Getting this country back to being great

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
turbo-mike
Car(s): capri 2.8, focus van, st focus

Getting this country back to being great

Post by turbo-mike »

OK after the fuel price thread hears a fer of my ideas to getting this country great again.

1. Stop letting every bugger that wants to come hear in, EVERY immigrant takes a job from some one that lives in this country, we have 2.5 million unemployed we don't need to add to that. this is for any race white, black , blue, red ,what ever not a race thing just a numbers issue.
If a immigrant commits a crime they should be sent back to wen-st they came. Think of that Iranian that ran over the girl and ran away leaving her to die under his car, he was a failed asylum seeker and he was let so stay as it was against HIS rights to send him back fuck off I bet if I did the same it would not be my human rights that came into it.

2. Benefits Be like Canada when you work you accrue credits so if you are fortunate enough to become unemployed when you see the social they look at your records and say you have so many credits so that gives you x amounts of months/years of benefits
3. Young mums and large families on benefits, these 16 year old kids that get knocked then go on the social get a home and a 2k pay out to furnish the bloody house,
And the families that have more than 3 kids and don't work and keep getting pregnant to get more benefits there are families living in 3 houses coz they have so many scummy kids.
We should be like china 1 kid you get benefits 2 they get reduced 3 you get you bollocks cut off. Remember a kid is for life NOT benefits,

4. Reduce the armed forces and stop being the america's puppet following them to every war they can find, if we pulled out of afghan we would save millions, I was talking to a major the other day and he told me how much it would costs to fly a merlin helicopter from Scotland to the south of England £80k yes £80k I was also having a convo with a sgt and he was telling me how when he was in Iraq how a baddie shot at them, they returned fire but the baddie then got on a motor bike, so the shot at him with 3 missiles, they all missed, and that cost us 1.5 million pounds, so you can imagine how much it costs us by the day.
OK that's a few add yours.
mike
Last edited by turbo-mike on Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beakster
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1983 Ford Capri 2.9 24V Cosworth Injection

Re: Getting this country back to being great

Post by Beakster »

Although most of those ideas probably would serve purpose, I don't know about making the country "great", as one of the great things is the UK's respect for human rights which would be greatly violated by things like forced sterilisation or even removing benefits.

Here are my 3 suggestions to make Britain great again....

1) Legalise drugs and prostitution: If you make something illegal you can't control it's supply. You are giving control to the crimials then. We've been loosing the war on drugs for decades with the current approach of prohibition. If people want drugs they will get them so...

The government should supply, control and tax all substances. People can buy quality gear without risking overdosing due to unknown strengths or ingredients. Immediately there will be a massive decrease in crime as drugs become affordable (no more stealing to fund a habbit) and the money raised by their sale can be used for rehabilitation programs. I think its ridiculous that addictive drugs which cause countless social problems and cost the NHS millions are legal (alcohol and tobacco), more sociable less addictive drugs like ecstasy or marijuana are illegal.

The control of prostitution would ensure sex workers receive better health care, regular check ups to prevent the spread of STDs like HIV, and by having them all licensed by the government it would put an end to human trafficking for prostitution.

2) Impose some rules regarding the sale of product manufactured at home/abroad. For example, say that when Ford sell cars in the UK, 30% of the parts/cars must be made in the UK. Force them to bring back some industry to the UK and create some jobs. While they are at it they could also say that at least 50% of vehicles sold by a manufacturer must be electric, make a massive reduction to our carbon footprint.

3) Public Transport. Get cars off the road by providing significantly better pubic transport. Commuting by public transport is a nightmare these days. More carriages on trains, more regular trains, open more local train station, and provide high speed rail links between all major cities. An expensive and time consuming endeavor, but essential to the future of the nation I think.
turbo-mike

Post by turbo-mike »

don't know about the drugs as I don't do them, But the prozzy bit could be good as you never know when you may have a need for such a service. but the others are good and def agree with cars etc made in England, It was a total wast letting rover go I know the cars weren't the best but they should of been kept going and the cars could of been used for government company cars etc.
mike
InvalidBoy
Car(s): .

[OO]===o===[OO]

Post by InvalidBoy »

Mike,
points one and two- sign me up!
I'm open minded and tolerant of other cultures and people from other countries, but our land mass is finite and much smaller than say France whose population is similar to ours. Common sense and simple Maths.

Point three, I'm a little torn on, but I would like to see as much money poured into adoption as is into IVF surrogacy. That will upset people but thousands of kids are unloved in public care.
Instead of child benefit for unemployed families, nappies, bottles and specific baby food tokens should be supplied. I'll tell you the truth- thousands of children don't feel the benefit of child benefit...

Point four, again emotionally torn, the British Armed Forces are the best in the world. Reducing funding seems to smack of ingratitude, but to seek to chase unwinnable wars (where locals don't seem to want peace) is ridiculous. The cost of Afghanistan and Iraq is just too high. In both Monetary and Human terms.

Chris, the rail network is fractured and not working. It needs a root and branch rebuilding. There is not on single central plan for it and as a result developments are lop-sided and unsuccessful.
Image THE trollkiller. Oh yes! ImageImage NEXT!
mjcapri
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Diamond White Granada 24v

Caspian Blue Sierra XR4i

Stealth Grey Focus RS

Storm Grey Fiesta ST200 (actually belongs to the missus!)

Mean Green Fiesta ST-3

Post by mjcapri »

The drugs bit is controversial (I'm not saying wrong mind) but I agree with pretty much everything else to the letter.

Johnna, I know you and know you're not in the least bit predudiced against other ethnic groups - what you're saying is just common sense. The last government however introduced a culture whereby such views are frowned upon unfortunately. I also know you know what you're talking about when it comes to child welfare, but again the people at the top seemingly don't.

Seriously guys, as a proud Englishman I shouldn't say this, but I've got half a mind when I finish Uni to f**k off and not come back. I suppose I'm just fed up with whats happening, and people like me should stick around and be part of rebuilding the country, but when you see how public money is wasted it's a sickener. There are still those who rattle on about how lucky we are to have the NHS but as far as I'm aware it's statistically the worst in Europe (and beyond). It was designed to serve the population of the UK, not that of Kurdistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan and so on. No wonder it's turned a bit s**t.

As for the rail network, as a regular traveller it's a total disgrace. IMO there's far to much money spent on needlessly replacing rolling stock and not enough on giving it something decent to run on. New trains are a bit like new cars in a way, cleaner (emissions wise I hasten to add - not internally!), safer, and look nice for a couple of years but then fall to bits. the Cross Country trains I unfortunately have to endure are a complete disgrace. And they only have 4 coaches so standing is the order of the day, not that sitting is any more comfortable.

Mike, that's quite a sensible post by you actually, at least you didn't suggest genecide against Northern Peasants! :lol:

Rant over.
turbo-mike

Post by turbo-mike »

Mike, that's quite a sensible post by you actually, at least you didn't suggest genecide against Northern Peasants!

That was my next post Mark LOL
The immigration thing is in no way ment raciest just pure maths, as some of the best workers I know come from eastern Europe and I would employ one of them over a native UK person any day as there work ethic is superb (well the ones I have worked with hat is)
mike
InvalidBoy

[OO]===o===[OO]

Post by InvalidBoy »

mjcapri wrote:
As for the rail network, as a regular traveller it's a total disgrace.
Aye you can end up sitting next to any old bollocks!!!
InvalidBoy

[OO]===o===[OO]

Post by InvalidBoy »

turbo-mike wrote:Mike, that's quite a sensible post by you actually, at least you didn't suggest genecide against Northern Peasants!

That was my next post Mark LOL
The immigration thing is in no way ment raciest just pure maths, as some of the best workers I know come from eastern Europe and I would employ one of them over a native UK person any day as there work ethic is superb (well the ones I have worked with hat is)
mike
Some jobsworth PC knackers will even argue this statement is racist, despite paying a compliment which is a real truism. That again is one of our blind alleys we have trodden down.
British workers don't dislike the people who enter the country and work hard. They dislike the policies that allow earnings AND WORKING TAX CREDITS to be sent abroad and to not be re-invested into the British economy.
SpikeCapri
Car(s): Ford Capri X-Pack 1987

Post by SpikeCapri »

I agree with Beaskster on the drug issue. It is often the first point to come up when this gets discussed.
mjcapri
Donator
Donator

Caspian Blue Sierra XR4i

Stealth Grey Focus RS

Mean Green Fiesta ST-3

Post by mjcapri »

Aye you can end up sitting next to any old bollocks!!!
Especially on the first train of the day! :whistle:
dixy1949

Post by dixy1949 »

country is still great, " GREAT" big laughing stock.
atomic4
Car(s): Ford Capri V8 Twin turbo.
W reg black 3ltr S

Post by atomic4 »

Illilegal immigrants should'nt be immediately deported. They should go to prison first and do their time then get deported. :speakenglish:
billymagfhloinn
Car(s): 1.6 Daily Driver

Post by billymagfhloinn »

Funny, I couldn't find a speak Welsh, Speak Gaelic, or Speak Manx sign.
laserdude
Car(s): capri

Post by laserdude »

THIS COUNTRY WILL NEVER BE GREAT AGAIN. IT IS TO LATE! It's F**k**
blitzy
Car(s): project blitz ex 1.6 laser fitting 2.0 uprated suspention with caprisport GTR brakes

Post by blitzy »

:agree: :agree: :agree:
Oh for the day I can go.
Ghia15
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1981 3.0 Ghia (Restoration Project), 1982 2.0's (Long term project), 1993 BMW E34 520i, 1999 Volvo V70 (Sold to the Parents)

Post by Ghia15 »

I am also proud to be an englishman, but the way the company is being run is a joke.

I agree we should not follow the americans around, most of them dont have enough brain power to run an energy saving lightbulb for an hour per year.

Im at uni and seriously thinking of abandoning ship before it sinks like a stone, the only thing it is floating on is the british public which cant stay boyant in the sea of shite forever.

I know we all think we could run the contry better than the government, in this case we should be given a chance as we couldnt fuck things up any more than they already are.

I also agree with mike, I am not a raacist and I have many friends that are foreign but we need a system more like australia, They only let in who they need and tell the rest to piss off. Are they racist? Of course not.

And refugees, Im sorry about what you have been through but the EU says you should take refuge in the first safe country, not the first safe country that allows you to stay and get free money. By what stretch of any imagination are we the first same country to anyone?

Anywhere in the world I could go and get a capri there so no reason to stay in the uk for that and not much in the way of prospects here for many years, especially if politians who just want to line their pockets keep acting selfishly for ther own ends and sending this country back into the stoneage.
rich_jc
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Signal Orange 1980 (W) 2.0 GL ("s" spec) 5 speed

Post by rich_jc »

I think education is a key issue to a country's prosperity, as it is always the younger generation who inherit and eventually shape the nation.

Rich
Ghia15
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1981 3.0 Ghia (Restoration Project), 1982 2.0's (Long term project), 1993 BMW E34 520i, 1999 Volvo V70 (Sold to the Parents)

Post by Ghia15 »

Yes but education is going up the spout due to university tuition fees trebbling.

My boss is talking about having a patnership with birmingham uni for the same course I am doing, but they were talking about charging a premium because they have links with a company that builds and races old F1 cars (1990 era).

If I was forced to be paying £10,000 a year I probably wouldnt go.

Doctors leaving uni with £70,000 of debt, I know they earn more in the long run but it will put of bright students who would make great doctors off because of the debt they would leave with.

Invest in education to make the country great.
timfromull
Car(s): 1985 Capri Laser (project) Mitsubishi Shogun Warrior and Vauxhall Vivaro van

Post by timfromull »

Lets start stringing oxygen thieves up that throw bricks of bridges onto passing cars.........seriously :agree:
mjcapri
Donator
Donator

Caspian Blue Sierra XR4i

Stealth Grey Focus RS

Mean Green Fiesta ST-3

Post by mjcapri »

Same thinking as me then eh, finish uni and f**k off!

Here's the biggest joke of it, which to me clearly demonstrates how stupid politicians really are.

1000 Brits (as in legitimate citizens) leave the UK per week (figure may have now altered). Some w***er comes on the TV and says it dosn't matter because they are replaced by 1000 imigrants.

Sorry, but who the f**k does he think the people leaving are? Single mothers of 5, smack heads, benefits cheats? I dont think so! I think you'll find they're generally successful people who are either skilled or run a business of some kind, for example. You know, the type of people the country needs. And they are being replaced by what exactly? I'll leave you to answer that.....