Dorset Capri Club ???

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Tripled-X
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 3.0s X pack

Dorset Capri Club ???

Post by Tripled-X »

Hi, does anyone know if Dorset Capri Club still exists ?? or has the potential to start again.

Cheers in advance
Lee
If it ain't broke.......Modify it anyway
Terra-Kotta
Car(s): Pinto/crossflow guru.

Re: Dorset Capri Club ???

Post by Terra-Kotta »

Hello Lee!

i think dorset is still about.... :?

im down your way over bank hol weekend... where abouts you at may drop in, you still got the cibbie's kickin aboot?
Tripled-X
Donator
Donator

Post by Tripled-X »

Hello Mate, how's it going? :wave:
I'm just passed Ringwood, about 10 miles from poole, so you are more than welcome to drop in. Everyone's :welcome: the kettle is always on. I do still have the cibies but am tempted to slap 'em back on ........ We'll see :roll: Are you gonna go to the OSF night at milton keynes this month? i might well be there wiv me motor. And on the Dorset capri club note, if you have any contacts give 'em a shout.

Catch up wiv ya soon
capri_sam
Car(s): Cosworth BOA, big exhaust, little bitty axle, bright yellow interior. Not exactly subtle.

Post by capri_sam »

Yeah my part of the world! I'm just at Fordingbridge. What does your cappa look like? Not many of them around our parts...
Total number of friends who have so far managed to open the passenger door first time: 1.
Terra-Kotta
Car(s): Pinto/crossflow guru.

Post by Terra-Kotta »

capri_sam wrote:Yeah my part of the world! I'm just at Fordingbridge. What does your cappa look like? Not many of them around our parts...
Trust me, you wont miss his Sam, youl' hear it first!!! its the bollox mate, Lee's built my ideal capri, then kept it for himself!!!
:crying:
Tripled-X
Donator
Donator

Post by Tripled-X »

capri_sam wrote:Yeah my part of the world! I'm just at Fordingbridge. What does your cappa look like? Not many of them around our parts...
Hi Sam, I'm at West Moors. The Cappa is a white 3.0s X pack, stripped out, slammed down and caged up. It has been known to scare small children !! :ninja: Haven't been down neck of the woods that long and haven't been to Fordingbridge yet either. So what's the capri scene like down here? Is it just us 2 lol :tongue:
Tripled-X
Donator
Donator

Post by Tripled-X »

Anyone? I can't be the only one in dorset with a capri ...can I?
capri_sam
Car(s): Cosworth BOA, big exhaust, little bitty axle, bright yellow interior. Not exactly subtle.

Post by capri_sam »

There's a few dotted about. Local lad owns a mk1 3.0 Janspeed turbo, there's a couple of them in Ringwood although you rarely see them around, a garage in Fordingbridge which does a lot of old fords and usually has one or two in, and the winner of the rattiest capri ever (tea box for a passenger seat and brake lights stolen off a fairground ride anyone?) in Salisbury. That's all that I know of!

Good few local shows though- Classics on the prom in Bournemouth which I think is every Wednesday evening in Summer- free parking for classics D reg or older. There's also a couple of car shows in Romsey every year.
Total number of friends who have so far managed to open the passenger door first time: 1.
midnight cowboy
Car(s): 1981 2. 0GL twin 45`s loud n` proud

Post by midnight cowboy »

Hi Guys just joined the forum for this thread i am relocating to wareham next month and have tried several times to get in touch with the club to no avail !! i am down to poole in the capri on mon tues for a job interview you may here me first :D before you see me

Chris.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Tripled-X wrote:Anyone? I can't be the only one in dorset with a capri ...can I?
He's not on here that often but I think Quonut is down that way somewhere.
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Tripled-X
Donator
Donator

Post by Tripled-X »

He's not on here that often but I think Quonut is down that way somewhere.[/quote]

Cheers peter, i'll look out for him :)
Tripled-X
Donator
Donator

Post by Tripled-X »

midnight cowboy wrote:Hi Guys just joined the forum for this thread i am relocating to wareham next month and have tried several times to get in touch with the club to no avail !! i am down to poole in the capri on mon tues for a job interview you may here me first :D before you see me

Chris.
Hi chris, good luck with the interview. Give us a shout if your up for an impromptu meet, the Dorset capri club does appear to be disbanded but maybe if there's enough interest it could be ressurected. i have heard there is an all ford club that meets every second sunday in ferndown. I'm gonna have a look at that

Cheers, Lee
Quonut
Car(s): Capri 2.8i

Post by Quonut »

You be a wasting your time re Dorset Capri Club. They do absolutely NOTHIN as far as I know. I live in Poole. There is another guy in Lymington area with a very tidy 2.8 TT that I know of and he up for restarting a local area club.
midnight cowboy
Car(s): 1981 2. 0GL twin 45`s loud n` proud

Post by midnight cowboy »

Well keep us posted... i`m a member of the capri club scotland but its a bit far to trave to meetings 8-)

chris.
24v_x-pack
Car(s): 1986 mk3 24v cosworth x-pack

Post by 24v_x-pack »

i also live in dorset bout 18 miles from poole :>
Tripled-X
Donator
Donator

Post by Tripled-X »

So, it would appear that i'm not the only 1 :cool: i hate being the odd one out ! Is there enough interest to form a club? that would be the next question - i have been trying to contact the Dorset capri club for almost a year now so i guess it would be a safe assumption that they are no more. Anyone got any thoughts on the matter let me know

Cheers for now

Lee
Quonut
Car(s): Capri 2.8i

Post by Quonut »

Lee, are u up for restarting a local Capri club, do you someone else to do it or do you want to join other like minded owners who aint in a Capri specified club? What about anyone else in or around Poole, Bournemouth, Christchurch areas. Are there enough Capri owners left locally interested in a Capri club?
capri_sam

Post by capri_sam »

Well I'm in for as long as I'm in the area!
xpackmk2
Car(s): mtv capri

Post by xpackmk2 »

think you will find the dorset capri club changed its name to D.A.F.T dorset all ford types
"Understeer" is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"Oversteer" is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"Horsepower" is how fast you hit the fence.
Tripled-X
Donator
Donator

Post by Tripled-X »

Quonut wrote:Lee, are u up for restarting a local Capri club, do you someone else to do it or do you want to join other like minded owners who aint in a Capri specified club? What about anyone else in or around Poole, Bournemouth, Christchurch areas. Are there enough Capri owners left locally interested in a Capri club?
To be honest Quonut, all of the above !! I moved to the area last year and i figured joining the local capri club would be the way forward. However it would seem that they are no longer active, so i started enquiring on various forums and here we are now. I guess ultimately i'm looking to join like minded owners wether or not they own capri's is neither here nor there but because i own a capri and have for many years, it seemed the most logical place to start. I have seen that there is an all ford club locally, which i haven't managed to get along to yet but will at some point.