Maplin Conductive Paint

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Maplin Conductive Paint

Post by pbar »

I would definitely recommend this stuff, it worked a treat on a rear demister broken element a little while ago (much better than those kits which seem to get mixed reviews), it's conductive paint. I used tape either side of the 'line' (element) and paint it on, only a tiny amount needed, and you can hardly see it. This will also work on circuit boards for a repair, like the back of the dials, etc. Only £9.99

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/electrically- ... 0wod9jYCyg
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Re: Maplin Conductive Paint

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

pbar wrote:I would definitely recommend this stuff, it worked a treat on a rear demister broken element a little while ago (much better than those kits which seem to get mixed reviews), it's conductive paint. I used tape either side of the 'line' (element) and paint it on, only a tiny amount needed, and you can hardly see it. This will also work on circuit boards for a repair, like the back of the dials, etc. Only £9.99
Hi Paul,

Great recommendation fella. I am sure a lot of Capri owners have rear demisters not working possibly down to broken "lines" so really good to know this stuff works a treat and not too expensive at all especially for Maplin :)

TBH I aint tried mine for about 3 years :lol: I remember the day so well. I drove up to my parents in West Yorkshire and had no choice but to park on the drive as no garage :cry: Next morning I was horrified to find a frost all over the Capri :wave: but the rear demister did the trick then so I am hoping it is still in good order...must go down and check this week ;)

All the best Paul

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Re: Maplin Conductive Paint

Post by pbar »

In this cold weather it's easy to test it, a few strong breaths onto the window will tell you if it's working or not! You can actually just feel the heat if you hold your finger on them too, that's if you have baby soft hands like mine :)