Possible future event for 50th. Just gaining any interest.

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Possible future event for 50th. Just gaining any interest.

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

Hello all,

It's a long way off but will soon come around. In 2019 The Capri Will be 50!

I have put the feelers out to venues in and around Lincoln with a view to putting on a 50th anniversary show/event. One event location is the stunning grounds of Lincoln castle, surrounded by medieval walls. There are pubs and restaurants all around and I have also contacted the council with regards to the possibility of using castle square. I am awaiting a reply but if not I have back up venues. Could be a weekend event. I will in due course contact the Red Arrows and Battle Of Britain memorial flight to request flying over if an event can be organised.

I have put some pics below of the castle and grounds to give those of you who don't know Lincoln an idea of the location. Great opportunity for photos in and around and from the tower and walls.

It's something I have thought about for a while now. Maybe we could include a charity and get some publicity for the cars and businesses that support the mark.

Just gauging interest really first. No prospective dates but during the warmer weather when it doesn't conflict with bigger ford events and other occasions. It would be great to get as many as we can together.

All types, all models, all welcome. If the opportunity arrises I'm sure I can organise other stuff on the same day.

Cheers
Mark
brooky
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.0 Laser and XR4x4i.

Re: Possible future event for 50th. Just gaining any interest.

Post by brooky »

Great idea but I suspect there may be other celebration events nearer to me which would be closer to get to,

Good luck

Mark
Last edited by brooky on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
Good on you for organising an event to mark the 50th anniversary for the Capri. I wish you every success with this.
I would love to go to your event, but your propsed location in Lincolnshire is just too far for me to go. If it was held in a more central location, I would possibly go.

All the best,
Andrew.
C4PR1
Car(s): two capris

Post by C4PR1 »

Good luck with organising the event, looks a cracking location! and would be great for people
up your neck of the woods, just to far for me to travel.
The 45th anniversary at Brooklands was just superb the best capri meeting I'd been to in years
with the highest number of capri's . I guess that they will be doing something similar for the 50th so I will be heading there.
:lowrider:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi.

As has already been said this venue you have shown us for a possible Capri 50th does indeed look beautiful. What a great setting to have an assembly of Capri's. Please keep us posted nearer the time if you do decide to try to get something organised as I would definitely be up for it if I can fit it in around my work schedule which does play havac with my weekends :(

Methinks 2019 will be a busy and very emotional year for the Capri. The Surry Capri Club I am sure will have a fantastic 50th organised to rival the 45th at Brooklands...and how stunning was that ! Great memories and met some great forum members for the first time. We are definitely going to be spoilt for choice during 2019, as no doubt all the established Classic and Ford Shows/Clubs will also be marking this very special anniversary themselves with their own special events. Just the thought of it now has me excited. Maybe I need to take a "gap year" off work so I can get to them all....I just haven't run this past the missus yet...I am sure she would understand :)

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
MattMe
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Mk3 2.8 injection
Previously owned:
Facelift Mk1 V8
Mk3 2.0 Laser
Mk3 2.8i

Post by MattMe »

I'd be up for this. Lincoln is a few hours drive for me, but I think it's a fairly central location for most of the country, although I am aware a lot of board members are from down South :gay: ;)

I've been to shows in Lincoln in the past and it most certainly is an excellent location. It's a good place to go spend a day either way.
andy a
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '69 Mk1 Capri 1300 Daily (now gone to a new owner)

73 Facelift 2000 GT long term project...

Post by andy a »

Lincoln's okay, even if Lincolnshire smells of cabbages, and that smell gets worse the further north you go :lol:

I'll be up for it if I can dust off my passport for the border checks at Sutton Bridge, the Mk1 may even make it, but then I've only been parts hunting for 7 years, so it's not a definite :ebay:
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi Mark,

I would definitely be up for this.. Looks an amazing place and some great entertainment maybe too. I didn't want to commit to this, till we heard about the Brooklands one with Kris & Calvin, they did an absolutely amazing job for the 45th, so I'm definitely going to the 50th at Brooklands with them. So, so long as the dates don't clash, count me in!!!

I'm sure they will be a few events round the Country and maybe further afield for the 50th.... I would like to get to them all.... Fingers crossed for a Euro Run maybe??? Anyhow, drifting there, look forward to hearing what / if you can get this off the ground, all the very best of luck with this, cheers for now,

John...
Fox
Car(s): Ford Capri MKIII Laser 1.6 (First car, daily driver)

I'll bring the Guinness...

Post by Fox »

Hey Mark,

My dad and I will definitely be up for this I was talking to him about it yesterday and I also have a few lads in Ireland that want to go and a big road trip at some stage and this sounds perfect... We'll definitely have the cars all nice and shiny be then I hope... I'll be coming from Meath in Ireland and according to google it's a 8 hour drive with 5 tolls, a port tunnel and a ferry to Holyhead... So be a nice test for the Capri and a nice adventure for all... I'll bring the Guinness and a tap... :beer: :cheers:

Cheers,
Fox (Jack)