Dorset Capri Club ???

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
nigecapri
Car(s): Black 2.0S with supercharged bike carbs.

Re: Dorset Capri Club ???

Post by nigecapri »

Well the best thing guys is that you're already in the Laser Page so you don't really need to belong to another Capri club. Some of the local branches folded for political reasons - the chairman's girl ending up in the treasurer's car etc. but more often it's a numbers issue, just not enough enthusiastic owners within travelling distance of the pub with a big car park. Starting your own club with a couple of mates you know in town isn't really worthwhile because you can email / text / ring them anytime for a chat & a drink and finding like-minded Capri owners nearby will be time consuming for little reward. If you can meet up at the All Ford Club or similar nights and then find that you have a growing Capri crowd then maybe get something going. I don't like to put you off but running a minority interest members club takes up far more evenings & hours in a month than is likely to be enjoyed by hours of members spent at the meetings, been there - still there! Time spent planning meets & events is time lost for driving to a pub in the next town or a few villages away on a sunny evening for a coke with mates / girl.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

I'd agree with Nige. You've come on a forum to try and sort out a club but it's probably forums like this that have helped finish clubs up to a point. You have one big club open all day everry day so it takes away the need for a local one. Find a general old car club that has a bigger chance of getting members and go on line for Capri specifics.
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Tripled-X
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 3.0s X pack

Post by Tripled-X »

I hear what you guys are saying (nigecapri & Peter-S) but you never know until you ask and being new to the area i had nobody specific to ask so i posted the question on here.
Peter-S wrote:I'd agree with Nige. You've come on a forum to try and sort out a club but it's probably forums like this that have helped finish clubs up to a point. You have one big club open all day everry day so it takes away the need for a local one. Find a general old car club that has a bigger chance of getting members and go on line for Capri specifics.
Part of my passion for the capri is driving it and therefore do feel there is a need for a local club/meet. After all without local clubs there wouldn't be the likes of the carry on camping events! If nothing comes of this thread then so be it but you never know until you try.
If it ain't broke.......Modify it anyway
Quonut
Car(s): Capri 2.8i

Post by Quonut »

I like your way of thinking Tripled-X :drive: It's a shame there are not really enough of us about to "club" things down here like t' old days!......But....there might be hope yet :cool:
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Tripled-X wrote: After all without local clubs there wouldn't be the likes of the carry on camping events! If nothing comes of this thread then so be it but you never know until you try.
You have nothing to lose so good luck with your endeavours. And yes Coc does originate through a local club - you said you might be able to make, I'd like to think Glyn will be there even if he won't say as much so it would be good if you can come along :D
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
midnight cowboy
Car(s): 1981 2. 0GL twin 45`s loud n` proud

Post by midnight cowboy »

Well i`ll be relocating in the next few weeks either 28th june or 5th july down to wareham and i would be up for starting some kind of club either capri only (if enough interest) or a retro ford club, dosent really matter aslong as there are a few like minded members who like the odd sunday cruise or are interested in showing there cars at local car shows might be worth while meeting up at some local drinking house ;) and having a chat about it sometime, dont know the area so someone else can come up with a venue.

Chris.
Terra-Kotta
Car(s): Pinto/crossflow guru.

Post by Terra-Kotta »

Quonut wrote:I like your way of thinking Tripled-X :drive: It's a shame there are not really enough of us about to "club" things down here like t' old days!......But....there might be hope yet :cool:
Your a chief member of dorset arent you steve?
Tripled-X
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 3.0s X pack

Post by Tripled-X »

Well, i reckon there is potential so lets see a show of hands shall we.

:wave: I'm in
If it ain't broke.......Modify it anyway
Quonut

Post by Quonut »

Terra-Kotta wrote:
Your a chief member of dorset arent you steve?
No mate, haven't been for about six years. Don't have anything to do with 'em now.
Anthoff
Car(s): 1x mk3 2.0 laser heavily modified (bumblebee)
1x mk3 1.6 laser stock project

Post by Anthoff »

In response to a lot of posts for this topic we defo need a local club and it seems like there might just b enough of us for a half decent meet I know the perfect place (decent size carpark and easy to get to ) who's up for it
What beta idea have you got for a Sunday than to have a laugh and a chat with fellow ford lovers
:lowrider:
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

This thread is like 2 years old.. I sometimes have to re-write posts but this has to be some kind of record lol
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Quonut

Post by Quonut »

OK then, here we go. Every 2nd Sunday at Mudeford Quay, Christchurch there is a classic car meet from 2PM and it FREE!!! http://www.mudefordmeet.co.uk/
There's a bar there :beer: and a cafe :spam: I've been a few times and it's quite good. The next one is 14th October

Lets use this as a staring point and see how many Capri's from the Laser page who have shown interest, actually turn out from this area. Personally I think that trying to get any club back up and running is like flogging a :deadhorse: but we'll see!!
Dallas
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6 Laser. MG TF 135 BRG. MG ZT 190 V6. Dacia Sandero Stepway.

Post by Dallas »

Resurrecting a 10 year old thread...

Is there any members here in Dorset?