Most things are OK now....

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
guitarswet

Most things are OK now....

Post by guitarswet »

So I'll see how it goes.
The wide table in low resolution mode seems to be to do with the postings and people using wide personal banners.  If you look at older pages on the Q&A forum it doesn't happen.
I can't see how to stop it until a new page starts
Regards
Matty28i
Car(s): Mk3 2.8i not a 2.8i any more... 2.9 24V BOB Long Term Project.

Mk3 1.6LS Now 2.0lt powered 4 speed rocket box. Work in progress daily driver.

Re: Most things are OK now....

Post by Matty28i »

Mark,

I personally like the look of the change as it gives us all some great potential for recording the technical issues. And more importantly for most of us to have a laugh, share current issues and not worry about the annual squabble that seamed to set off the "Laser Page Group" on rants of discontent.

I would like to see the old format at the top of the page where you can see who is logged in and how many people are waiting in the wings. This aspect was very helpful in the past. Be it for log in purposes prior to "chat" or if you needed a question sorting without filling up the page.

Another issue, for security reasons is that the users IP address is now hidden to prevent any attacks.

I know these changes take a lot of time and effort Mark, as when I lost my job "hands on the tools" in fabrication and welding and had to go into an office job. I was the end user on the computer suggesting what improvements were needed to a Health and Safety program being written for me to use at work.

Some of the better more in depth technical articles that are answered should be added to the dedicated technical section of you site in my honest opium. It would save a lot of time and effort having to reply to them again on behalf of all the regulars that use this site.

These are my "positive" comments Mark.

I'm sure that all the regulars on here would also like to see you for the end of season do at MK and thank you for the time and effort that you have put in making the members enjoy their cars and this site.

Matty28i
mooneyj

i agree

Post by mooneyj »

its nice to see you are spending the time and effort to make some changes to the site. as has already been suggested maybe another forum page could be set up for members cars.

if you set this up each member could go in and post a pic or pics of his or her car on this forum and everybody would be able to see who has what car and what they have done to it. i am not sure if it is possible but if you could block the responce to the members cars section it could easily be contained to one page.

the reason i like this forum and dislike others is its simplicity. one or two different sections are easy to keep up to date with but once you have twenty or thirty you struggle to get the full picture.

mark like matty this is postive feedback. i have been on here for nearly five years now and love the place and can't thank you enough for what you are doing.

one further suggestion. the section at the top for the favorite capri. could you not chance that to a yes or no poll for the users to cast there opinions on future chances to the forum.

once again hope this feedback is of some use and keep up the great job

cheers

jamie