hi im new need help

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
bernard71

hi im new need help

Post by bernard71 »

Hi ppl Im needing help im trying to track down my old capri Image
sold the car around 12 to 13 years ago it was for sale around 5 years ago i went to look at it, it was as i sold it
Ive been told its in the worksop area
caulkie
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.8i special,
co- own mk3 cotina

Re: hi im new need help

Post by caulkie »

HI
ACCORDING TO dvla its still about kinda
The enquiry is complete

The vehicle details for DWR 78T are:

Date of Liability 01 02 2010
Date of First Registration 02 10 1978
Year of Manufacture 1978
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2993CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status SORN Expired
Vehicle Colour ORANGE
Vehicle Type Approval

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £104.50
12 Months Rate £190.00
bernard71

Post by bernard71 »

the car was seen by a freind in worksop town center ...... problem is i need to contact current owner with a little luck they will sell :)
capri_sam
Car(s): Cosworth BOA, big exhaust, little bitty axle, bright yellow interior. Not exactly subtle.

Post by capri_sam »

Good luck finding it, what a great looking car!
Total number of friends who have so far managed to open the passenger door first time: 1.
Beakster
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1983 Ford Capri 2.9 24V Cosworth Injection

Post by Beakster »

If you don't find out by asking on forums, you could try contacting the DVLA. Have a look here:
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Ow ... DG_4022066

It says they will provide the information if reasonable cause is given. You could try writing a letter stating that you are the previous owner (which they can confirm from their records), provide a picture of you with the car, and they state that as the vehicle has now become a historic vehicle that you are interested in repurchasing it for sentimental reasons.

They probably won't want to give you the owners name and address in case you were planning to steal the vehicle, but you could write the owner a letter with your contact details on it, and some old photos of the car. Include it in a blank envelope with a stamp on it and maybe the DVLA would forward it on to the owner for you so he could get in touch.

Now, they may just say that in their eye's its not reasonable cause, but its worth a try. When I asked them to change the engine size on my V5 they asked me for an engineers report following an inspections. I sent them a letter with a bunch of photos of me fitting the new engine and they accepted that, so there is some amount of give. :)
caulkie
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.8i special,
co- own mk3 cotina

Post by caulkie »

we tried that once, and they sent our cheque back sayin being a former owner does not warrant giving out the cars where abouts, good luck anyway, but with data protection and all that :whistle:
capri_sam
Car(s): Cosworth BOA, big exhaust, little bitty axle, bright yellow interior. Not exactly subtle.

Post by capri_sam »

I can't promise anything but I do have family friends in Worksop, I've asked them to keep an eye out for it- he's into his cars, bikes and planes so if it's there he'll spot it.
Total number of friends who have so far managed to open the passenger door first time: 1.
mk3spitfire
Car(s): Triumph Spitfire mk3 (1967) my one and only car !

Post by mk3spitfire »

funnily enough today i got the info of previous owners from the dvla for my spit. 38 pages of photocopies of every 'change of owner' form, logbooks, register forms, change of detail forms. obviosuly i am the current owner though, and unfortunately they only had records back to '74, so im not sure where my car was between '67 and '74.

anyways, its worth trying, the worst that can happen is they say no. it does take a while though. ive sent letters to every address i got details for, would be nice even if one previous owner was still at the same house.
bernard71

Post by bernard71 »

still looking for dwr 78t last seen in the rotherham area
castleford
Car(s): Ford Capri

Post by castleford »

hi bernard71 not sure if you still and active member here but wanted to let you know your old car is still around and in one piece shes is now in Kent and I am the proud owner
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

castleford wrote:hi bernard71 not sure if you still and active member here but wanted to let you know your old car is still around and in one piece shes is now in Kent and I am the proud owner
Welcome to the forum then. Always good to know there are one or two Capris in Kent with me :)
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
-JC-
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser
2004 Mazda RX8

Post by -JC- »

castleford wrote:hi bernard71 not sure if you still and active member here but wanted to let you know your old car is still around and in one piece shes is now in Kent and I am the proud owner
Great looking car, you must be well happy with that! Is it still looking as good as those 5 year old pics? Anyone know what that front spoiler is?
"Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."
castleford
Car(s): Ford Capri

Post by castleford »

we only bought the car 2 days ago, starting to show signs of old age but not doing too bad, we plan to fully restore her
bernard71

Post by bernard71 »

Hi mate dwr was mine a long time ago would love to chat to you 07917733626