What I did yesterday...

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
S_ully
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 (Restoration Project) & Audi A5 (Daily Driver)

What I did yesterday...

Post by S_ully »

My garage was a dusty dumping ground in where the Capri would just squeeze in, so I said right before I really begin to tackle into the Capri, the garage needs a bit of sorting out!

As my wife said it was like me getting a nursery ready for a kid!! Which is probably the best way of describing it!!

Before

During

End result (90% there)

Next up is to put a work bench down the LHS and put the Capri back in!! But after the major clear out now there is actually space all round the Capri!!
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Re: What I did yesterday...

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi mate.

WOW ! What a superb garage you got there...even got a window. That's the sort of garage I dream of owning. Mine is an en-bloc one and while its a very decent size for en-bloc its nowhere near yours. Nice one fella you doing a great job there. It will be a joy to "live" there...ermm sorry I mean work on the Capri "every so often" :lol:

Its funny you started this thread as I am about to empty mine and paint the brick wall white to brighten it up and paint the floor with that grey garage floor paint too. I will be having a clear out soon so will have a few bits up for sale here soon :)

Good luck with the rest of the garage mate

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

I agree, that`s a really nice garage, really good size too.
Fordoholic Nick wrote:paint the brick wall white to brighten it up and paint the floor with that grey garage floor paint too
It`s amazing how much difference white walls make, the whole space becomes twice as bright `cos whatever light you have is reflected off all the surfaces. I did the floor white once, that was brilliant if you dropped some tiny part, bit of a pain to keep clean though!
S_ully
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 (Restoration Project) & Audi A5 (Daily Driver)

Post by S_ully »

Cheers Nick & Steve, ya the white walls make a big difference but a nightmare to paint, :evil: it took almost 20L and that was only one coat, but couldn't justify / afford getting it plastered or anything, will give it another coat sometime, should be a lot easier!

But it's a way brighter in there and at least now it'll keep a lot of dust at bay! Going to give the floor another coat today now and that should see it nicely finished off and might start the bench as I've a lot of stuff left over from the house build that should do the job nicely!

The almost impossible challenge now is not to let stuff pile up in there again! :roll: :lol:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
I agree with the others, that's a fantastic workspace for the Capri. It looks as clean as an operating theatre! :D

Andrew.