45th Anniversary of the Capri @ Brooklands - Update

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: 45th Anniversary of the Capri @ Brooklands - Update

Post by andyd »

Hi Nick,
I will hopefully be at Simply Ford Beaulieu May 3rd and hopefully Classic Ford Santa Pod in 2015.

Don't mind the travelling but its a long day if you don't share the driving and I don't want anyone else driving my car :lol:

Fair play Andrew that's some trip I feel ashamed now :oops:
Although I was at Tredegar House Car Show Newport last Sunday
had a lot of positive comments on my Capri.
Really good show shame it was the last one there.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Although I was at Tredegar House Car Show Newport last Sunday
Hi Andy,

I didn't go to that one. It was too far to travel! :)

Brooklands is a long way to go, but I feel that the event will be worth the trip. It's not just about the cars though. I'm looking forward to meeting up with some of the guys from the forum.
Fordoholic Nick wrote:All this talk of mileage is making me dizzy...I mean I have to travel all the way from North London ! I shall be exhausted I can tell you....And John has a journey just as long as mine too, bet he will be exhausted too
Nick,
That's some journey! Are you going to Brooklands just for the day, or have you arranged overnight accommodation somewhere? Hope you're not too exhausted to enjoy the day! ;)

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Nick,
Love your new avatar by the way. The car's looking great, can't wait to see it!

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

peers.dupp wrote:That's some journey! Are you going to Brooklands just for the day, or have you arranged overnight accommodation somewhere? Hope you're not too exhausted to enjoy the day! ;)
:agree:

Andrew,

Yes I think I shall take your advice and stay overnight in South Mimms services. Its a very long drive for me to get there...about 21mins...so may leave tomorrow night and stay over before meeting John sat morning :lol: :lol:

Reckon I should be ok to drive from there to the meet point with you...that's another 30mins or so. I will bring a flask of coffee and sandwiches for the long journey...you don't know how easy you got it coming from Wales :lol:

I spent the day cleaning capri today. Its about as ready as it can be now.....thanks for your comment on my avatar...I used the same place you did for yours, very good !

All the best now

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

peers.dupp wrote:Nick,
Love your new avatar by the way. The car's looking great, can't wait to see it!

Andrew.
Andrew,

I am getting nervous now. This will be the first time that I shown my capri to people so knowledgeable. Pics can flatter a bit, but I hope you guys like it. Its not perfect but I happy enough for now. Still got a long list of jobs I want doing. In fact I just got a new alternator and fan belt from Martin at Caprigear but I will fit it after brooklands now. No time as I am working tomorrow till late and had it delivered to a mates :)

Cant wait to see both yours and Johns 2.8 injections...and to hear the fantastic sound they make :D

Until Sat then,

All the best

Nick
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
I'm sure I had something pencilled into my diary for tomorrow, but can't remember for the life of me what it was..................

Only joking!
I've just checked the weather and it looks like it's going to be overcast with a chance of drizzle or sunny periods (they've covered every outcome there!). Never mind, as long as it's not going to pour down I'm sure we'll have a fantastic day.

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:I am getting nervous now. This will be the first time that I shown my capri to people so knowledgeable.
Nick,
Don't worry, you're mind will be put as rest as soon as you see mine in the flesh!
I really look forward to seeing your car and John's, and Neil's, and all the others.
Fordoholic Nick wrote:Still got a long list of jobs I want doing.
Haven't we all! and the list seems to get longer by the day.

Andrew.
2litreScapri
Car(s): 1983 2.0S - Daily Driver

Post by 2litreScapri »

Yep, I wouldn't worry about the condition of your car, the fact that you'll come down for the day is enough! Anyway, at least one of the organisers cars (mine0 is original, unrestored & not looking that great so don't be worried!
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Hi all,

Well this is it. The eve of Brooklands 45th ! And as Andrew very kindly pointed out it looks like the weather could be ok after all...fingers crossed !

John hope you don't mind me posting up details of our meet up you very kindly organised.

Just to let some of you know a couple of us are meeting up en route to Brooklands. I am meeting with John (taff40ish) at South Mimms services at about 0800 to hopefully have a coffee before leaving at 0830. Then we head off anti clockwise on M25 to meet up with Andrew (peers.dupp) at aprox 0900-0915 next to the Gibtel Lodge and Café. The directions for this meet are below thanks to John for sorting this.
Taff40ish wrote:if you come off the M4 (Heading towards London of course.) at junction 5, the Honda roundabout, down to the Roundabout and take the 3rd exit, signed Colnbrook, Hounslow, the A4, follow this in the left hand lane past the BP garage on the left then into the middle lane to go straight on, keeping to the A4, do not go to the right, keep straight on (Signed Heathrow, Hounslow & Poyle.) just after the branch to the right and on your right is a big truck park, right next to the Gibtel lodge & Cafe.
So anyway anyone fancy it be great to get a few capris lined up en route !

John, just to confirm mate we are meeting at 0800 at the far end of South Mimms services by the petrol station near exit ? If you wanna change time I fine with that but this gives us time for a coffee.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the show. Now whilst I will not be able to tell who some of you are I (and Andrew and John) will be wearing our forum tshirts so if you spot any of us please say hello rather than turn away and walk the other direction :lol:

All the best now

Nick
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

2litreScapri wrote:Yep, I wouldn't worry about the condition of your car, the fact that you'll come down for the day is enough! Anyway, at least one of the organisers cars (mine0 is original, unrestored & not looking that great so don't be worried!
Thanks mate. Hope to see you tomorrow at the show. Be great to see your Capri. I have heard there might be a few there :lol:

All the best

Nick
ThatGuy
Car(s): 1986 2.0 laser

Post by ThatGuy »

Don't worry kris mine looks worse than your :) am quite excited now ti see a shit load if capris and meet anyone from here, as I said before its not hard to spot me look for the 22 year old with a massive beard :)
Ratty as fuck
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi all,

Yep, as Nick says, I'll be heading for this meeting at South Mimms for around 8am, with Nick and anyone else who will be there, to convoy on down to the second meet-up point. Looking forward to this, just hope I have time to give the car a quick clean for it.....

The weather will be great I recon.... We should have perhaps thought a bit more and posted a new thread about where we're meeting up, we might have got the Cafe open then??? Doh!!! :doh: next time....

See you all soon, cheers,

John.....
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Taff40ish wrote: We should have perhaps thought a bit more and posted a new thread about where we're meeting up, we might have got the Cafe open then??? Doh!!! :doh: next time....
Thats a very good point john. Maybe some guys will havr seen this thread and kept an eye out. We shall see tomorrow i suppose !

See you tomorro then fella

All the best

Nick
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,

I think that anyone on this forum who is planning on going to Brooklands would have read this thread anyway. Therefore, anyone who is intending to join the convoy would have said something by now. Three Capris driving together will be a spectacular sight.

Andrew.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Looks to be a great day out this, can't make this one but wish I could. Good luck to all who are going, I'll be there for the next one..
Looking forward to seeing the pictures though, it's going to be a pretty special event, Enjoy !
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

peers.dupp wrote: Three Capris driving together will be a spectacular sight.
:agree:

One is great, Two is fantastic...but three is spectacular :D
Freelanderfan wrote:Looks to be a great day out this, can't make this one but wish I could. Good luck to all who are going, I'll be there for the next one..
Looking forward to seeing the pictures though, it's going to be a pretty special event, Enjoy !
Shame you cant make it mate. Hope to see you at another show next year. Definitely gonna get to more shows in 2015.

All the best

Nick