More laser page gatherings

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Ghia15
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1981 3.0 Ghia (Restoration Project), 1982 2.0's (Long term project), 1993 BMW E34 520i, 1999 Volvo V70 (Sold to the Parents)

More laser page gatherings

Post by Ghia15 »

Hi all, Was having a chat with daisy and were saying that as the Xmas doo was such a success we should have more of them, we were thinking over easter.

This is just an idea nothing planned yet, some feedback would be good from all you lot.

Also dates and location possibilities.

As i say just wanting some feedback.
Huw
Donator
Donator
Car(s): No Capris since May when i lost my storage. :-(
E34 BMW 530 Touring (manual) - 4L V8 conversion, minimal exhaust, cut springs, welded diff ... daily driver. :-)

Re: More laser page gatherings

Post by Huw »

I enjoyed it ... might even travel further than my front door if we got a good crowd together! :D
Huw Larsen (sorry ... no pics of the Capris sideways)

InvalidBoy wrote:A Pie with chips is the equivalent of Meryl Streep... seemingly wholesome, but allsorts of animal die in the process.
Beakster
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1983 Ford Capri 2.9 24V Cosworth Injection

Post by Beakster »

I'm hoping to be at Classic Ford Show. Let's all make an effort to go there. Last time we had a meet at Santa Pod for a day of drag racing it was good fun and followed by a nice meal and pint in the pub.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Ghia15 wrote:Hi all, Was having a chat with daisy and were saying that as the Xmas doo was such a success we should have more of them, we were thinking over easter.

This is just an idea nothing planned yet, some feedback would be good from all you lot.

Also dates and location possibilities.

As i say just wanting some feedback.
Glad you enjoyed Chrimbo Jonathon but it took quite a bit of badgering and coaxing to get some positive responses so I think looking at Easter is a bit optimistic.
I'm hoping that we can talk about Xmas 2010 at coc this year if
i'm there because I think some face to face chatting is the best way to agree something that a majority are happy with.
If you want an event before then you are getting into show season so I'd suggest you pick an event and promote it as a Laser page meet.
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
340truck
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Rat - GONE
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE
Only 2 Zetec SE Fezzas left now, 1.6 ghia gone. Mk 1 Focus replaces, sticking with 1.6 Zetec SE

Post by 340truck »

"Cars on the Green" 25th April! Camping on the Sat night...on site bar and barbecue, need some more laser pagers there, lets make it a meet up :cheers:
daisyduke
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6 mark III Laser running 115bhp

Post by daisyduke »

good plan dave.

I was also talking with Sam, who is planning a cambridge boozer in early may i believe, so people are welcome along there too...
Cherry
Car(s): Capri 2.0 laser with 2.0S interior and (bent) exhaust with beast tailpipe - ICE still in progress
Hillman Avenger
Audi 100 2.2E Avant

Post by Cherry »

340truck wrote:"Cars on the Green" 25th April! Camping on the Sat night...on site bar and barbecue, need some more laser pagers there, lets make it a meet up :cheers:
I will be escaping from Wales that weekend, wedding in Reading (Like the thriller in Manila but maybe without the fighting :lol: ) so I might make it! Do we need to book individually?
340truck
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Rat - GONE
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE
Only 2 Zetec SE Fezzas left now, 1.6 ghia gone. Mk 1 Focus replaces, sticking with 1.6 Zetec SE

Post by 340truck »

Book in for this event on this website http://carsonthegreen2010.eventbrite.com/

Book in on the "club stand with camping" section, put the club as "Ford Capri laser Page" to get your place. If you don't book there is a chance you won't get on...this event is limited to 400 cars this year, we were overwhelmed last year. You can pay for camping when you arrive, then it doesn't matter if you can't come at the last minute.
Cherry
Car(s): Capri 2.0 laser with 2.0S interior and (bent) exhaust with beast tailpipe - ICE still in progress
Hillman Avenger
Audi 100 2.2E Avant

Post by Cherry »

Done! :cheers: