in handy. At that price, I might go and have a look for those.

Hi Chaps,

Look what I bought this afternoon in my local B&Q...at £2.50 each I just could not resist ! As you said they are great for tight spots and they really do seem pretty decent quality indeed too. Thanks for the tip off Steve :)

Image20160226_191519 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

I found these for sale in the "Tools" department rather than by the exit so if you cant see them at the doors its worth a trot down to the Tools section. My B&Q must be a posh store Steve cause these were all displayed in a dedicated display unit ( made from cardboard :lol: ) and the stocks were running low, especially the ratchet.

All the best

Nick
pbar

Post by pbar »

For anyone interested, the digital calipers are now back in at the moment, still at £7.99
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

For anyone interested, I`ve had 2 of these for several years now and they`re absolutely superb, really nicely made. And they`re so useful - I can`t imagine not having one. (Although I DO still have a soft spot for my old Moore & Wright micrometer, complete with vernier....)
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

pbar wrote:It's amazing how often stubby tools come in handy.

That's what she said.

:wave: