Dumped caravan?

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
blitzy
Car(s): project blitz ex 1.6 laser fitting 2.0 uprated suspention with caprisport GTR brakes

Dumped caravan?

Post by blitzy »

Ok here is a funny one got to my work this morning to my dad asking me how much I wasted on that thing.
with him pointing to a caravan ATM I have a small one but have no need for much else and i turn around to see something about 20" long Parked right next to mine.
I figured it the laboures thinking cheeky git!
Turns out not it is Also not the landlords Also not anyone from the building firm we share the front space with?

So As far as I am concerned the items has been dumped it looks to be in bloody good nick

However as the area is now officially an industrial zone so under H&S crap it just us who rent the site who can go in- even the landlord should not walk around in it.

so what can I do can I claim it as dumped and claim ownership?
can I have it removed because ATM it is taking up space that is for our business and the
business of those we share with and we a re both unhappy about it.
Noel
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i

Re: Dumped caravan?

Post by Noel »

I would check with the old Bill that it hasn't been reported as stolen.
If it is, then they will recover it (I guess?).

If its not reported stolen, then it's effectively fly-tipped, and yours to deal with as appropriate.
MS Injection
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Ford Capri 2.8 Injection Special

Post by MS Injection »

It's quite a long time since I studied the law of property, but I believe the position to be that upon finding a abandoned goods (chattels), it is as good as yours unless and until somebody with a better claim in law to it comes along looking for it back.

In other words, being in possession of something is akin to owning it. But if somebody can demonstrate that they legally own it (e.g. purchase receipt, holiday snaps showing the caravan etc, any variety of ways) then that trumps you.

You would of course be sensible to check with the police as suggested. Despite the above, I would be wary of, say, investing time and money in it (assuming it is not reported lost or stolen) because after all that it may be taken back at any time by the person who has a better claim to owning it.
blitzy
Car(s): project blitz ex 1.6 laser fitting 2.0 uprated suspention with caprisport GTR brakes

Post by blitzy »

Well, As far as I am concerned its a £1000 per day storage so its 3 days so far.
nigecapri
Car(s): Black 2.0S with supercharged bike carbs.

Post by nigecapri »

Dies it have a hitch lock fitted? Probably someone just needs a place to store it for a few days so be wary of doing anything with / to it. I doubt you'd be able to make a charge without having signs up about parking fees - might be an idea to put a notice on it so if the owner visits they'll know you want it shifted!
blitzy

Post by blitzy »

Right well we found out who owns it.
a guy who rents a unit in the same area.
Now he has no rights to park his caravan their at all it turns out
But today i arrived at my unit parked up where i must park For H&S reason-remember it is a industrial unit classified by the council.
we went out did our work and returned to the caravan nearly falling on my SUV
the Twat had taken his wheels off for new tires and put it on axle stands!
and left it on the dolly wheel.

He didn't lower the 4 legs down and the axle stand clearly gave I was parked 3 feet away from the thing and return to it being inches from my truck.

Basically not only did he put it where he had NO anything to put it, it was also left in an unsafe state on an industrial site.

And before anyone goes on about my car should have been else where I cannot be
It has to be where it is for safety and access reason.

the real shit is the guy only had to come over to us and have a chat and it would have been no real issue.
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

Doesn't sound like anything that a gallon of petrol and a match can't sort
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Stop arson about :D
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

pbar wrote:Stop arson about :D
:lol: Great pun!

Andrew.