Anyone been for a ride out today?

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
80s kid
Car(s): Ford 2.0s auto daily driver

Anyone been for a ride out today?

Post by 80s kid »

Hello

As the title asks, has anyone been out in their capri today?

How far did you go, did anything happen? Any problems arise? Or was it a nice trip out and about?

Or have you done any work on your capri this weekend? If so then what's been done
Ghia15
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1981 3.0 Ghia (Restoration Project), 1982 2.0's (Long term project), 1993 BMW E34 520i, 1999 Volvo V70 (Sold to the Parents)

Re: Anyone been for a ride out today?

Post by Ghia15 »

Not done much on the car today but did get it fired up and it was a little smokey during the warm up but smelt awesome.

Going to take it for a spin later as love driving it.
dan the capri fan
Car(s): Black 1986 Ford Capri 1.6 Laser.
Imperial Red 1983 Ford Capri 2.0S (concors winner).
Silver 2002 Ford Mondeo 1.8 Zetec, daily driver.

Post by dan the capri fan »

Ghia15 wrote:Not done much on the car today but did get it fired up and it was a little smokey during the warm up but smelt awesome.

Going to take it for a spin later as love driving it.
which one the 3.0 ghia because i love that car and it sounds awesome with a twin cherry bomb exhaust. :D
Ghia15
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1981 3.0 Ghia (Restoration Project), 1982 2.0's (Long term project), 1993 BMW E34 520i, 1999 Volvo V70 (Sold to the Parents)

Post by Ghia15 »

Yeah, gota love the V6 on cherry bombs screaming around some country lanes.

Best is in tunnels and in highly built up areas as the echo's are awesome.
Big Mike
Donator
Donator
Car(s): No Capri at the moment but will bounce back one day!

Post by Big Mike »

I'm proper gutted cos I've spent all winter giving my entire interior a total refurb, I got the dash back in last Monday night with the intention of getting my fresh-from-the-re trimmers seats bolted in this weekend so I can get her MOT'd and taxed for the 1st April - only I went and 'clicked' my back at work on Tuesday, ending up on the floor on all fours unable to move and have been housebound ever since following a short ambulance ride to my local A&E :doh:

Looking at this weather out of the window is driving me crazy, go enjoy it ya jammy so and so's cos I don't half wish I could!!

Mike.
nigecapri
Car(s): Black 2.0S with supercharged bike carbs.

Post by nigecapri »

Just got back in - see Ferrari post.
80s kid

Post by 80s kid »

Big Mike wrote:I'm proper gutted cos I've spent all winter giving my entire interior a total refurb, I got the dash back in last Monday night with the intention of getting my fresh-from-the-re trimmers seats bolted in this weekend so I can get her MOT'd and taxed for the 1st April - only I went and 'clicked' my back at work on Tuesday, ending up on the floor on all fours unable to move and have been housebound ever since following a short ambulance ride to my local A&E :doh:

Looking at this weather out of the window is driving me crazy, go enjoy it ya jammy so and so's cos I don't half wish I could!!

Mike.
Sorry to hear that mate I hope you make a quick recovery.

It's cold and peeing down where I am
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
I've just got back in from a short blast. Great weather, and the car is going like a dream. Happy days!
Big Mike wrote:I'm proper gutted cos I've spent all winter giving my entire interior a total refurb, I got the dash back in last Monday night with the intention of getting my fresh-from-the-re trimmers seats bolted in this weekend so I can get her MOT'd and taxed for the 1st April - only I went and 'clicked' my back at work on Tuesday, ending up on the floor on all fours unable to move and have been housebound ever since following a short ambulance ride to my local A&E :doh:

Mike.
Sorry to hear that Mike, I hope you get better soon. Sorry to say you're missing out on some fantastic weather!

All the best,
Andrew.
80s kid

Post by 80s kid »

peers.dupp wrote:Hi,
I've just got back in from a short blast. Great weather, and the car is going like a dream. Happy days!

Mike.
Sorry to hear that Mike, I hope you get better soon. Sorry to say you're missing out on some fantastic weather!

All the best,
Andrew.
Glad you got a car that's running like a dream and nice weather to mate lol. Exact opposite to me
-JC-
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser
2004 Mazda RX8

Post by -JC- »

Only drove it round the block to test out the new brakes I put on over the weekend :cool:
"Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."
80s kid

Post by 80s kid »

took mine out for a quick run today to see if the leak had been sorted. everything seemed ok just need to get the tca's done soon and the handling will be fine.

nearly pooed meself when i hit some loose stones on a bend.
rigden439
Car(s): Ford Capri 3.0 Ghia Auto 1977 (rolling restoration)

Post by rigden439 »

Took my 3.0 from Leicester to Hinckley to visit my mum in hospital. Good excuse when weather so good. Ran really well, got proper warmed up and even came home via the M69 with all the reps and lorries!
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
I've been at work all day. Came home, pouring with rain.
No Capri for me today. :(
All the best,
Andrew.
80s kid

Post by 80s kid »

peers.dupp wrote:Hi,
I've been at work all day. Came home, pouring with rain.
No Capri for me today. :(
All the best,
Andrew.
you had nice weather yesterday and ow its swapped with my area lol.

dont you go out in the rain? i quite like it wet cuz the back end slowly comes out on big roundabouts.

only when safe to do so mind.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
80s kid wrote:dont you go out in the rain?
No, I have to spend too much time cleaning the car afterwards! :)
Andrew.
80s kid

Post by 80s kid »

Lovely ride out today. Temp gauge stayed at just below half way. No leaks or anything. 18 mile to my mrs house down the m6 then through wendsbury and Tipton so a nice mix of driving.

Went to Asda and had kids looking at it lol, waiting for me to start it up and give it a rev.

That's probably the best ride I have in it so far :)
Terra-Kotta
Car(s): Pinto/crossflow guru.

Post by Terra-Kotta »

I've had a few rides in old fords over the years.
Big Mike
Donator
Donator
Car(s): No Capri at the moment but will bounce back one day!

Post by Big Mike »

80s kid wrote:Lovely ride out today. Temp gauge stayed at just below half way. No leaks or anything. 18 mile to my mrs house down the m6 then through wendsbury and Tipton so a nice mix of driving.

Went to Asda and had kids looking at it lol, waiting for me to start it up and give it a rev.

That's probably the best ride I have in it so far :)
That's good news - I'm sure it will all come together in the end :) I got my interior fitted and finished this weekend so it's MOT time this week and hopefully on the road next weekend - we should have a meet up! :drive:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Big Mike wrote:I got my interior fitted and finished this weekend so it's MOT time this week and hopefully on the road next weekend - we should have a meet up! :drive:
Hi Mike,
Glad to see your back is better now! :)
Hope your MOT goes well, mine flew through with no advisories! :guitar:
I'm looking forward to seeing pics of your refurbed interior. 8-)
All the best,
Andrew.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

peers.dupp wrote: Hope your MOT goes well, mine flew through with no advisories!
It always makes me chuckle when I see that Andrew. No disrespect intended, none at all, but it simply passed. There isn't a grading of flying through, sailed through, breezed through, etc. It just passes :) It's like they don't totally fail, super fail, mega fail, or whatever, they just fail!