I past my driving test on monday

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
dan the capri fan
Car(s): Black 1986 Ford Capri 1.6 Laser.
Imperial Red 1983 Ford Capri 2.0S (concors winner).
Silver 2002 Ford Mondeo 1.8 Zetec, daily driver.

I past my driving test on monday

Post by dan the capri fan »

Hi everyone you will be all glad to hear that i have a full uk driving licence. i past my practical driving test on monday the 18th of may 2015. i did it first time as well with only 4 minors out of 15 which you were aloud to get. i was really nervous before the test and during the test luckily i had a driving lesson for an hour before hand which helped. my test was at 12:28pm so a good time to take it but it was pouring with rain. my test only lasted 30 mins they usually last 40 mins max i had a guy examiner and i had to do parallel parking as my manoeuvre. im just glad 9 months and 30 lessons of learning to drive have paid off eventually. thanks to my mum and nan who paid for most of my lessons and both theory and practical tests. now were going to try and sort out some insurance for me on the capri so hopefully i see a lot of you's at the shows in the future. on monday evening me, mum and a mate of mine all went out for a nice curry and a few drinks to celebrate. :D
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Re: I past my driving test on monday

Post by Peter-S »

Well done Dan. Just remember to be sensible when you get behind the wheel on your own, too easy to make a silly mistake. Apart from that, go enjoy the open roads!
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
sheff
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Post by sheff »

Congratulations Dan :D That's great news look forward to seeing you at a few shows in the future.
Drive that Capri carefully especially in the wet!

All the best
Neil
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Hi Dan,
Congratulations :D
Hope you can get Insurance sorted Ok that's always the worst part....

ATB

Andy
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Well done Dan :D
Big Mike
Donator
Donator
Car(s): No Capri at the moment but will bounce back one day!

Post by Big Mike »

Great news Dan! Well done :woot:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Nice one Dan. Congratulations fella ! All your hard work paid off. As already said mate safe driving...especially the next week or two while you get used to how long the bonnet is :lol:

I hope you will still let your mum get behind the wheel every so often after all the driving around she has done for you. I bet she will miss driving it as much. She will have to get used to being a passenger in your Capri now :lol:

Well done again Dan.

All the best now

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Dan,
Well done, a pass with only 4 minor faults, what a great performance on the day!
I look forward to seeing you around at some more shows, now you can make your own way there.

All the best,
Andrew.
80s kid
Car(s): Ford 2.0s auto daily driver

Post by 80s kid »

dan the capri fan wrote:Hi everyone you will be all glad to hear that i have a full uk driving licence. i past my practical driving test on monday the 18th of may 2015. i did it first time as well with only 4 minors out of 15 which you were aloud to get. i was really nervous before the test and during the test luckily i had a driving lesson for an hour before hand which helped. my test was at 12:28pm so a good time to take it but it was pouring with rain. my test only lasted 30 mins they usually last 40 mins max i had a guy examiner and i had to do parallel parking as my manoeuvre. im just glad 9 months and 30 lessons of learning to drive have paid off eventually. thanks to my mum and nan who paid for most of my lessons and both theory and practical tests. now were going to try and sort out some insurance for me on the capri so hopefully i see a lot of you's at the shows in the future. on monday evening me, mum and a mate of mine all went out for a nice curry and a few drinks to celebrate. :D
Thanks for the warning mate I'll keep off the road haha :)

Congratulations on passing, when I get my capri up and running we will have to go for a ride mate.
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi Dan,

Congratulations mate!!! :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

Well done indeed. Well, far be it from me not to pass on some worth while advice as a few others already have. So I hope you weren't driving your Capri when you went out for your meal and a few drinks!!! Just not worth it, as I feel positive you already know.....

You kept that quite when we had a chat up at the Capri Day the other week, can't say I blame you though!!! Hope to see you again under your own Steam Dan, keep it shinny side up mate,

John....
fordperv
Car(s): too many

Post by fordperv »

Congratulations, just remember you will carry on learning how to drive for a good while after passing your test, good luck and stay safe
atomic4
Car(s): Ford Capri V8 Twin turbo.
W reg black 3ltr S

Post by atomic4 »

Top lad Dan. Hope you enjoy many years of happy motoring mate. :cool:
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

fordperv wrote:...just remember you will carry on learning how to drive for a good while after passing your test...
That's a very good point that is, it can take many thousands of miles before you come across all of the situations which are waiting for you on the roads.
Terra-Kotta
Car(s): Pinto/crossflow guru.

Post by Terra-Kotta »

Is it me. Or is everyone coming across a bit "concerned" ??
timfromull
Car(s): 1985 Capri Laser (project) Mitsubishi Shogun Warrior and Vauxhall Vivaro van

Post by timfromull »

Bit be-lated Dan, but well done mate......... I'm chuffed for ya.
I hope mum's not going to be booted out of the driving seat though......maybe she'll get her own Capri to compliment yours on the driveway? :goodluck: