Spotted - Capris in St Helens

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
SpikeCapri
Car(s): Ford Capri X-Pack 1987

Spotted - Capris in St Helens

Post by SpikeCapri »

In the past week I have spotted a burgundy mk3, a white 1.6 laser, a white 2.0s, and a mineral blue laser, all in St Helens. Any owners on here?
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Re: Spotted - Capris in St Helens

Post by stevemarl »

that`s more than I`ve seen in the last 5 years !!!
SpikeCapri

Post by SpikeCapri »

I was shocked myself.
DaveB
Car(s): 1983 Ford Capri 2.8i daily driver at the moment because I've just sold my transit connect.
It was that or the Capri.

Post by DaveB »

Hey man, I'm in St Helens. Only had my Capri about 3 months and only discovered this forum yesterday!! but I saw a guy with a white Capri in S decals, told me it was a originally a laser though and was planning to turn it into a green Del Boy replica! Apart from that the only other I've seen is a 2.8i looking sad sat on a drive in Haydock, I dont think it's moved in the 2 years i've been driving past it.
zakumwest
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.8i 1986 restoration project, Landrover Discovery Daily driver

Post by zakumwest »

Iv'e got a black 2.8i next door in widnes, I had to jump start a very sad looking 3ltr on Halfrauds car park the other week
Lyons
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8i 4spd Caspian Blue over Silver with pepperpots or the daily driver - a ford transit!

Post by Lyons »

I've got a 2.8 non spesh... I know you (the op) you live in newton, I work for Helena and remember a number if years ago quizzing you and your mrs about your Capri lol

Mine is identical to that poor languishing cappa in haydock... Good to know there's a few of us knocking around, I know of a red one (poss a 2.8) who works in sutton, seen that white 2.0s, is it the same one with a newly painted rear quarter? There's also a grey one in moss bank, with window leuvers and all the spotlights etc, a black one lives on Ellison drive too, as you can see I get about with work so always spot capris knocking around, never wen I'm actually driving mine tho lol
Mark, from St Helens - Lancashire, drive a 2.8i - 4 on the floor!

DaveB
Car(s): 1983 Ford Capri 2.8i daily driver at the moment because I've just sold my transit connect.

Post by DaveB »

You saying about that Red 1 just reminded me, I saw a red 1 outside town tyres the place by the roundabout going into cinema car park. Mines a black 2.8i used to be silver but prvious owner did a not so great respray on it, when I'm back at work I want to invest in getting it back looking original. Its great to know theres a few of us local. I didn't notice the rear quarter, it did have the offside front bumper missing.
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

I took a photo of mine parked next to a black Aston Martin by that new cinema and ice rink in Widnes
http://instagram.com/p/dcXKrbqyhJ/#
Lyons
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8i 4spd Caspian Blue over Silver with pepperpots or the daily driver - a ford transit!

Post by Lyons »

Hmmm now there's a dilema, cappa or Aston? Lol

Yea it's supriseing how many there's are... Where abouts in St. Helens are you?

I'm off the road at the mo, having some cold start issues, hoping to resolve them tonight when I change me fuel filter and clean out the cold start valve etc...

stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

TBH, based purely on aesthetics, I`d take the Capri....
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

:agree:

Im off the road too! as of an hour or 2 ago when I snapped something. Its the part you on the block you fasten the expansion tank hose to. Ive put a pic on here just hope i can find the part!
Im just off elton head road near the boars head pub, where abouts are you?
Oh and :goodluck: with yours!
Lyons
Donator
Donator

Post by Lyons »

I'm in sutton, near the red lion... Can't beat a boozer for a location reference haha...

Tbh these last 8-10 weeks I've had newt but hell, first the axle packed up, then I've had these starting issues, and me zorst manifold is cracked again, where it joins the back section... Easily fixed by my mate who used to run Urban Racing (now BCS automotive) just gotta get it running right first :shock:

Hopefully that'll be Tonight when av stripped the buggerin cold start valve off, cleaned it and changed me fool filter lol :doh:

Btw I'm a member of North West Casual Classics, run to a few local shows an stuff, I'll give u a heads up in the new year when things pick up again.... :applaud:

DaveB

Post by DaveB »

Haha! You can't mate, your not far away at all then! That sounds great, I'd like to go to a few meets.

Could do with finding a good garage myself for MOTs and repairs past my capabilities, does your mate do all that? my last few MOTs have all been at different garages for my van.

That sounds like a nightmare! Harsh on the wallet :doh: You can't stay mad for long when you step back and look at them though can yer! This Forum is pretty awesome for advice, sounds like you know what your doin anyway!!
Lyons
Donator
Donator

Post by Lyons »

I take mine to Mikes Autos on sand wash ind est in rainford, a massive pain in the arse getting there and back but he's the guy I always go to.

DaveB

Post by DaveB »

Cheers! It's only due in august anyway!
How did you get on with your starting issues?
Lyons
Donator
Donator

Post by Lyons »

Oh mate, don't ask...

Wudnt start at first so sitting in the drivers seat I stuck me foot outta the door to push it outta the garage, got me foot trapped and smashed the door into the garage wall... Really smashed it... :wank:

Anywaaaayyyy...

Removed the warm up regulator, which was well clogged up with shite... Started and ran pretty much straight after, the test will be tomora when I get home from work, I'll see if it starts and runs from cold and go from there... Then sort the door out :?

DaveB

Post by DaveB »

:doh: Shit! Is it badly damaged? I posted on here the other day how I create 2 more problems while fixing 1. My birds away this weekend so I'm gonna try and a few jobs sorted.
Good luck man!
Lyons
Donator
Donator

Post by Lyons »

Yea it's cracked the paint and bent the edge of the door, I've bashed it out with my rubber mallet, it'll do for now cos it still won't run :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

DaveB

Post by DaveB »

Oh bugger! Hope you get it sorted. Took mine out for a spin today only to Speke and back. Seems to be running hot. Before I flushed coolant it ran with the temp needle sat in middle of guage now it's at 3/4. Think I'll try a new sender, and then a new rad when I can afford it.
SpikeCapri

Post by SpikeCapri »

Bloody hell. Just looking through the forum after a long break from my Capri shaped garden gnome and came across this thread again. I had no idea there were so many people on here from the area. Mine should be back on the road soon (all I need is a new ignition switch).

DaveB I used to live just down off Sutton Heath Rd, if you remember seeing a mineral blue 2.0 about 7 years ago, that was me