skyline engined capri

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
yank290
Car(s): 1999 Vauxhall Vectra 2.0TDI 1986 :) Ford Capri Laser 1.6 PINTO ( soon to be the all mighty 2.0 )

skyline engined capri

Post by yank290 »

well lads was wondering has any one out there put a skyline engine into a capri or even seen one wit it done. How difficult is it to do. Info wood b great thanks
seatofmepants
Car(s): 1973 mk1. currently a fully welded and rot free shell ready for its transformation into a car again. watch out for project reports viewtopic.php?f=17&t=39246

Re: skyline engined capri

Post by seatofmepants »

v interesting idea. im planning on doin something like this myself in afew years

youre looking at custom engine mounts, custom gearbox mount, probably a new gearbox tunnel, new rear axle, new driveshaft that fits the distance (that will be different) perfectly, modified engine bay to allow bigger radiator and intercooler, larger fuel lines from the tank, and new rear wheels that fit the bolt pattern of your new axle. oh yeah, and a skyline engine, ecu and g'box :)

not to mention the weeks of researching, sourcing and buying the parts, then bringing half of them back and swapping them cause they havent worked like you thought they would

thats just the big stuff. Probably missed alot but that gives you an idea of whats needed to get jap power in a capper

definelty worth it if youve got the drive to make it happen, the more modified capris on the road the better in my opinion :burnout:
Before you judge someone you should walk a mile in their shoes, that way, when you do judge them, your a mile away and you have their shoes

Confucius say "man with loudest mouth often have quietest brain"
yank290
Car(s): 1999 Vauxhall Vectra 2.0TDI 1986 :) Ford Capri Laser 1.6 PINTO ( soon to be the all mighty 2.0 )

Post by yank290 »

Wiring loom and front shocks dat will take the weight of all my new toys ha
PeterG2.8
Donator
Donator
Car(s): "Bertha":- Under reconstruction.
1.6 Laser :- Daily Driver.
Peugeot E7 XS:- Cash box .... Kerrching!!!!!!

Post by PeterG2.8 »

I'm sure the SX200 engine has been done before :burnout:
nigecapri
Car(s): Black 2.0S with supercharged bike carbs.

Post by nigecapri »

Toyota V8 in a Laser shell today at Wonderland.
dixy1949

Post by dixy1949 »

why not buy a skyline instead of destroying another capri.?
Bigdek67
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser, 2009 Mondeo TDCi 140, 2010 Focus Zetec
Absent Friends: 1979 1.6GL (FSS 280V), 1984 1.6 Laser (B375 DSE), 1984 1.6 Laser (B990 KRS)

Post by Bigdek67 »

why not buy a skyline instead of destroying another capri.?
I'm thinking this as well.
I see older cars that have had a heap of money spent on modern engine/drivetrain/suspension mods and I think it would have been a whole lot easier just to buy something modern to start with.
There used to be a beautiful and fairly rare Ford (not a Capri) local to me which was then 'Cossied' with all the associated mods to wheels, brakes, suspension etc.
I can appreciate the work and expense that went into it but why didn't the bloke just buy a Cosworth Sierra ?
However, each to their own, and all that.
yank290

Post by yank290 »

i do own a skyline but i love the looks of a capri i just wish the pinto put out more power so i figure why not combine my2 favourite cars and see wat i end up wit come on now it will b a weapon and im not destroying it im improving it i think henry ford wood b proud of me
seatofmepants
Car(s): 1973 mk1. currently a fully welded and rot free shell ready for its transformation into a car again. watch out for project reports viewtopic.php?f=17&t=39246

Post by seatofmepants »

hey! modifying a capri isnt destroying it
Its improving it

im on yanks side with this one, how boring would the scene be if everyone kept their cars standard, shows'd be a f*cking yawn fest!

each to his own and all that but it bums me out when people complain about modified classics. whats wrong with taking a classic car and making it faster, sleeker and more comfortable to be in?

seeing these posts, there aint gonna be many happy faces when i finish my car. jap tuner interior,big boot ice install, twin pipes and no v8, custom grill, 20" rims under non factory arches and eventualy a jap engine and running gear

and all this on a mk1 :twisted:

I dont realy care if others think im ruining a classic. Im looking forward to seeing the old folks at the N.I classic shows reel in horror at what ive done to a rare car. screw em :xd:
Before you judge someone you should walk a mile in their shoes, that way, when you do judge them, your a mile away and you have their shoes

dixy1949

Post by dixy1949 »

seatofmepants wrote:hey! modifying a capri isnt destroying it
Its improving it

im on yanks side with this one, how boring would the scene be if everyone kept their cars standard, shows'd be a f*cking yawn fest!

each to his own and all that but it bums me out when people complain about modified classics. whats wrong with taking a classic car and making it faster, sleeker and more comfortable to be in?

seeing these posts, there aint gonna be many happy faces when i finish my car. jap tuner interior,big boot ice install, twin pipes and no v8, custom grill, 20" rims under non factory arches and eventualy a jap engine and running gear

I dont realy care if others think im ruining a classic. Im looking forward to seeing the old folks at the N.I classic shows reel in horror at what ive done to a rare car. screw em :xd:

couldn,t agree more, but just take the capri badges off it because it aint one anymore sonny.
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

I'm with Dixie on this.
Its a 70s car so by all means modify it in a 70s manner.
But why search for a Capri if you want just a vague Capri shape over a load of jap hi-tech stuff?
Capris started being modified the day they left the factory, and it surprises me there's a single concours or standard one left.
But there's modification to improve a basic design, then there's changing the nature of the car altogether.
Do too much and its just a name and a shape! No soul left in it!

'Taking a classic and making it sleeker, faster and more comfortable' is merely development and the big companies do that 24 hours a day.

That's my opinion. Shout, swear and moan all you like, but its a free world and you ain't going to change it!
seatofmepants

Post by seatofmepants »

dixy1949 wrote:
seatofmepants wrote:hey! modifying a capri isnt destroying it
Its improving it

couldn,t agree more, but just take the capri badges off it because it aint one anymore sonny.

:lol: :lol: fair play