Info about my old car - D969 CLX - silver 2.0 MKIII

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
xanderd

Info about my old car - D969 CLX - silver 2.0 MKIII

Post by xanderd »

Anyone seen it?

it was a silver MkIII 2ltr laser. Sold it in NW London in 2006 I think.

Had a brushed steel dash, white dials with blue LEDs, 38 DGAS with K&N, 4-2-1 manifold, 1.6 rear axle, blue detailed engine bay.

Few bits of rust on the body but I loved that car! Can only bear to think about it again now that I have a replacement :D
340truck
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Rat - GONE
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE
Only 2 Zetec SE Fezzas left now, 1.6 ghia gone. Mk 1 Focus replaces, sticking with 1.6 Zetec SE

Re: Info about my old car - D969 CLX - silver 2.0 MKIII

Post by 340truck »

A DVLA enquiry shows that it is currently on SORN - and the SORN was renewed in October, so it seems it's still alive, but not on the road.
xanderd

Post by xanderd »

ah I didn't think to do that, thanks!
lord_catatonic
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 laser. 'Help for heroes Capri'

Post by lord_catatonic »

I bought D969CLX in 2005, amazing car, drove it everywhere! Sold it to a classic car garage at the very start of 2009 so I could go and work abroad.

Looking on DVLA website today it has tax and MOT for 2017 so must still be going strong!
xanderd

Post by xanderd »

wow! I'm so glad to hear this :D

put a lot of love into it, I was gutted to sell it due to financial reasons...even though it seemed to break down regularly!

Did it still have a dent in the rear wing corner just above the bumper? My neighbour did that and I regret not bothering with the insurance to repair it.

Did it still have the blue led interior lights? :D
DouglasNeal
Car(s): Capri Laser

Post by DouglasNeal »

Greetings, I am now in possession of this Capri, my 15th, and in the process of restoring it.
http://d969clx.blogspot.co.uk/
More than happy to pop along somewhere if you want to have a look at how it is getting on. Since repairing the cooling system, it is now a reliable daily driver. Would love to know more about its history as not much came with the car.
Cheers,
Douglas