Anyone into scale modelling ? Been in my toy box....

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
STOCK...tm
Car(s): Nothing special as a daily driver.. nothing for the weekend.... but a HEMI V8 in the garage getting some attention :)

Anyone into scale modelling ? Been in my toy box....

Post by STOCK...tm »

After becoming single again the other week Ive been able to remind myself of the things Ive been hoarding ....waiting for that 'day' to come when i can build / display some of my toys........ Most have been boxed away for at least 6 years, a mix of plastic kits and diecasts of all makes and scales...... Most of the plastic kits are un-assembled.... some a little old and rare..... and some that were started..... those ones being a little dusty!

I first decided that the few 1/43 cars should come out of their boxes for a breath of fresh air....

Bit of a mixture :)

Packed away in boxes are a collection of unmade kits....... again....a bit of everything....

Around 6 to 8 years ago i did start building a few kits.......... non were finished and some were exposed to a little dust....... not easy to clean :(

1/25 scale Mercedes 1626

Unfinished and a little dusty...

As is the 1/25 scale Volvo...

The 1/24 scale Volvo chassis ...again, a little dusty!

The 1/32 Volvo got a shower tonight.....

Somewhere there are a couple of part built capri's made by monogram..... will have to dig em out......and all the others too.... bit like christmas :)
Image ImageImage
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Re: Anyone into scale modelling ? Been in my toy box....

Post by Peter-S »

Yeah, I do make the odd kit but not cars. I think tck's blood pressure is high enough already without me putting up pics though!
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
mooneyj

Post by mooneyj »

i wish i had the patience to do them kits, have wanted to for years but i would end up throwing it on the floor after five mins
dixy1949

Post by dixy1949 »

build r/c ships & submarines also plastic truck kits, some of your,s are worth a bit on e.bay stock.
STOCK...tm
Car(s): Nothing special as a daily driver.. nothing for the weekend.... but a HEMI V8 in the garage getting some attention :)

Post by STOCK...tm »

dixy1949 wrote:build r/c ships & submarines also plastic truck kits, some of your,s are worth a bit on e.bay stock.
With that i guess you mean the low roof Volvo's? Funnily enough when i was young.... 11 to 20 i built several of the italeri Volvo's, mainly the low roof , think i paid 9.99 when i started to around 15.00 when i built the last........... everytime i wanted to make a better job than the last one....... and everytime i finished one i wasnt totally happy....... maybe im getting a sad old git but the best part of that kit is before you build it........ so the one i have i want to leave unbuilt...... but.... you can still get hold of the globetrotter.... both in the italeri and the revell range......... and i have both in low roof form to make some moulds to make the parts needed to convert the easy to obtain globetrotter kits........ I did once build the revell kit as pictured in the box..... it was in a discount bin many years ago (83ish) for a tenner!
Image ImageImage
dixy1949

Post by dixy1949 »

still got the amt kit built rubber duck mack tanker from the movie convoy.
STOCK...tm

Post by STOCK...tm »

dixy1949 wrote:still got the amt kit built rubber duck mack tanker from the movie convoy.
Nice 8-) One kit i would like to get hold of again is the AMT Volvo kit, could be built one of three ways, Frigoscandia Globetrotter, P&O low cab F10 or a low cab F12 , cant remember what the company was but it was a brunswick green in colour..... keep seeing them on ebay from time to time but never seem to have the cash!

At work i maintain/repair/ restore a fleet of volvo powered coaches, the chassis hardware is basically volvo truck, the engine is an F10 motor laid on its side..... so detailing volvo truck kits is now a lot easier........ OOh , just thought of one more kit i want to find... the Heller Renault G260..... same cab as the F6 and F7...... built one years ago but converted it to volvo....painted up in an the colours of a company i worked for....wish i had al those old kits now...... at work we have a 1980 F6 four wheel tipper ..... would be nice to make a scale model of it...... :)
Image ImageImage
Noel
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i

Post by Noel »

I am liking the Trans-am a lot.

Makes me want to grow a moustache and cop off with Sally Field!
STOCK...tm

Post by STOCK...tm »

Noel wrote:I am liking the Trans-am a lot.

Makes me want to grow a moustache and cop off with Sally Field!

I have a few Smokey and the Bandit things.....

A couple of diecasts... 1.36 and 1.18 scale

And anybody who has watched the second film might just remember the Bandit telling 'Frog' that he had made a record... it was called ... 'Lets do something cheap and superficial' ..... well.... just to let you know... I DOES EXIST! :lol:

Image ImageImage
dixy1949

Post by dixy1949 »

enough of toy boxes for now stock, how,s that v lump coming on. :beer:
STOCK...tm

Post by STOCK...tm »

dixy1949 wrote:enough of toy boxes for now stock, how,s that v lump coming on. :beer:
To be honest its ground to a halt...... i have a lot to sort out in the house etc since the ex moved out.....but............ i will be back on the case shortly...... garage needs a major clean and sort out first..... hard to believe but i havent really been in there for 3 weeks...... silly really as i could bring it all in the house :lol:
Image ImageImage
BNR32
Car(s): R33 gtr skyline at the moment
cars owned since passing my test 18 years ago.
13 capris,
2 X gtr skylines, evo ,
still have a healthy intrest in capris

Post by BNR32 »

a-up stock..
haven't seen those since foster gate.
when you coming round for a beer...... im away on holiday from Wednesday night for a week though..
fosters in the fridge !!
D200 rotting away at my mums still, shame isn't it, that tasty v8 not being used !!

ian
STOCK...tm

Post by STOCK...tm »

BNR32 wrote:a-up stock..
haven't seen those since foster gate.
when you coming round for a beer...... im away on holiday from Wednesday night for a week though..
fosters in the fridge !!
D200 rotting away at my mums still, shame isn't it, that tasty v8 not being used !!

ian
Hi mate, im not gonna make it before wednesday but i will come thru when you get back.... As for the D200....... how rotten is it?? Tis a shame....... if i had some cash i would have it off you...... no wife means a weekend toy is allowed! :)
Image ImageImage