There's some evil scum out there.

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
80s kid
Posts: 1271
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:11 pm
Car(s): Ford 2.0s auto daily driver

There's some evil scum out there.

Postby 80s kid » Fri May 16, 2014 4:37 pm

I'm a self employed delivery driver and was in London today delivering a bedroom. So the woman accuses me of taking money out her purse which started at 70 quid. She didnt want to call the police but I did cuz I was innocent, she flew off the handle when i told her they were coming. Anyway the cops took mine and my mates statements etc. I said can I have her bag and my money from my wallet dusted for prints, they said we would have to be arrested for that.

So my choices were get arrested, have my van impounded, pay for it to be released, night in the cells which means losing work tomorrow etc or pay her off to shut her up as the copper said.

Next hour I spent arguing saying if I pay her then she has won but on the other hand it will cost me more than 50 quid (the amount changed, she found a 20 in her bag) to get my van back and in wages etc.

Eventually I paid up but made sure he wrote in his statement I only paid to shut her up so I could carry on my job and we were innocent.

Fucking love this country... Not!

ThatGuy
Posts: 451
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:41 am
Car(s): 1986 2.0 laser
Location: Surrey

Re: There's some evil scum out there.

Postby ThatGuy » Fri May 16, 2014 5:04 pm

That's the problem with alot of people in this world, they think everyone owes them something. Especially hard working people that are more than happy just to get on with their job earn money and live their lives.
Sucks to hear it man but like you said what more could you have done other than get arrested just to get justice on some scummy fuck.
Ratty as fuck

80s kid
Posts: 1271
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:11 pm
Car(s): Ford 2.0s auto daily driver

Re: There's some evil scum out there.

Postby 80s kid » Fri May 16, 2014 5:07 pm

I wouldn't mind but the scatty mare left her bank letter on the bed for all to see and she weren't short of a few quid.

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11362
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion

Re: There's some evil scum out there.

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Fri May 16, 2014 5:15 pm

Hi,
Sorry to hear about that, what a nightmare.
The woman probably spent the money and forgot or put it somewhere else instead, and immediately accused you because she was in a panic.
Perhaps the woman is so loaded because she pulls this scam everytime someone comes to her house. ;)

Andrew.
Image

80s kid
Posts: 1271
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:11 pm
Car(s): Ford 2.0s auto daily driver

Re: There's some evil scum out there.

Postby 80s kid » Fri May 16, 2014 5:22 pm

peers.dupp wrote:Hi,
Sorry to hear about that, what a nightmare.
The woman probably spent the money and forgot or put it somewhere else instead, and immediately accused you because she was in a panic.
Perhaps the woman is so loaded because she pulls this scam everytime someone comes to her house. ;)

Andrew.


Wouldn't surprise me mate. I bet she is making a living out of it. She went mental when I called the cops

User avatar
Hot_Protein
Donator
Donator
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:11 pm
Car(s): I have a rusty shell. Made some patches. Now the welding.
Location: Devon

Re: There's some evil scum out there.

Postby Hot_Protein » Fri May 16, 2014 5:41 pm

If she has money lets kidnap her and ask for a ransom. £50 might be a good place to start. I'm sorry mate that does sound pretty harsh.

80s kid
Posts: 1271
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:11 pm
Car(s): Ford 2.0s auto daily driver

Re: There's some evil scum out there.

Postby 80s kid » Fri May 16, 2014 5:46 pm

Hot_Protein wrote:If she has money lets kidnap her and ask for a ransom. £50 might be a good place to start. I'm sorry mate that does sound pretty harsh.


I hope she has gone for a meal out with it and chokes on her food

retroman81
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:21 am
Car(s): 1985 2.8i Special (Project)
Location: West Midlands

Re: There's some evil scum out there.

Postby retroman81 » Fri May 16, 2014 6:11 pm

Sorry to hear about your crap day mate, unfortunately there are some horrible people out there.

c.turff
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:02 am
Car(s): Ford capri mk3 1,6 laser. Daily driver ( LPG converted )
Location: Northampton
Contact:

Re: There's some evil scum out there.

Postby c.turff » Fri May 16, 2014 7:45 pm

I would have taken the arrest them sued for loss of earnings. Teach her A lesson. Maybe she would stop scamming then.

User avatar
rich_jc
Donator
Donator
Posts: 5090
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:27 pm
Car(s): Signal Orange 1980 (W) 2.0 ("s" spec) 5 speed
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Contact:

Re: There's some evil scum out there.

Postby rich_jc » Fri May 16, 2014 8:05 pm

Wow, you got proper played there fella. I think the lesson to be learned is don't carry cash, and don't go into customer's bedrooms!

Rich

80s kid
Posts: 1271
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:11 pm
Car(s): Ford 2.0s auto daily driver

Re: There's some evil scum out there.

Postby 80s kid » Fri May 16, 2014 8:21 pm

rich_jc wrote:Wow, you got proper played there fella. I think the lesson to be learned is don't carry cash, and don't go into customer's bedrooms!

Rich


I deliver bedroom furniture mate i dont have much choice there lol

User avatar
rich_jc
Donator
Donator
Posts: 5090
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:27 pm
Car(s): Signal Orange 1980 (W) 2.0 ("s" spec) 5 speed
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Contact:

Re: There's some evil scum out there.

Postby rich_jc » Fri May 16, 2014 8:31 pm

Well learning from this mate, you should probably make sure all your customers are present in their room when you are, explaining this situation to them if needs be.

There are some real scammers out there. Cleverest I heard from back in the day was the old break down scam. Before mobiles, a scammer would "break down" outside someones house. After spending a while with the bonnet up scratching their head, they would knock on the nearest door, and ask to use the phone to make a quick call to a mate.

Phone call gets made "Brian, it's me, I'm broken down at <wherever>, can you come and help?" 2 minute phone call, tops. 15 mins later, Brian arrives, fixes car, all drive off.

Problem is, "Brian's" phone number wasn't any old number, it was a premium rate phone number which they had set up at £silly per minute.

And the cleverest part, the phone owner gave permission for the person to use the phone, so legally a very grey area to get any come-uppance.

Keep your eyes peeled fella, they're all out there.

Rich

80s kid
Posts: 1271
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:11 pm
Car(s): Ford 2.0s auto daily driver

Re: There's some evil scum out there.

Postby 80s kid » Fri May 16, 2014 8:58 pm

rich_jc wrote:Well learning from this mate, you should probably make sure all your customers are present in their room when you are, explaining this situation to them if needs be.

There are some real scammers out there. Cleverest I heard from back in the day was the old break down scam. Before mobiles, a scammer would "break down" outside someones house. After spending a while with the bonnet up scratching their head, they would knock on the nearest door, and ask to use the phone to make a quick call to a mate.

Phone call gets made "Brian, it's me, I'm broken down at <wherever>, can you come and help?" 2 minute phone call, tops. 15 mins later, Brian arrives, fixes car, all drive off.

Problem is, "Brian's" phone number wasn't any old number, it was a premium rate phone number which they had set up at £silly per minute.

And the cleverest part, the phone owner gave permission for the person to use the phone, so legally a very grey area to get any come-uppance.

Keep your eyes peeled fella, they're all out there.

Rich


Theres some people about. Even the bloody kray twins would of had the decency to blackmail me properly for my money unlike this scummy bint.

I might start one of those phone scams i have to make regular calls for the customer :-).

c.turff
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:02 am
Car(s): Ford capri mk3 1,6 laser. Daily driver ( LPG converted )
Location: Northampton
Contact:

Re: There's some evil scum out there.

Postby c.turff » Sat May 17, 2014 1:11 pm

Thinking of making a premium number for all the sales people to ring up.

User avatar
rich_jc
Donator
Donator
Posts: 5090
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:27 pm
Car(s): Signal Orange 1980 (W) 2.0 ("s" spec) 5 speed
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Contact:

Re: There's some evil scum out there.

Postby rich_jc » Sat May 17, 2014 3:35 pm

There was a guy on the radio a while back who had done this. All perfectly legal, I think you just have to say at the start of the call that it is a premium number.

He didn't make a fortune out of it, but his cold calls soon died down after a year or so.

Rich

80s kid
Posts: 1271
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:11 pm
Car(s): Ford 2.0s auto daily driver

Re: There's some evil scum out there.

Postby 80s kid » Sun May 18, 2014 8:14 am

You no the worlds going bad when your seriously looking at buying a couple of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VR1500-Body-W ... 338b3f5a05

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11362
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion

Re: There's some evil scum out there.

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Sun May 18, 2014 8:24 am

80s kid wrote:You no the worlds going bad when your seriously looking at buying a couple of these

Good god, things have to be bad to consider wearing that everytime you go near a customer or their house! :shock:

Andrew.
Image

Sean007
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:26 am
Car(s): Ford capri 1.6 laser 1986
Ford capri 2.8i 1986
Ford capri 2.0s 5spd 1985
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: There's some evil scum out there.

Postby Sean007 » Sun May 18, 2014 8:42 am

Should of told her to fuck off, done your job then just drive off, she wasn't that bothered if she didn't call the cops herself...

User avatar
rshyndy
Posts: 612
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:19 pm
Car(s): Ford Escort XR3i MK5a, Lexus is200se
Ford Capri 2.0 laser MK3 resto project

Re: There's some evil scum out there.

Postby rshyndy » Sun May 18, 2014 10:52 am

First thing, ring my boss and tell them the situation,
Second tell her to ring the police and make a complaint and il sit in my van on her driveway till they turn up, let them nick me and the sue for everything possible.
Third, tell her to go fuck herself and drive off
Certainly not PAY HER!!!
50quid, in her bedroom and u didn't even get laid...... U got had mate. Ha.

I don't like parting with my hard earned at the best of times. Let alone handing over 50quid to u stuck up bint like that.
Learn from this mate coz that's just the tip of the iceberg. Iv learnt that EVERYONE is out there to scam you until proved otherwise.

Like people that bring there car in for repair then complain about scratches and damage to panels.6months of back and forth on the phone and eventually they get a respray

Some people jus got more balls than others
I KNOW MY CAR IS OLDER THAN ME......WHATS YOUR POINT???
ImageImage

80s kid
Posts: 1271
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:11 pm
Car(s): Ford 2.0s auto daily driver

Re: There's some evil scum out there.

Postby 80s kid » Sun May 18, 2014 1:18 pm

peers.dupp wrote:
80s kid wrote:You no the worlds going bad when your seriously looking at buying a couple of these

Good god, things have to be bad to consider wearing that everytime you go near a customer or their house! :shock:

Andrew.


This time it was 50 quid and ok I see now I should of gone with my gut and said come on we are goin down the station but she is paying all my expenses when I'm found innocent. But we now live in a world where sexual allegations are thrown about. That's a lot harder to cover yourself with. At least with these its all on record