Out for a spin in the Laser

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Out for a spin in the Laser

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi,

Remember that feeling you had when you were a young lad/lass out playing with your mates and when the time came to go home for your dinner you did not want too, so tried staying out for as long as you could...well I had that very same feeling this afternoon when I decided to bring the Laser out for a little run before Mrs Fordoholic Nick got home from work.....

Thought I would try to capture the moment on my Samsung S5 which I tried using as a dash cam...seemed to work I think :lol:

Anyway hope this works as first time I tried this. You need to double click the image which brings you to my Flickr where you click the "play" symbol and hopefully see the video. Its not very exciting as I had a slow car in front of me and too many bends to even think of overtaking so every so often I "dropped back" a bit to the annoyance of cars behind so In could use my right foot a bit more :lol:

Image20150816_124909 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Hope you enjoy as much as I did driving. This is the best road near me. It runs up to the M25 but is a lovely stretch of road with a fair few bends to keep it interesting. I just did not want to come home for lunch :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I did of course in the end :)

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Out for a spin in the Laser

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Nick,
It sounds like you had a brilliant day taking the Laser out for a spin. :D
Unfortunately, we can't see what you got up to because the video is set to private....
I can see that your bonnet is super shiny though!

All the best,
Andrew.
stubacca
Car(s): 1984 Ford Capri LS

Post by stubacca »

:( looks like a private video, could you change this??

I have a dash cam in my daily, amazing what poor driving you capture on a daily basis, will be buying one for the Capri once on the road to record drives like this!!
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

stubacca wrote:amazing what poor driving you capture on a daily basis
Hi,
I agree with that. If I kept all the recordings, my hard drive would be filled up within a week! :)

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Re: Out for a spin in the Laser- NOW WORKS !

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Unfortunately, we can't see what you got up to because the video is set to private....
:doh:
Hi Andrew,

I am useless with social media, but I think I have set it to "public viewing" now.

Hope it now works... :)

All the best

Nick
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

stubacca wrote::( looks like a private video, could you change this??
Hi mate,

Hopefully its working now :)

All the best

Nick
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Nick,
Yes, the video is working now. :D

However, I find that they don't play smoothly using Flickr. It would be better to upload to YouTube instead.

Great video though. Even if you are stuck behind the other car for the whole duration...

All the best,
Andrew.
stubacca
Car(s): 1984 Ford Capri LS

Post by stubacca »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
stubacca wrote::( looks like a private video, could you change this??
Hi mate,

Hopefully its working now :)

All the best

Nick
:cool: awesome mate!

Also I have to agree, that is one super shiny bonnet ;)
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi Nick,
Yes, the video is working now. :D

Great video though. Even if you are stuck behind the other car for the whole duration...

Thanks fella,

Usually I get a "good run" down this road so it was a pity I had that other motorist to contend with :) but was no way gonna be stupid enough to try overtaking on those bendy roads.

It really was a great drive though and enjoyed every minute of it...until I had to "come home" :lol:

I tried uploading to You Tube but gave up :banghead:

All the best mate

Nick
spireman
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 laser (finally back on the road). Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec (daily driver)

Post by spireman »

Love that view over the long bonnet, I have watched it three times now, with a bit of luck it won't be too long before I am looking out over my own bonnet. :D
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

stubacca wrote::cool: awesome mate!

Also I have to agree, that is one super shiny bonnet ;)
Nice one mate. Thanks.

And this was filmed on my Samsung S5 I had balanced on the dash. First attempts it fell off :lol:

With my shift work I have to grab these chances to get the Capri out especially with the lovely weather AND Mrs Fordoholic Nick out at work ;)

Mate like I said this was just one of those drives I did not want to have to come home...but the missus made a lovely roast dinner tonight so glad that I did :)

All the best

Nick
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

spireman wrote:Love that view over the long bonnet, I have watched it three times now, with a bit of luck it won't be too long before I am looking out over my own bonnet. :D
Thanks fella.

I never tire of this view either mate. Whenever I drive the Capri it feels just the same as the first ever drive :D

I was feeling a bit out if sorts this morning after a shit duty at work this week and missing a trip to Box Hill Ford Show with John yesterday, but as soon as I got out in the Laser I felt brilliant !!!

Mate good luck with getting your Capri on the road soon so you too can enjoy your bonnet with a massive :D too. Nice one.

Thanks again.

All the best

Nick
sheff
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Post by sheff »

Hi Nick,
Great little video, love the sound of that Sportex exhaust with the 2" stainless tail pipe :D

On a serious note you shouldn't use you phone when driving :lol: So get one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MVNEOYC/r ... 71_TE_item. Well worth it and you'll be able to watch hours of Capri driving when its raining outside and Mrs Fordoholic is out :D

All the best
Neil
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

sheff wrote:Hi Nick,
Great little video, love the sound of that Sportex exhaust with the 2" stainless tail pipe :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Neil.

I glad you noticed my Sportex exhaust with the 2" stainless steel tail pipe mate. I have not had a chance to mention this for a while now...:D :D :D

Neil, first thing tomorrow I will buy that dash cam you kindly sent a link to me for. Looks great and very reasonably priced too. So many times recently I have really wished I had one to "capture the moment" and a lot better than fiddling with my Samsung S5 :shock: There are so many dash cams to choose from its good to to get a recommendation. Appreciate that Neil. Nice one.

I have really made a big effort to get the Laser out as much as possible this year. My MOT guy will pass out when he sees the milage I have covered :lol:

Thanks again for that link to the dash cam mate. I will look forward to getting that now...

All the best

Nick
sheff
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Post by sheff »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Thanks again for that link to the dash cam mate. I will look forward to getting that now...

All the best

Nick
Even cheaper on :ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1080P-CAR-DVR ... 46178b7448 However I don't like to recommend anything on ebay.

You'll also need one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-Micro-M ... P1WP8E2331 which I definitely wouldn't use eBay to buy, as there's too many fakes out there!

All the best
Neil
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

sheff wrote:Even cheaper on :ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1080P-CAR-DVR ... 46178b7448 However I don't like to recommend anything on ebay.

You'll also need one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-Micro-M ... P1WP8E2331 which I definitely wouldn't use eBay to buy, as there's too many fakes out there!

All the best
Neil
Excellent Neil. Only £16.95 on ebay ! Think I will chance one of these dash cams from :ebay: I will make sure to buy one of those memory cards things too but from Amazon. Nice one :D

All the best now

Nick
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Hey Nick,

Looks like you had a nice little run out there fella... I did exactly the same today myself. Ran off a tank for fun, all round Wipsnade, the Dunstable Downs, out to Aston Clinton, where I got one of my Speed Triples from, some great B Roads just going on for ever. Give me a shout next time if you have time. Be a great laugh and stop for a Bite to eat somewhere and watch the attention that 2 Capri's get!!! Cheers Nick, all the very best,

John...

P.S The footage of you coming back from Battlesbridge was shot on Jim's S5 too... Cheers......
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Taff40ish wrote: Give me a shout next time if you have time. Be a great laugh and stop for a Bite to eat somewhere and watch the attention that 2 Capri's get!!! Cheers Nick, all the very best
Hey John,

This sounds like a proper plan fella. Yep we shall have to do this before the winter sets in...was not really intending to "stay out" for as long today but like I said once I was actually out I did not want to come home so early so stayed out "playing" just a bit longer before Siobhan called me home for lunch :lol:

John sounded like your route was much more interesting than mine. I will def give you a bell next time and we can drive some of those excellent "B" roads out your way...and stop off for a pose...ermm sorry I meant a bite to eat :D

We are driving out to Hoddeston up past Cheshunt tomorrow morning to spend a few hours by The Lea and as its a decent forecast I will bring B112 AAT along for the ride. I really am clocking up the mileage on the Laser this summer John...you will be proud of me :)

All the best mate

Nick
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Hi Nick,
Good Video your Sportex does sound really nice, I might get one for the 3i :D
Hope you cleaned off any dead flies before you put it away :lol:

ATB

Andy
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

andyd wrote:Hi Nick,
Good Video your Sportex does sound really nice, I might get one for the 3i :D
Hope you cleaned off any dead flies before you put it away :lol:

ATB

Andy
:lol:

Thanks Andy.

Yes mate your 3i would sound great with a Sportex Exhaust System with a 2" Stainless Steel Tail Pipe :) But I bet it sounds great anyway :D

Dead Flies on grill and brake dust on wheels.....always clean off before putting back in garage. I usually add another hour onto my "journeys" for this very thing mate ;)

All the best

Nick