I did it, I bought my first capri

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Prior84
Car(s): Mk3 1.6 laser (daily driver)
Beat up LR discovery mk1 (well used offroad)

I did it, I bought my first capri

Post by Prior84 »

Just got home from buying my first capri, 1.6 laser. Already racked up a ton of miles as im up north and I bought it from just outside the m25. I must say im shocked at how quick it is, didnt think id be up to much but im pleasantly surprised

Just need to sort the bodywork and ill be a very happy bunny, now where did I put me welder
Craigorypeck
Car(s): Mk III Capri- 2.0 YB cossie lump with eaton blower on bike carbs. Problem... its 4000 miles away.
MK1 resto- 2.3 Turbo or Charger, both probably
Chevy Cobalt

Re: I did it, I bought my first capri

Post by Craigorypeck »

well done, but you need to put up pics! and get a resto thread started.. :drive:
:spam:
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Congratulations, good luck and well done!

As for the "bit of bodywork, where's my welder" bit... just make sure you allot 300% more time to any job you undertake before you start. You will find this mysteriously makes every projection more accurate for a Capri.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Prior84

Post by Prior84 »

Pics to follow in the light of day as it took too long to get home.

And I know exactly what you mean about time, took me 3 months to sort my landy for the road, hence getting the capri, im hoping to be able to keep at least one running at any one time (you can only hope)
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Prior84 wrote:And I know exactly what you mean about time, took me 3 months to sort my landy for the road, hence getting the capri, im hoping to be able to keep at least one running at any one time (you can only hope)
Whoa if you've got a Landy then I apologise, they take even longer.. twice as many panels and things that leak oil!
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Adlen85
Car(s): Black Capri 2.0S

Post by Adlen85 »

Major_Tom wrote:Whoa if you've got a Landy then I apologise, they take even longer.. twice as many panels and things that leak oil!
Don't say that! I've got one coming in late June, I wanted the ballache to be a surprise :lol:
Prior84

Post by Prior84 »

Adlen85 wrote:
Major_Tom wrote:Whoa if you've got a Landy then I apologise, they take even longer.. twice as many panels and things that leak oil!
Don't say that! I've got one coming in late June, I wanted the ballache to be a surprise :lol:
:lol: well its a well known fact that if a landy doesnt leak its out of oil :D and itll still be a supprise as you just cant believe how dumb LR were to mount ali ontop of steel, that plus salty road water means they dont last 2 min in our winters, well not until you strip em n do it properly

Disco's rust, or at least a small part of it :lmao:

Last edited by Prior84 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Prior84

Post by Prior84 »

And here's the new purchace, think I might call it Harry.... what you think :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by Prior84 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpikeCapri
Car(s): Ford Capri X-Pack 1987

Post by SpikeCapri »

Land Rovers and Capris. They do seem to go together well. You'll never guess what my other car is :lol:
nigecapri
Car(s): Black 2.0S with supercharged bike carbs.

Post by nigecapri »

I had a Landy too a few years back
2 1/4 Petrol.

I sold it before the head went and the clutch needed replacing and a hundred other jobs but it was a fun old bus and did us well for countless fishing & shooting trips.
I've had a 2.8 lwb Pajero for five years now, a bit more comfort & mpg & speed.
Last edited by nigecapri on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prior84

Post by Prior84 »

nigecapri wrote:You photos aren't showing up on my machine :!:
Try getting the image up on your screen then copying the web address url into your post (Edit button in top right of your post) between the Img tags - square bracket, url, your piccy adress, square bracket, forard slash , square bracket.
Done exactly that mate, I blame your machine as its fine on mine :lol: but really I dont know why its not working on yours, took me ages to get a waybof doing it on my tablet as the wife has the laptopnfor work, will take a shufty on that tonight but heres the links if ya wanna look

http://db.tt/yBEz9X8X
http://db.tt/SXzwLEuX

EDIT! Dont know what going on but think I have fixed it if the picks work its all good
Last edited by Prior84 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dan the capri fan
Car(s): Black 1986 Ford Capri 1.6 Laser.
Imperial Red 1983 Ford Capri 2.0S (concors winner).
Silver 2002 Ford Mondeo 1.8 Zetec, daily driver.

Post by dan the capri fan »

nice im getting deja vu seeing them pics :D
mooneyj

Post by mooneyj »

Nice one

Were you on wessington way earlier today. If you were i seen you. It looked fairly good, A few weekends of cleaning and tidying will make it look one very clean motor indeed.

What needs doing???
Prior84

Post by Prior84 »

I was indeed mate, taking the kids out in daddy's new car to show me granda the car, he lives in hylton castle.

Its got crash damage to front offside corner and looks to have most of the common rust areas but its a rolling project so aint too bothered, just been told my bro knows someone who would love to clean my car :? Hes a detailer and gets a kick out of it and mines soo bad he would have a field day, cheers bro ;) but might end up with a lovely looking paint job for not much as its a good advert for him

Oh and im finding more and more jobs each time I drive it, top on the list is lighting, I cant see dash and my headlights point straight down :shock: was quite interesting coming home the near 300 miles after buying it!!
mooneyj

Post by mooneyj »

getting a detailer to clay and machine polish the car will be worth every single penny.

Capri dash lights are always crap. If your planning on using it lots then you can take the covers off the inside which make them brighter or can put led's in if you really want it bright.

Taking the clocks out is a pain if you dont know how so if you need a hand give me a shout.

as for headlights it could be a few things but if i was you i would drop out all the lights and check and clean all the earths and connections then adjust them up, it will give you a chance to look at the headlight bowl for rust while your on.