cyclist

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
SmokeEm
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 14.0 1/4 mile with a 'few' bits missing

Re: cyclist

Post by SmokeEm »

Shoot the LOT of em! That is all! :python:
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:...lycra-clad terrorists.
SmokeEm wrote:Shoot the LOT of em
With what's been happening recently are comments like these really necessary?
SmokeEm
Donator
Donator

Post by SmokeEm »

Oh come on.... This site is and has ALWAYS been about the banter. It will never be changed to suit the politics of the current world situation. :roll: :sarcasmalert:
pbar

Post by pbar »

Goodness me.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

I bet Raleigh Chopper Riders don't ride that way :whistle:
Last edited by andyd on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Yeah come on its a Capri forum not a senstivity campaign group. Cool your boots.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
pbar

Post by pbar »

I think it's inappropriate to mention of terrorists and shooting, at this time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

As its been mentioned directly to admin by one or two people , we will acknowledge the concern regarding terrorism but our view is that nothing malicious has been intended by any remarks made.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi All,
I apologise if any of my comments have caused offence.
Although it is not my intention to offend anyone, it is clear that the description of cyclists was made in jest.

Andrew.
Last edited by Andrew 2.8i on Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
capri_sam
Car(s): Cosworth BOA, big exhaust, little bitty axle, bright yellow interior. Not exactly subtle.

Post by capri_sam »

Oh go on, I'll have a tiny wee wade in then as a cyclist (who stopped cycling in London after 5 years due to a series of non-fault accidents) and (recently reinstated) capri driver. I also drive professionally for work.

I do think there needs to be some kind of fee for bike users. BUT since it obviously can't be based on emissions, or material cost of manufacture, or weight (as these are all basically zero), i think there should be a one off payment on the original sale price of bikes. Say 5%.

This money, unlike the vehicle licence, which has nothing to do with roads and just goes into the big slush pot, should be put towards dedicated cycle projects to keep cyclists separated from cars. In most cases, this will probably mean narrowing roads in city centres. On the other hand, it'll mean more people feel (and are) safe cycling so there will be less car traffoc using that road.

A test? Again, good idea. But it should be dirt cheap and relatively easy. Basic steering, braking and safety covered in a day for £30, so more people will actually do it, and to get more people cycling, which means less traffic for people who actually need to drive.

Insurance? Probably a good idea. Partly because a lot of bikes get stolen anyway, partly because it'll give redress when cyclists do cause damage and rapidly piss off. Will it ever happen though? No. The other two, maybe, but not insurance. It's too hard to police. Having said that, i have it voluntarily.

Here's the thing though. Even with all of the above, there will always be drivers who hate cyclists and act like arseholes around them regardless. Taxi drivers who pull over into cycle lanes in rush hour to drop off fares. Bus drivers who pull out without indicating to get out in front of bikes, only to stop again 30 seconds down the road. Audis.

And there will always be arsehole cyclists. Twats on fixies with their headphones on jumping lights in city centres, and old boys in their 50s who think the world owes them a favour on the B-roads.

And they'll never, ever get on. Because people are arseholes.
Total number of friends who have so far managed to open the passenger door first time: 1.
SmokeEm
Donator
Donator

Post by SmokeEm »

A very considered approach Sam, well versed. 8-)

You are right of course - There will always be arseholes, just the same as there will always be the 'Sheep' (Idiot's who's lives are so simple, they are happy to believe the bullshit fed to us from above) :roll:
pbar

Post by pbar »

SmokeEm wrote:...there will always be the 'Sheep' (Idiot's who's lives are so simple, they are happy to believe the bullshit fed to us from above) :roll:
There is truth to that yes. It does also work the other way though, people/sheep who disbelieve or go against everything just for the sake of it. There is a conspiracy theory for everything, a lot fabricated just to make excitement, to alleviate boredom :roll:
SmokeEm
Donator
Donator

Post by SmokeEm »

pbar wrote:
SmokeEm wrote:...there will always be the 'Sheep' (Idiot's who's lives are so simple, they are happy to believe the bullshit fed to us from above) :roll:
There is truth to that yes. It does also work the other way though, people/sheep who disbelieve or go against everything just for the sake of it. There is a conspiracy theory for everything, a lot fabricated just to make excitement, to alleviate boredom :roll:
Deffo agree with that! I have a 'Friend' on FB that is EXACTLY how you describe. :banghead:
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

I know it`s not practical, due to precedence, but I really think there *should* be a plate of some kind on bikes, so if they do run into someone on the pavement they can`t just piss off without a trace. What do you do if one tries to squeeze up your inside in a queue, touches your door causing maybe £100s of damage - you`ve absolutely NO recourse, even with video. Doesn`t seem right.
-JC-
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser
2004 Mazda RX8

Post by -JC- »

yeah, great post Sam, especially this bit:
capri_sam wrote:Taxi drivers who pull over into cycle lanes in rush hour to drop off fares. Bus drivers who pull out without indicating to get out in front of bikes, only to stop again 30 seconds down the road. Audis.
Those f***ers are literally the worst.
"Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi All,
My mother once had her front wing damaged by cyclist who hit it whilst squeezing through a tight gap in stationary traffic. The cyclist rode off without a care in the world. Thanks.

Andrew.
pbar

Post by pbar »

It's not nice. I've had cars do that also, to me. Seems worse as you know that they have to stop, they should stop, it's the law. But plenty don't. According to the police 'it happens all the time that'.
pbar

Post by pbar »

SmokeEm wrote:
Deffo agree with that! I have a 'Friend' on FB that is EXACTLY how you describe. :banghead:
Thanks, I know people like that also.
blitzy
Car(s): project blitz ex 1.6 laser fitting 2.0 uprated suspention with caprisport GTR brakes

Post by blitzy »

1st I hate Cyclists I see fare to many of them riding with due care, riding on the wrong side of the road
FAILING to give way where give way signs are I have even seen them fail to stop at a stop sign and ride right out in front of HGVs.
Then there are the ones who have no lights, no high viz ETC.
Believe it or not My cousin was take to court and ended up with 3 points a fine and a £2000 legal advice bill because a cyclist went in to the back of this stationary truck (as in waiting a red lights) his insurance had to pay the cyclist £3000 compensation go figure that one out Personally I would have inserted his fuck bike up his Arse side ways.

However I also got told by our local police that in the 90s a bloke got done for (ready?) Drink cycling and another cyclists home insurance had to pay out when they rode in to someone on the foot path, so I guess you could say if they have home insurance they have bike insurance.
But No personally I have no time for them.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

I don't hold human life in very high regard. I don't see why we are so special. All animals kill, a lot of mammals keep their prey alive and torture it, for fun. We all come from the earth, and will return to it. I am prepared to die. I love life and I have accepted my mortality. The earth will be here far longer than human ideals. My body will be eaten by worms, the worms will be eaten by birds, the birds will be eaten by cats.. It just does not matter who says or does anything. Especially on a Capri forum on the internet. Embrace it. Be free.

Are we really serious, that admin has been informed that some little letters on a screen are inciting terrorism or murder?

That is pretty much the most pathetic thing I've ever read. Those victims, do you really think they would want a Capri forum they don't give a shit about to change in any way? Have we acquiesced to the whole point of why terrorists do what they do? Are we mediating our speech because of an event?

If so, dear sirs and ladies, we are not living. We are destroying the beautiful freedom of our souls and our brief time in this dimension because we have mediated our expression due to an idea.

Do you see how damaging to our spirit this can be? Live your life and and love all you can. It's all you have in the world. Be who you are and never, NEVER, compromise for the sake of others. If you want to go and murder someone, do it. All creatures do. All matter remains the same in the universe. If you want to love someone, like we here all try and do, do it. Your life means nothing without purity. Some men will be beasts. Be thankful we are in the majority that are trying to be good.

And live in the real world more than the internet.. FFS.. you'll be dead soon.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.