tough decisions

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]

are you a driver or a fixer?

driver
57%
fixer
43%

Total votes: 14

seatofmepants
Car(s): 1973 mk1. currently a fully welded and rot free shell ready for its transformation into a car again. watch out for project reports viewtopic.php?f=17&t=39246

tough decisions

Post by seatofmepants »

i know the majority of people who run cars like ours do so not because their practical or comfy, we normaly choose them because they allow us to combine two hobbys into one vehicle.
firstly driving like half mad lunatics who never learned to use brakes cause slowing down is for wimps :twisted: . and then spending some qauilty time in the garage swearing and getting covered in oil fixing the damage done from the days adrenaline fueled stupidity.

the question is wat gives you the most satisfaction? repairing, modifying or simply polishing and admiring your car, or driving like a maddy and scaring your mates outa their skin.

i know most people would choose both, thats why i didnt put it up there, it would make for a very predictable poll and that aint no fun atall.
so wats your fave, racer or mechanic?
Before you judge someone you should walk a mile in their shoes, that way, when you do judge them, your a mile away and you have their shoes

Confucius say "man with loudest mouth often have quietest brain"
digger
Car(s): Mk3 3.1 4 speed now being stripped for rebuild and respray.... doesn't really need it... just want to do it
Mk3 convertible 3 ltr 5 speed...just putting the finishing touches on it

Re: tough decisions

Post by digger »

A few years ago i would def have said grease monkey, but now it't got to be driving coz all i want to do is finish all my projects so i can drive the nuts off them!!
The force is 3.1ltrs strong in this one........

http://www.my-capris.yolasite.com/
Craigorypeck
Car(s): Mk III Capri- 2.0 YB cossie lump with eaton blower on bike carbs. Problem... its 4000 miles away.
MK1 resto- 2.3 Turbo or Charger, both probably
Chevy Cobalt

Post by Craigorypeck »

At the min fixin and improving shit seems to take priority, spare time used to source problems and find parts!! Was never a race head, but since owning my first rwd, its so good/addictive throwing the back end out on a greasy road :mrgreen:
:spam:
24v_x-pack
Car(s): 1986 mk3 24v cosworth x-pack

Post by 24v_x-pack »

well id have to say fixing cause i havent driven since april cuz i sold me sierra and my x-pack is still unfinished sat wrapped in a blanket in the garage and my mk1's engine is in peices on me work bench atm awaiting gaskets and head bolts to put it back together. and when i finaly get me mk1 back on the road im sure ill spend alot of time fixing things on it cuz im like most people on here arse end happy and i genraly abuse the car from time to time. :mrgreen:
its like seatofmepants says if u drive it hard all week you spend all weekend fixing things youve broken. so it just combining two hobbies together driving like a loon and lying on the garage floor swearing and getting a face full of oil.
standard_Man
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Non - Sta1ker has claimed them all

Post by standard_Man »

Seeing the scowls as you park in Mother and Baby parking and two children jump out.

Gotta be the reaction of others to the cars on the road / out and about for me.
You never Get a Second Chance to Make a First Impression